Mo'Nique on Hollywood | CLUB SHAY SHAY

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I thought it was 800 million? Now it's 2 Billi? :dead:
Later in the interview, she said she was guestimating and said it was 2 billion. It was 800 mill in 2009, 2 bill present day. I don't personally know the math on it, not even saying it's unrealistic...but how the fukk you making accusations and not know?

Parkers definitely probably made some doe, and she is deserved that, but Monique is another one who is talented but talks out her ass with shyt, and much like Katt is on the outside looking in at people she's more talented than because she doesn't play the game right.

I hate that I sound like I'm caping for folks I don't give a fukk about and are hacks in every sense of the word (Tyler, Lee, Oprah), but her business is fukked up and she keep letting her nutass husband throw even more salt in the few opportunities she is getting.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The bolded is true I can’t front

Her representation was Kevin in this case and he fell thru that’s why she’s mad

But she’s more mad that any of this was in question because of supposed homeboy Tyler Perry

I liken this situation to the streets

Let’s say everybody in your town gets work from 1 person direct or indirectly…he controls all the dope in the city…so let’s say u spoke out about him and he says you’re dead out here…meaning no more work for u

Now u got a homeboy who came up under you…looked up to you as a hustler…and he hustled so hard he lapped you and everyone else now he’s in prime position

And he doesn’t like that you can’t eat so tells you imma put you on with some of my work…that comes from the big man…some kinda way it gets back to him and he tells Kevin if you fukk with her u dead out here too

And kev comes thru and drops some bread on you because he feels bad about the situation…you thankful and all but you still ask about that work cause you’re your own hustker…now knowing what the big man tells u, you say imma get with u I got you

You’re gonna feel some type of way…at least keep it real and say look I love you I’ll help you but I can’t be tied to your name publicly cause I gots protect my own shyt

This is a really good post

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Do I believe studios will overcharge for syndication for a show? Yeah.

They could have made $2 billy out of all the networks and streaming services that want access to it. Tacked on some extra because Monique actually has an Oscar at this point.

Parkers ain't worth no damn 2 billion streaming man. Stop this nonsense.

Seinfield got 500 million, but the Parkers is worth 4x the amount

tumblr_naxwoxe88m1skeohxo2_250.gif

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Later in the interview, she said she was guestimating and said it was 2 billion. It was 800 mill in 2009, 2 bill present day.

Parkers definitely probably made some doe, and she is deserved that, but Monique is another one who is talented but talks out her ass with shyt, and much like Katt is on the outside looking in at people she's more talented than because she doesn't play the game right.

I hate that I sound like I'm caping for folks I don't give a fukk about and are hacks in every sense of the word (Tyler, Lee, Oprah), but her business is fukked up and she keep letting her nutass husband throw even more salt in the few opportunities she is getting.
Church

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
the producers holding a grudge because she didn't wanna do it is foul.

But that's also why people gotta respect Kevin Hart's hustle. He told them studios straight up that you not getting me to promote the movie on my social media accounts with my millions of followers without compensating me. Believe he was one of the first to outright have this in his contracts. And he was right. But he also had the clout (followers) to demand this and the studio knew this, so guess what? They paid him for it.

In Monique's situation, it's tough. But I would've done it just for not burning bridges with these petty b*stards, but make sure you compensate me in my next role for the additional promo. And you don't have to make it some outrageous price, but set the standard that you get the first hit for free, but that's it.

She's not going to say it, but the rumors were that her clown ass husband was wilding with the demands after she got that Oscar. Can't go from 0 to 60 and shyt man. That's crazy.

With that being said, she did say a lot of real shyt too, but it's nothing we don't know about already. But you also can't fail to acknowledge your own in house shortcomings for your situation too. So many women don't believe in accountability for their shyt (Again not ALL ladies). It's insane to me.
I don't doubt that she was probably not the easiest or most understanding person to work with.

I don't agree with everything she says, but when it comes to Lee Daniel's, Tyler Perry, and Oprah, she will forever be justified in going at their necks.

She gave them an Oscar worthy performance for $50k, and they essentially ended her career because she didn't wanna do more work for free. That's foul as fukk, that Oscar should've opened doors for Monique, but they made a few calls to make sure she never got work again in that industry.

They're foul as fukk for that

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I ain't in Hollywood and know little to nothing about it but I noticed that there seems to be two ways to go about making it.

1. Play the game like Kevin Hart or Terry Crews and as long as you don't get caught doing coke or groping kids you're good.

2. Make your own lane on some grassroots shyt and grind to the bone like Tyler Perry.

Monique didn't want to play the game and she failed at making her own lane. And now it's everybody else fault. :yeshrug:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think I'm worth 500k a year, but if all I can negotiate is 150k, then it is what it is. If you can't convince someone you are worth the amount you think you are in your head, then shyt don't matter.

Again, Hollywood is not an merit industry. shyt, most companies ain't. And if you can't get that through your skull, dunno what to tell you fam.

It's called reality. You want someone to pay you what you think your worth is, show them with facts. Have representation on your behalf if you can't get it done yourself to relay that.

Recruiters reach out to me MULTIPLE times a week for gigs, I tell em straight up, this is the amount (I inflate) is what I'm making now. They like :merchant: and keep it moving or ask me if I know people :mjlol: . I do that on purpose just to see if the interest is there for what I want to leave my current situation.

You can't be "fukk dem cacs" in one breath then begging the same cacs to pay you the next. That's crazy.

Facts :dead:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
but they made a few calls to make sure she never got work again in that industry.

