Mo'Nique on Hollywood | CLUB SHAY SHAY

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well one thing I will say and this is the problem I have with one of these fool coli posters that I helped offline before... when somebody went out of their way to help you, you shouldn't throw dirt on their name.

She can say what she wants about Kev but he put his money where his mouth was and he put some money in her pocket when she needed it. She paid it back but still... that man helped her when she was down. Yeah he probably said he would help her and then either changed his mind or was convinced not to do it but that doesn't take away from what he did do.

She has no right to talk about that man. She does have a sense of entitlement. She was wronged, true. But everybody didn't wrong her.

With that being said, she's a woman speaking from a place of pain and hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, so there's that too.

She definitely has legitimate gripes with a lot of people. I don't believe Kev is one of those people.

Agreed. I already know that's what Kev did because if I was sitting on $400 million and I saw somebody I grew up watching broke, I would've wrote them a check too (in reason) and then I could see myself later on realizing I shouldn't be too attached. But, ultimately, Kev still helped her out like you said. He didn't have to give her a cent.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Agreed. I already know that's what Kev did because if I was sitting on $100 million and I saw somebody I grew up watching broke, I would've wrote them a check too (in reason) and then I could see myself later on realizing I shouldn't be too attached. But, ultimately, Kev still helped her out like you said. He didn't have to give her a cent.
But that’s not the issue, he know how she got fukked over

Why would you tell her, ima be there for you, but switch up

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All of that strong outspoken black woman shyt is code for “ I wanna be a bytch and I don’t want anyone to call me out on it”.
So it's the black version of "Because I'm white and I say so!"
She can say what she wants about Kev but he put his money where his mouth was and he put some money in her pocket when she needed it. She paid it back but still. Yeah he probably said he would help her and then either changed his mind or was convinced not to do it.

She has no right to talk about that man.

She's not lying though. There's nothing wrong with stating facts. He said one thing and did another. It doesn't matter how many things or how many things, grand things, great things a person has done before. Yesterday's price ain't today's price.

If you tell your boss or your constituents or wife or kids your going to do something then you don't do it, "oh well, what about when i did this....." Isn't a remedy and they are wrong for staring that.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But that’s not the issue, he know how she got fukked over

Why would you tell her, ima be there for you, but switch up

Because he sobered up and realized he didn't want to be too close to Monique.

That's why people gotta stop overpromising shyt. And that's just in general.

Dont promise something that you know in your heart you really don't want to do.

He still gave her money though.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Because he sobered up and realized he didn't want to be too close to Monique.

That's why people gotta stop overpromising shyt. And that's just in general.

Dont promise something that you know in your heart you really don't want to do.

He still gave her money though.
But she needed something to help sustain her family not just money for bills, and i understand if she got an issue on how he went about it

It’s highkey fake to act like that

Daps
I dont see anything in there where it says Oprah resolved the issue before Taraji went public. Taraji did make an ig post saying Oprah resolve the issues after she spoke out though.

Pretend as if there aren't extreme pay disparities for black men and even moreso for black women, "brehs".

That is systemic racism at play that keeps black people from being paid what their white counterparts are being paid. You would know this...... if you were black.
There are definitely pay differences. But this doesn’t count as “the system”. It’s the entertainment industry. It’s not a job people need, or just train to get into. Nobody is obligated to give you a role, or pay you a certain salary. Monique was not going to bring people to the box office, and was never a mainstream household name.
I swear y'all gotta be some of the most terrified nikkas on the planet :mjlol:

Anytime a black person does something remotely successful hear y'all nikkas come telling them to look out for the boogeyman aka white people :dead:
Do black people run Hollywood? What black people are fully financing their own films, other than Tyler Perry? So no. You can’t go running your mouth, and saying whatever you want to say. Are black ticket sales enough to make a blockbuster film? No. Not every black person is going to want to pay to see every black film, or be interested in every black film, or every film with a black lead.

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
@EzekelRAGE is doing the lords work in this thread. People keep misconstruing situations, he bring out receipts, and you all continue responding in bad faith.

