Mo'Nique on Hollywood | CLUB SHAY SHAY

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Seinfeld was $500 million for a 5 year deal.. you have to realize Bryan allen became a billionaire from selling ads on low quality programming of shows he owned. the parkers had syndication and reruns worldwide even till this day.

Katt Williams Deja vu.

So now bc Monique said it nggas gon justify The Parkers bringing in 2 billion :francis:

Crude

Superstar
Daps
She’s got some legitimate gripes with certain people and a good bit of what she’s saying for years now about certain individuals such as Oprah and Tyler Perry has been echoed by other people in the industry at one time or another as well.

I respect Monique’s mindset towards addressing problems in the most direct and transparent manner. It is important however to know when a person takes that position it comes at a cost especially if they’re not the one cutting the checks.

When you’re not the person cutting and signing the checks at some point you’re going to be faced with a choice to either play ball on some things or leave.

Monique didn’t want to play ball and she doesn’t mind publicly calling people out and being critical about certain things, that turns a lot of those people that cut the checks off and she’s labeled as a loose cannon and difficult to work with. Those Hollywood circles are small especially for Black entertainers like her that occupy more of a niche lane. All it takes is 2-3 of the right people saying not to fool with you and other people who might have been interested are going to step off too.

Monique comes across as very authentic and strong willed, but she’s also the type of woman you can tell is a diva at times and she wants everyone to deal with her exclusively on her terms. That is not the way things work when someone else is cutting your checks and paying you to do a job.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Again I get it.

And If they legit made calls threatening her livelihood then expose them
She has exposed them.

She's been saying the same thing for years and none of them have denied her allegations. Lee Daniel's and Tyler Perry apologized, Oprah won't say her name.

People don't just disappear after winning an Oscar, and Monique never had problems finding work before those three said she was difficult.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kevin’s fatal mistake was making promises before he had all his T’s crossed and i’s dotted. One thing your supposed to know in Hollywood is NEVER make promises because the nature of the industry itself is so fickle. If Kevin would’ve said “I’ll try to make such and such happen” or “I’ll look into maybe us doing this or that” then he’s good. But he more than likely thought he had more juice at the time that he actually had and when reality hit he ghosted her out of guilt.

Lesson learned but at Monique’s expense, she has a right to feel salty but you can tell she didn’t go as hard at him as she did the others because of the kindness he showed her in giving her the money to help her out

Agreed 100%.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:unimpressed:

They both were on First Take this morning
did I say he was going to be fired today? you fukking idiot?

I’m saying he’s bringing too much outside drama to his day job.

What’s ESPN’s benefit in bringing this non-football content to their network?

We already saw how all that reckless bullshyt with Pat McAfee backfires when you’re just shooting the shyt on your outside podcast...

MoveForward

Veteran
Daps
Legit question… Why do they only feel comfortable calling out black juggernauts? She names names with them but they have bosses as well. Harvey Weinstein is easy because white people are through with him. Notice she said Kevin Hart, Oprah, Tyler Perry, and “Lionsgate”? Who owns Lionsgate? Who called her the first time to promote “Precious” for free? Black people don’t own distribution channels in this country and that’s where most of the money is made.

These entertainers get very pro black when they fall off but only go at other famous black entertainers. Where was this “brotha” and “sista” talk when she was poppin? She’s bitter, no one did her wrong because none of them owe her anything.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Usually the free promo is written into the contract. Monique's contract did not say anything about promotion of the movie.
That's the funny thing, the promo was in her contract. She did the promo that was contracted, everything was done and over. Lion's Gate came back later and wanted her to do promo at the Cannes festival in paris, that wasnt in the contract. Also ppl and missing things. She didnt go to Tyler and Oprah asking them to pay for the promo. Her management asked Lions Gate first after they kept calling trying to pressue Monique to do the promo for free. She asked the studio. Oprah and Tyler only come in when they try to pressure her to do the promo for free.

I hate being this person but I was looking at the first couple pages and saw someone ask about her husband but didn’t see the response . Can anyone shed light on why people in the industry have an issue with her husband? I honestly don’t know about him. Like what did he actually do?
Most likely they dont like that he doesnt play the games regular industry agents play. Idc about him cheating on Mo or them having an open relationship etc.(which I think that post was getting at).

However, monique and taraji needed to look at their management team and agents that fukked up their pockets..

From Monique stand point she could have easily just stayed doing stand up getting good checks instead of waiting on Hollywood

And Taraji been in the game 20 plus years , she could have easily got into producing/directing,etc because she seen how shyt works..
We straight up have Monique saying "Lee wanted me for Cookie, but Lee said due to Tyler saying things behind the scenes, he had to go with with Taraji"
The best agent in the world aint overcoming that.