They're foul as fukk for that

that's what I'm interested in. Cause if she has evidence of THAT, then yeah, she has the absolute right to shyt on them forever.

But if it's a situation where she had demands that they couldn't agree to, just keep it moving without slandering her. Just let her and her man be.

But if Tyler told people "they are going to ask for this and that" and those people choose not to fukk with her when she does ask for it, then ehhhh.

that's just simple negotiation.

If you got this evidence, and you've been claiming for years that you do, release the shyt.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I’m no expert on how the movie industry works but ain’t this being difficult to work with :wtf: :dead::laff:

I’m weak!

A quick google search: Actors don't get paid to do junkets that's part of your responsibility as talent.

Hahahaha Please tell me there’s more!! :laff:

Our society has lost its collective mind. Wanna reverse years of fukkery that’s your own doing ? Just go off in an interview

DID YOU MISS THE WORD "EXTRA"?

SHE FULFILLED HER OBLIGATED PROMO TOUR.

:devil:
:evil:

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Well one thing I will say and this is the problem I have with one of these fool coli posters that I helped offline before... when somebody went out of their way to help you, you shouldn't throw dirt on their name.

She can say what she wants about Kev but he put his money where his mouth was and he put some money in her pocket when she needed it. She paid it back but still... that man helped her when she was down. Yeah he probably said he would help her and then either changed his mind or was convinced not to do it but that doesn't take away from what he did do.

She has no right to talk about that man. She does have a sense of entitlement. She was wronged, true. But everybody didn't wrong her.

With that being said, she's a woman speaking from a place of pain and hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, so there's that too.

She definitely has legitimate gripes with a lot of people. I don't believe Kev is one of those people.

SHE DIDN'T SAY ONE NEGATIVE WORD ABOUT KEVIN.

SHE SIMPLY TOLD WHAT HAPPENED.

YOU nikkaS DONT EVEN WANT PPL
TO SPEAK THEIR TRUTHS.

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Fixed

This! And she said exactly that!

Oh I'm not saying everything they're saying is 100% facts but the people who don't tow the line are always painted as the villains. Her recording TP saying exactly what she said he did, Lee Daniels apologizing to her, and Taraji saying she wasn't treated right by Oprah, just like Mo said is clearing her name in a lot of bs

Mo being perceived as the problem when in fact she was just vocal about what happened or was happening to her is WILD. When she went on her tirade, I never took sides but I said if a sliver of what she said is true, they need to be ashamed of themselves. Fast forward and here we are
My bad, I was dewing tew much

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
that's what I'm interested in. Cause if she has evidence of THAT, then yeah, she has the absolute right to shyt on them forever.

But if it's a situation where she had demands that they couldn't agree to, just keep it moving without slandering her. Just let her and her man be.

But if Tyler told people "they are going to ask for this and that" and those people choose not to fukk with her when she does ask for it, then ehhhh.

that's just simple negotiation.

If you got this evidence, and you've been claiming for years that you do, release the shyt.
She apparently has audio of Tyler Perry admitting to calling people and bad mouthing Monique to them. She said Lee Daniel's has tried to work with her and got stopped by Oprah and Perry.

I don't know why she hasn't released the evidence, maybe because recording someone without consent is illegal so releasing the audio could get her sued.

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
@EzekelRAGE is doing the lords work in this thread. People keep misconstruing situations, he bring out receipts, and you all continue responding in bad faith.

Thread is full of a bunch of scary ass black people who’d eat shyt if their bosses pushed them hard enough. “well well why is she speaking up about the mistreatment she suffered, has proof of, and was wrongfully blacklisted (till this day) for. No one’s gonna hire her :sadcam:. Messy and problematic. “

This is the only place where I’ve seen that embarrassing ass narrative. wanna say I’m shocked but…. Everyone else has rightfully clocked that the same shyt Monique spoke about, Gabrielle Union spoke about years later, Taraji been crying about years later, Viola, etc. Monique has been vindicated. That woman’s story has been consistent as
fukk for years. So many black actresses are speaking up about the abysmal pay and unacceptable treatment they’re getting, extremely bluntly, and getting support for it when Monique was hung out to dry. AND YET, SHE’S NOT EVEN MAD. She’s just reiterating - “this is what I trying to tell y’all. I was fighting for US”

The pushback to what she’s saying is insane because it proves her point. Even the mild things that she says, in the most respectful manner, becomes an issues cause she’s fat, black and outspoken.

I’ve been watching Monique for a long, long time. From her show, to her standup, hosting awards, her “skinny women are evil” brand and even her talk shows. You did not hear ANY bullshyt about that lady until around the “Precious” drama.

Black people, when will you learn that there is NO way you can act, there is nothing you can say, there is no “right” way for you to say something that cannot be misconstrued as aggressive or negative when you are BLACK. So you might as well always advocate for yourself and demand what you deserve. The mere act of you doing that as a nikka is radical enough to make people lose their shyt. If you’ve worked in a corporate environment having to tiptoe around office politics and behaviors, you especially know this to be true.

Respectability politics will never save you.

BEST POST IN THE THREAD

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
She apparently has audio of Tyler Perry admitting to calling people and bad mouthing Monique to them. She said Lee Daniel's has tried to work with her and got stopped by Oprah and Perry.

I don't know why she hasn't released the evidence, maybe because recording someone without consent is illegal so releasing the audio could get her sued.

She needs to release it. If you gonna go in, don't tip toe.

She got the goods on Oprah and Tyler being dirtbags and petty, then expose em.

You already talked about it for years, so minus well drop the evidience/audio