Mo'Nique on Hollywood | CLUB SHAY SHAY

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
I hate being this person but I was looking at the first couple pages and saw someone ask about her husband but didn’t see the response . Can anyone shed light on why people in the industry have an issue with her husband? I honestly don’t know about him. Like what did he actually do?

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
For those going at Shannon he also has a lot of guest on with nothing but positive convo, no one cares. The normal interviews outweigh these like 98 to 2.

90 percent of people commenting on nightcap and clubshayshay haven't watched more than 3 episodes but have all kinds shyt to say about how he run his odcast

All Shannon does is let people come on, be comfortable and say their piece.....and that is why he is getting conversations outta them they ain't giving no one else...

People Gon act like if not here Monique would have other prominent places to speak without being constantly interrupted by or sermonized to by the interviewers

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Not even trying to be difficult it but I need more specifics

‘You lied on me’ is a red flag phrase to me. Usually the person using it got some shyt with em

Like I highly doubt he said ‘she’s hard to work with’ out of thin air just lied for no reason .. I’m more inclined to believe he said it, he meant it, but when confronted he told her whatever she wanted to hear to get her out his face.

Especially when you consider the rather comical paradox that someone recording your conversation inherently makes them hard to work with :heh:
Oh its because Oprah and Tyler Perry wanted her to join the illuminatti and suck a goats dikk in order to get more roles. Big bold Monique refused and is a hero to the black community for it. She proved you can make it to a degree of success without sucking goat dikk.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Ironically enough, Kevin Hart DOES get paid to promote his films on social media and he was the first one to make that a stipulation in his contracts. The leaked Sony emails from 2015 show the execs complaining about having to pay him.

Before that no actor got paid to promote their films at all. Its still rare for actors to get paid to promote via festivals and awards circuits specifically but what happens is either its part of an actors contract and therefore “baked into” their overall compensation or if its a major studio they’ll pay for actors travel/ nice hotels/five star food/etc.

Precious was an independent film, so Lee Daniels obviously didn’t have the money to pay Monique to promote at a time when that wasn’t even an industry practice, Monique seems to her credit, seems to understand that and was wanting Oprah and/or Tyler to pay her because obviously they had the money. Now if I’m Tyler Perry in this situation, and i’ve got a woman whose about to win an Oscar starring in my produced film that only made $50K, i would’ve called Oprah and said “lets go 50/50 and get her $200K plus travel to go promote for 2-3 weeks”. That in my mind would’ve been good business. But lets say that I took a hard stance and didn’t want to pay her or whatever, I still wouldn’t move to blackball her, thats wicked shyt to do somebody’s career. And Oprah did some EVIL shyt by having her family come on that show to discuss HER molestation. Like seriously Oprah should burn in the pits of Hell for that.

Monique won the Oscar in March of 2010, Oprah had her family on TV screens across America talking about her being RAPED as a kid the very next month. Evil.

it seemed like the studio was saying they'll pay without saying by putting her up nice for an extended time in France/Europe. Monique fukked her own self over in this situation. Plain and simple

And then okra and madea completely fukked her over as retaliation for "daring to defy them." They're dead wrong

This why I cannot front on Kevin Hart. I can't stand his unfunny ass but his business game in on fukking point. He played the background, watching and learning all the mistakes his peers made and how they were screwed, once he was the man he made sure the angles were covered. Which put him in position to have all these brand deals, sponsorships, etc.

The rest of the comedians mad about this bc "he's not as funny". But he watched and learned.

Anyways he was also wrong if he told her that he'll exec produce her projects and cosign her to get her back in the game but then abandoned her. But I do understand how his team would not want loose cannon Monique tied to him

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Kevin’s fatal mistake was making promises before he had all his T’s crossed and i’s dotted. One thing your supposed to know in Hollywood is NEVER make promises because the nature of the industry itself is so fickle. If Kevin would’ve said “I’ll try to make such and such happen” or “I’ll look into maybe us doing this or that” then he’s good. But he more than likely thought he had more juice at the time that he actually had and when reality hit he ghosted her out of guilt.

Lesson learned but at Monique’s expense, she has a right to feel salty but you can tell she didn’t go as hard at him as she did the others because of the kindness he showed her in giving her the money to help her out
How do you know Kevin didn't say exactly that?

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
90 percent of people commenting on nightcap and clubshayshay haven't watched more than 3 episodes but have all kinds shyt to say about how he run his odcast

All Shannon does is let people come on, be comfortable and say their piece.....and that is why he is getting conversations outta them they ain't giving no one else...

People Gon act like if not here Monique would have other prominent places to speak without being constantly interrupted by or sermonized to by the interviewers
Willie D interviewed katt after Shannon, and he str8 up asked him what was some weird and secret things that he’s seen in Hollywood over the years…katt completely ignored the question

But spilled the beans unprovoked with shannon

Maybe he has a strategy to make ppl comfortable enough to tell all, by idk MAKING THEM COMFORTABLE