Taraji fired her team for mismanaging her career. She did say they wanted to give Cookie her own show, but she declined it because "it wasnt right" or something. Im curious as to what the issue was about the show. I fell off of Empire after like the first season but from the viral clips, it seemed wild as hell already.

YOU MOVING SUSPECT AS fukk
IN THIS THREAD.

DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE INTERVIEW?

:devil:
:evil:

It's obvious a lot of ppl in here who speaking against the interview/monique, didnt bother to watch. They just wanted to get their hate off. Be it because a black woman speaking out, they dont like monique, or they dont like "attacking successful black ppl". Same shyt happened in the Katt thread. You also got some of the same ppl who "dont like the messy shyt", still in a thread like this though. :mjlol:

Parkers money - Monique said she was told by the studio, that the parkers made 800M/900M. Her 2 bilion estimate (She admits it's a guess) is what that 900M numbers is plus 14 more years of w/e deals they do for streaming and sells. It's not farfecthed to think it has made 600M more since 2009. Yall just looking at streaming stuff, yall not looking at the syndication aspect. Do you think BET was running the parkers for free?

Seinfeld was $500 million for a 5 year deal.. you have to realize Bryan allen became a billionaire from selling ads on low quality programming of shows he owned. the parkers had syndication and reruns worldwide even till this day.
Another thing is that 500M isnt the only deal seinfield has had. Hulul bought it for lfike 200M a few years ago. Thats on top of what the show still makes for syndication today. Actors get paid residuals.

In 2010, it was stated Seinfeld had made 2.7B dollars.
In 2010, according to Warner Brothers Entertainment, the show had earned $2.7 billion, of which $380 million were in cable reruns and $2.3 billion were in regular reruns.
It's now 2024. Just on streaming we know like 800M can be added to that 2.7B total for 3.5B made. Aint no telling how much it still makes off the reruns since TNT/TBS still runs seinfeld.

If anyone thinks the parkers has only made 800M/900M since 2009, not accounting for syndication, and streaming. You are an idiot. Of course it wouldnt be on the scale of seinfeld, but it would still generate hundreds of millions since then. Hell the parkers are on Netflix right now. Do you think Netflix got it for free?

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
She has exposed them.

She's been saying the same thing for years and none of them have denied her allegations. Lee Daniel's and Tyler Perry apologized, Oprah won't say her name.

People don't just disappear after winning an Oscar, and Monique never had problems finding work before those three said she was difficult.

The fact they keep acting like she's pulling bs out of her ass without receipts etc is wild. She had nothing to gain from this interview but everything to lose for continually standing on what she said about them people.

I find it real interesting that since people didn't believe her about TP, she decided to legally, per the state they were in, record him admitting he tried to sabotage her. The response then went from she's lying to why did she record him. Be BFFR!

I've never been the biggest Mo'Nique fan and thought she was doing too much years ago, but respected her for advocating for herself. I went into this interview with no expectations. After watching it, I'm convinced this woman wasn't lying back then and did her due diligence to back up her claims in this interview

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Katt Williams Deja vu.

So now bc Monique said it nggas gon justify The Parkers bringing in 2 billion :francis:

I got some links from Bing AI copilot and keep in mind this is just for the usa...

The cost of TV advertising varies greatly depending on several factors, including the time slot, the network, the size of the audience, and the location of the broadcast. Here’s a general overview of TV ad costs in the United States from 1999 to 2023:
  1. 1999 - 2010s: During this period, the cost to broadcast a 30-second commercial on network television averaged just under $105,0001. The cost could be higher for prime-time slots and national broadcasts1.
  2. 2019: According to Statista, the average cost for a 30-second commercial on national TV was $104,7002. A 30-second TV ad on Sunday Night Football had a cost of roughly $712,0002.
  3. 2020s: In the early 2020s, the cost for a 30-second commercial on national TV could range from $200,000 to several hundred thousand dollars3. For instance, a 30-second Super Bowl ad cost from $6 to $7 million in 20233.
  4. Local vs. National: Local TV ads could run as low as $1,000 a month, while national ads could cost around $200,0003. Regional or local TV ads typically range from $5,000 to $25,0004.
  5. Production Costs: The average cost to produce a professionally made 30-second national TV commercial typically ranges from $25,000 to $100,0004.
Please note that these are average costs and actual costs can vary greatly depending on the specific circumstances. Also, these figures are estimates and may not be entirely accurate. For the most accurate information, you may want to check with the networks or advertising agencies directly.

