Mo'Nique on Hollywood | CLUB SHAY SHAY

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Dont seem like she wanted shyt given to her, she just wasn’t finna let them ppl play in her face

U sounding like an on grateful to be here play by the rules ass nikka right now

fukk dem cacs and pay me what I’m worth…idk everything about her practices and how she acted, but that I agree with 100%

I think I'm worth 500k a year, but if all I can negotiate is 150k, then it is what it is. If you can't convince someone you are worth the amount you think you are in your head, then shyt don't matter.

Again, Hollywood is not an merit industry. shyt, most companies ain't. And if you can't get that through your skull, dunno what to tell you fam.

It's called reality. You want someone to pay you what you think your worth is, show them with facts. Have representation on your behalf if you can't get it done yourself to relay that.

Recruiters reach out to me MULTIPLE times a week for gigs, I tell em straight up, this is the amount (I inflate) is what I'm making now. They like :merchant: and keep it moving or ask me if I know people :mjlol: . I do that on purpose just to see if the interest is there for what I want to leave my current situation.

You can't be "fukk dem cacs" in one breath then begging the same cacs to pay you the next. That's crazy.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
However, monique and taraji needed to look at their management team and agents that fukked up their pockets..
How?

Up until Precious, Mo’nique and her team were killing shyt.

You can change your team a million times, if mother fukkers lie on you and close the doors AND lock them shyts for a decade, how do you overcome this?

People keep talking about her husband, is the dude not loyal to her? Defending her against fukk shyt? What the fukk could another manager or agent do BESIDES implore her to kiss Oprah’s whole ass and beg to be let back in?

Some people can’t live like that… :hubie:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
DL already called her out for lying.

And others have supported her and said she’s telling the truth, namely one of the MAIN PEOPLE she was going against, Lee Daniels, stood up and apologized publicly to her

So if we’re doing he said/she said Monique’s got a lot more receipts that point towards a specific and calculated intention to blackball her than people do of her just being “crazy”

The DL incident seems to be more of a personal nature between those two so I wouldn’t necessarily lump it in with the Daniels, Winfrey, Perry drama. I think they both took low blows at each other that probably won’t heal any time soon but what Tyler and Oprah conspired to do was fukked up on a whole nother level and Oprah especially is an evil individual for what she did.

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Ironically enough, Kevin Hart DOES get paid to promote his films on social media and he was the first one to make that a stipulation in his contracts. The leaked Sony emails from 2015 show the execs complaining about having to pay him.

Before that no actor got paid to promote their films at all. Its still rare for actors to get paid to promote via festivals and awards circuits specifically but what happens is either its part of an actors contract and therefore “baked into” their overall compensation or if its a major studio they’ll pay for actors travel/ nice hotels/five star food/etc.

Precious was an independent film, so Lee Daniels obviously didn’t have the money to pay Monique to promote at a time when that wasn’t even an industry practice, Monique seems to her credit, seems to understand that and was wanting Oprah and/or Tyler to pay her because obviously they had the money. Now if I’m Tyler Perry in this situation, and i’ve got a woman whose about to win an Oscar starring in my produced film that only made $50K, i would’ve called Oprah and said “lets go 50/50 and get her $200K plus travel to go promote for 2-3 weeks”. That in my mind would’ve been good business. But lets say that I took a hard stance and didn’t want to pay her or whatever, I still wouldn’t move to blackball her, thats wicked shyt to do somebody’s career. And Oprah did some EVIL shyt by having her family come on that show to discuss HER molestation. Like seriously Oprah should burn in the pits of Hell for that.

Monique won the Oscar in March of 2010, Oprah had her family on TV screens across America talking about her being RAPED as a kid the very next month. Evil.
All facts, and I'll add that Monique was also pregnant at the time so traveling to do unpaid promotion for a project she was only paid $50k for would've been an unnecessary burden for her.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
What does any of that have to do with people lying and trying to black ball her

Oh you being dense…. let me highlight the pertinent passage

She very clearly is the common denominator and someone with minimal benefit to working with, but substantial downside

She wasn’t blackballed. People rightfully decided the juice was not worth the squeeze. All the theatrics after the fact is just her capitalizing on an ass backwards culture full of people who, apparently, never played sports or held any at-will employment. They don’t owe you shyt. If you a headache this train WILL move on without you. That’s not a gotdamn blackball that’s a business decision

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
All facts, and I'll add that Monique was also pregnant at the time so traveling to do unpaid promotion for a project she was only paid $50k for would've been an unnecessary burden for her.
the producers holding a grudge because she didn't wanna do it is foul.

But that's also why people gotta respect Kevin Hart's hustle. He told them studios straight up that you not getting me to promote the movie on my social media accounts with my millions of followers without compensating me. Believe he was one of the first to outright have this in his contracts. And he was right. But he also had the clout (followers) to demand this and the studio knew this, so guess what? They paid him for it.

In Monique's situation, it's tough. But I would've done it just for not burning bridges with these petty b*stards, but make sure you compensate me in my next role for the additional promo. And you don't have to make it some outrageous price, but set the standard that you get the first hit for free, but that's it.

She's not going to say it, but the rumors were that her clown ass husband was wilding with the demands after she got that Oscar. Can't go from 0 to 60 and shyt man. That's crazy.

With that being said, she did say a lot of real shyt too, but it's nothing we don't know about already. But you also can't fail to acknowledge your own in house shortcomings for your situation too. So many women don't believe in accountability for their shyt (Again not ALL ladies). It's insane to me.

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
I think I'm worth 500k a year, but if all I can negotiate is 150k, then it is what it is. If you can't convince someone you are worth the amount you think you are in your head, then shyt don't matter.

Again, Hollywood is not an merit industry. shyt, most companies ain't. And if you can't get that through your skull, dunno what to tell you fam.

It's called reality. You want someone to pay you what you think your worth is, show them with facts. Have representation on your behalf if you can't get it done yourself to relay that.

Recruiters reach out to me MULTIPLE times a week for gigs, I tell em straight up, this is the amount (I inflate) is what I'm making now. They like :merchant: and keep it moving or ask me if I know people :mjlol: . I do that on purpose just to see if the interest is there for what I want to leave my current situation.

You can't be "fukk dem cacs" in one breath then begging the same cacs to pay you the next. That's crazy.
The bolded is true I can’t front

Her representation was Kevin in this case and he fell thru that’s why she’s mad

But she’s more mad that any of this was in question because of supposed homeboy Tyler Perry

I liken this situation to the streets

Let’s say everybody in your town gets work from 1 person direct or indirectly…he controls all the dope in the city…so let’s say u spoke out about him and he says you’re dead out here…meaning no more work for u

Now u got a homeboy who came up under you…looked up to you as a hustler…and he hustled so hard he lapped you and everyone else now he’s in prime position

And he doesn’t like that you can’t eat so tells you imma put you on with some of my work…that comes from the big man…some kinda way it gets back to him and he tells Kevin if you fukk with her u dead out here too

And kev comes thru and drops some bread on you because he feels bad about the situation…you thankful and all but you still ask about that work cause you’re your own hustker…now knowing what the big man tells u, you say imma get with u I got you

You’re gonna feel some type of way…at least keep it real and say look I love you I’ll help you but I can’t be tied to your name publicly cause I gots protect my own shyt

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The bolded is true I can’t front

Her representation was Kevin in this case and he fell thru that’s why she’s mad

But she’s more mad that any of this was in question because of supposed homeboy Tyler Perry

I liken this situation to the streets

Let’s say everybody in your town gets work from 1 person direct or indirectly…he controls all the dope in the city…so let’s say u spoke out about him and he says you’re dead out here…meaning no more work for u

Now u got a homeboy who came up under you…looked up to you as a hustler…and he hustled so hard he lapped you and everyone else now he’s in prime position

And he doesn’t like that you can’t eat so tells you imma put you on with some of my work…that comes from the big man…some kinda way it gets back to him and he tells Kevin if you fukk with her u dead out here too

And kev comes thru and drops some bread on you because he feels bad about the situation…you thankful and all but you still ask about that work cause you’re your own hustker…now knowing what the big man tells u, you say imma get with u I got you

You’re gonna feel some type of way…at least keep it real and say look I love you I’ll help you but I can’t be tied to your name publicly cause I gots protect my own shyt

True.

But I also don't believe she's telling the whole truth about her situation with Kevin. I 100% believe there's some cap in that shyt. He probably came to her with a number (he owns his own production company now) and she and her husband probably didn't like it. I'm very willing to be that was the case. And if so, what do you do?

Me in that situation, I say I tried, then keep it moving. But for her to turn around and then shyt back on me? Come one fam. That's fukked up. One of the FEW in the industry with a little power who clearly was on your side, and you pull an Et Tu Brute' on me?

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
And I ask you....do you really believe the Parkers is worth 2 billion :comeon:

Do I believe studios will overcharge for syndication for a show? Yeah.

They could have made $2 billy out of all the networks and streaming services that want access to it. Tacked on some extra because Monique actually has an Oscar at this point.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Oh you being dense…. let me highlight the pertinent passage

She wasn’t blackballed. People rightfully decided the juice was not worth the squeeze. All the theatrics after the fact is just her capitalizing on an ass backwards culture full of people who, apparently, never played sports or held any at-will employment. They don’t owe you shyt. If you a headache this train WILL move on without you. That’s not a gotdamn blackball that’s a business decision
So fukk what she said in the interview