Thread is full of a bunch of scary ass black people who’d eat shyt if their bosses pushed them hard enough. “well well why is she speaking up about the mistreatment she suffered, has proof of, and was wrongfully blacklisted (till this day) for. No one’s gonna hire her :sadcam:. Messy and problematic. “

This is the only place where I’ve seen that embarrassing ass narrative. wanna say I’m shocked but…. Everyone else has rightfully clocked that the same shyt Monique spoke about, Gabrielle Union spoke about years later, Taraji been crying about years later, Viola, etc. Monique has been vindicated. That woman’s story has been consistent as
fukk for years. So many black actresses are speaking up about the abysmal pay and unacceptable treatment they’re getting, extremely bluntly, and getting support for it when Monique was hung out to dry. AND YET, SHE’S NOT EVEN MAD. She’s just reiterating - “this is what I trying to tell y’all. I was fighting for US”

The pushback to what she’s saying is insane because it proves her point. Even the mild things that she says, in the most respectful manner, becomes an issues cause she’s fat, black and outspoken.

I’ve been watching Monique for a long, long time. From her show, to her standup, hosting awards, her “skinny women are evil” brand and even her talk shows. You did not hear ANY bullshyt about that lady until around the “Precious” drama.

Black people, when will you learn that there is NO way you can act, there is nothing you can say, there is no “right” way for you to say something that cannot be misconstrued as aggressive or negative when you are BLACK. So you might as well always advocate for yourself and demand what you deserve. The mere act of you doing that as a nikka is radical enough to make people lose their shyt. If you’ve worked in a corporate environment having to tiptoe around office politics and behaviors, you especially know this to be true.

Respectability politics will never save you.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Agreed. I already know that's what Kev did because if I was sitting on $400 million and I saw somebody I grew up watching broke, I would've wrote them a check too (in reason) and then I could see myself later on realizing I shouldn't be too attached. But, ultimately, Kev still helped her out like you said. He didn't have to give her a cent.
That's some real foul shyt imo. That's some stab in the back shyt forreal. That nikka Kev didn't have to do what he did. Y'all talked and did an open interview to air your grievances and hash shyt out and you turn around and shyt on me again? Man GTFO of my face.

She's a clown. Can't always be everyone else

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
the thing that gave me pause on Monique and her grievances is that she chose to out DL's daughter. Considering she went through the SAME THING, that shows how black her fukking heart is. I can't take anything coming out of her mouth seriously after that.
That shyt is beyond foul. Some shyt you never forgive. DL already has to live with that mistake for the rest of his life. But for her to use that shyt as some ammo for her agendas, especially a dude you know and was a friend to at one point. Nah man.

fukk you forever

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
@EzekelRAGE is doing the lords work in this thread. People keep misconstruing situations, he bring out receipts, and you all continue responding in bad faith.

Thread is full of a bunch of scary ass black people who’d eat shyt if their bosses pushed them hard enough. “well well why is she speaking up about the mistreatment she suffered, has proof of, and was wrongfully blacklisted (till this day) for. No one’s gonna hire her :sadcam:. Messy and problematic. “

This is the only place where I’ve seen that embarrassing ass narrative. wanna say I’m shocked but…. Everyone else has rightfully clocked that the same shyt Monique spoke about, Gabrielle Union spoke about years later, Taraji been crying about years later, Viola, etc. Monique has been vindicated. That woman’s story has been consistent as
fukk for years. So many black actresses are speaking up about the abysmal pay and unacceptable treatment they’re getting, extremely bluntly, and getting support for it when Monique was hung out to dry. AND YET, SHE’S NOT EVEN MAD. She’s just reiterating - “this is what I trying to tell y’all. I was fighting for US”

The pushback to what she’s saying is insane because it proves her point. Even the mild things that she says, in the most respectful manner, becomes an issues cause she’s fat, black and outspoken.

I’ve been watching Monique for a long, long time. From her show, to her standup, hosting awards, her “skinny women are evil” brand and even her talk shows. You did not hear ANY bullshyt about that lady until around the “Precious” drama.

Black people, when will you learn that there is NO way you can act, there is nothing you can say, there is no “right” way for you to say something that cannot be misconstrued as aggressive or negative when you are BLACK. So you might as well always advocate for yourself and demand what you deserve. The mere act of you doing that as a nikka is radical enough to make people lose their shyt. If you’ve worked in a corporate environment having to tiptoe around office politics and behaviors, you especially know this to be true.

Respectability politics will never save you.
She's 100% right in the way that black actresses, hell people, are treated in Hollywood. But again, Hollywood is not a merit based industry. Merit is part of it but it's more relationships than anything. You are what you negotiate. Kev is where he's at due to knowing how to network, negotiate,and work like a madman.

Networking and experience >>>>>> accolades

You don't have to suck a mufukkaz dikk but don't burn bridges either. And be realistic until you are in a position to call the shots on what you want.

Oprah been shady and it's been out for years so whatever with her. Tyler is the only one who doesn't need Hollywood tondo what he does. Yeah that nikka will shoot a whole season of a show in two weeks but he got his machine rolling. He ain't paying big bucks by Hollywood standards either but he clearly looks out for nikkaz and puta his money where his mouth is. (Not a big fan of Dem terribly written shows and movies tho).

I'd really like to know what he said to her and she has evidence of.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
So does anyone get paid to promote films on the festival or awards circuit?

Bc it's sounding like lions gate or whoever was offering to give her an extended vacation as a form of payment.

Ironically enough, Kevin Hart DOES get paid to promote his films on social media and he was the first one to make that a stipulation in his contracts. The leaked Sony emails from 2015 show the execs complaining about having to pay him.

Before that no actor got paid to promote their films at all. Its still rare for actors to get paid to promote via festivals and awards circuits specifically but what happens is either its part of an actors contract and therefore “baked into” their overall compensation or if its a major studio they’ll pay for actors travel/ nice hotels/five star food/etc.

Precious was an independent film, so Lee Daniels obviously didn’t have the money to pay Monique to promote at a time when that wasn’t even an industry practice, Monique seems to her credit, seems to understand that and was wanting Oprah and/or Tyler to pay her because obviously they had the money. Now if I’m Tyler Perry in this situation, and i’ve got a woman whose about to win an Oscar starring in my produced film that only made $50K, i would’ve called Oprah and said “lets go 50/50 and get her $200K plus travel to go promote for 2-3 weeks”. That in my mind would’ve been good business. But lets say that I took a hard stance and didn’t want to pay her or whatever, I still wouldn’t move to blackball her, thats wicked shyt to do somebody’s career. And Oprah did some EVIL shyt by having her family come on that show to discuss HER molestation. Like seriously Oprah should burn in the pits of Hell for that.

Monique won the Oscar in March of 2010, Oprah had her family on TV screens across America talking about her being RAPED as a kid the very next month. Evil.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Ironically enough, Kevin Hart DOES get paid to promote his films on social media and he was the first one to make that a stipulation in his contracts. The leaked Sony emails from 2015 show the execs complaining about having to pay him.

Before that no actor got paid to promote their films at all. Its still rare for actors to get paid to promote via festivals and awards circuits specifically but what happens is either its part of an actors contract and therefore “baked into” their overall compensation or if its a major studio they’ll pay for actors travel/ nice hotels/five star food/etc.

Precious was an independent film, so Lee Daniels obviously didn’t have the money to pay Monique to promote at a time when that wasn’t even an industry practice, Monique seems to her credit, seems to understand that and was wanting Oprah and/or Tyler to pay her because obviously they had the money. Now if I’m Tyler Perry in this situation, and i’ve got a woman whose about to win an Oscar starring in my produced film that only made $50K, i would’ve called Oprah and said “lets go 50/50 and get her $200K plus travel to go promote for 2-3 weeks”. That in my mind would’ve been good business. But lets say that I took a hard stance and didn’t want to pay her or whatever, I still wouldn’t move to blackball her, thats wicked shyt to do somebody’s career. And Oprah did some EVIL shyt by having her family come on that show to discuss HER molestation. Like seriously Oprah should burn in the pits of Hell for that.

Monique won the Oscar in March of 2010, Oprah had her family on TV screens across America talking about her being RAPED as a kid the very next month. Evil.
Oprah been shady.