Source: Conversation with Bing, 2/8/2024
(1) Everything You Need to Know About TV Advertising Costs - Fit Small Business. Everything You Need to Know About TV Advertising Costs.
(2) TV Advertising Costs: Local and U.S. Averages (Plus Options). TV Advertising Costs: What You Can Expect to Pay Locally and Nationally.
(3) Everything You Need to Know About TV Advertising Costs (2024). Everything You Need to Know About TV Advertising Costs (2024).
(4) How Much Does a TV Commercial Cost? A Complete Pricing Guide. How Much Does a TV Commercial Cost? A Complete Pricing Guide.
(5) TV advertising in the U.S. - statistics & facts | Statista. Topic: Television advertising in the U.S..

mkLdkEc.png

thats just one channel airing 8-10s mins of commercials in each for each episode that airs.. a lot of older shows are known to be edited to to shorten the programming to increase the number of ads that can be shown for a single airing.

this is just from one provider in my area.

they still making money off this show.. like i said before this show is global on broadcast, cable, satellite and streaming.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
they still making money off this show.. like i said before this show is global on broadcast, cable, satellite and streaming.

Don’t try to Katt Williams me breh :umad:

I ain’t arguing whether they ‘still make money’ off the show. Nor did I need that PowerPoint presentation on how tv broadcasting works

The very specific item I addressed is the dollar amount of 2 billion :heh: A fat Faizon lie

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
I got some links from Bing AI copilot and keep in mind this is just for the usa...

The cost of TV advertising varies greatly depending on several factors, including the time slot, the network, the size of the audience, and the location of the broadcast. Here’s a general overview of TV ad costs in the United States from 1999 to 2023:
  1. 1999 - 2010s: During this period, the cost to broadcast a 30-second commercial on network television averaged just under $105,0001. The cost could be higher for prime-time slots and national broadcasts1.
  2. 2019: According to Statista, the average cost for a 30-second commercial on national TV was $104,7002. A 30-second TV ad on Sunday Night Football had a cost of roughly $712,0002.
  3. 2020s: In the early 2020s, the cost for a 30-second commercial on national TV could range from $200,000 to several hundred thousand dollars3. For instance, a 30-second Super Bowl ad cost from $6 to $7 million in 20233.
  4. Local vs. National: Local TV ads could run as low as $1,000 a month, while national ads could cost around $200,0003. Regional or local TV ads typically range from $5,000 to $25,0004.
  5. Production Costs: The average cost to produce a professionally made 30-second national TV commercial typically ranges from $25,000 to $100,0004.
Please note that these are average costs and actual costs can vary greatly depending on the specific circumstances. Also, these figures are estimates and may not be entirely accurate. For the most accurate information, you may want to check with the networks or advertising agencies directly.

Source: Conversation with Bing, 2/8/2024
(1) Everything You Need to Know About TV Advertising Costs - Fit Small Business. Everything You Need to Know About TV Advertising Costs.
(2) TV Advertising Costs: Local and U.S. Averages (Plus Options). TV Advertising Costs: What You Can Expect to Pay Locally and Nationally.
(3) Everything You Need to Know About TV Advertising Costs (2024). Everything You Need to Know About TV Advertising Costs (2024).
(4) How Much Does a TV Commercial Cost? A Complete Pricing Guide. How Much Does a TV Commercial Cost? A Complete Pricing Guide.
(5) TV advertising in the U.S. - statistics & facts | Statista. Topic: Television advertising in the U.S..

mkLdkEc.png

thats just one channel airing 8-10s mins of commercials in each for each episode that airs.. a lot of older shows are known to be edited to to shorten the programming to increase the number of ads that can be shown for a single airing.

this is just from one provider in my area.

I forgot what show it is, but it has a cult following over in the Philippines or Thailand or something..it might be the Parker’s or a show from the same era

It’s everybody hates Chris but I don’t remember the country

Braman

Superstar
Daps
If you're black and you have a problem with Mo'Nique speaking her truth

You don't have black aunties and you either biracial or an oreo

I see your ‘black aunties’ and raise you, how bout black sons and daughters? This how yall want your kids to move? :gucci:

Regardless of the legitimacy her gripeS, she is clearly the common denominator. And she has clearly lost money. To quote Corey Holcomb, her way ain’t workin. So is THIS how you’d advise anyone you gave two fukks about to move in life or business??

Give em hell son don’t let them play in your face you said what you said periodt :damn: