Mo'Nique on Hollywood | CLUB SHAY SHAY

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Allegedly, Tyler Perry lied about her being difficult to sabotage her career and she has proof. She allegedly got fukked out of millions in the process. No one had her back. She’s mad.

Oddly enough, Donald Glover, who people seem to think hates black women, had her back and worked with her when she was still being actively black balled.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I believe Mo 1000%. Kevin gave her money because he felt bad for her and like all of us watched Monique on TV growing up. Then he said "whatever else you want to do, I'm down to executive produce, I got you". We all have had people say shyt like that to us. That they gonna look out. They just saying sh*t to say sh*t, to make themselves feel better in the moment, but you know they really don't want you to call them for that favor. So when Monique actually put something in motion, them cac lawyers, agents and handlers probably got in Kevin's ear and told him she was radioactive and he needed to fall back. Writing a check is alot easier than being associated with someone :francis:

Kevin’s fatal mistake was making promises before he had all his T’s crossed and i’s dotted. One thing your supposed to know in Hollywood is NEVER make promises because the nature of the industry itself is so fickle. If Kevin would’ve said “I’ll try to make such and such happen” or “I’ll look into maybe us doing this or that” then he’s good. But he more than likely thought he had more juice at the time that he actually had and when reality hit he ghosted her out of guilt.

Lesson learned but at Monique’s expense, she has a right to feel salty but you can tell she didn’t go as hard at him as she did the others because of the kindness he showed her in giving her the money to help her out

Last edited:

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Monique co-signing everything Katt Williams said is some legendary shyt….

Tyler Perry, Oprah, & Kevin Hart basically the gatekeepers in black Hollywood and if they don’t fw you ain’t no moves being made smh…

also Shannon did a excellent job this episode, he was a little more engaging in the conversation and it was very much needed cuzz the masses will try to discredit Mo on that Tyler Perry phone conversation..

Yup, and like clockwork, I've seen people discrediting it because "both are bitter". How about both aren't afraid to say what's been speculated and or said before. Why are the people not towing the line the bitter ones? Like come on

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She's 100% right in the way that black actresses, hell people, are treated in Hollywood. But again, Hollywood is not a merit based industry. Merit is part of it but it's more relationships than anything. You are what you negotiate. Kev is where he's at due to knowing how to network, negotiate,and work like a madman.

Networking and experience >>>>>> accolades

You don't have to suck a mufukkaz dikk but don't burn bridges either. And be realistic until you are in a position to call the shots on what you want.

Oprah been shady and it's been out for years so whatever with her. Tyler is the only one who doesn't need Hollywood tondo what he does. Yeah that nikka will shoot a whole season of a show in two weeks but he got his machine rolling. He ain't paying big bucks by Hollywood standards either but he clearly looks out for nikkaz and puta his money where his mouth is. (Not a big fan of Dem terribly written shows and movies tho).

I'd really like to know what he said to her and she has evidence of.

Facts

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
She's 100% right in the way that black actresses, hell people, are treated in Hollywood. But again, Hollywood is not a merit based industry. Merit is part of it but it's more relationships than anything. You are what you negotiate. Kev is where he's at due to knowing how to network, negotiate,and work like a madman.

Networking and experience >>>>>> accolades

You don't have to suck a mufukkaz dikk but don't burn bridges either. And be realistic until you are in a position to call the shots on what you want.

Oprah been shady and it's been out for years so whatever with her. Tyler is the only one who doesn't need Hollywood tondo what he does. Yeah that nikka will shoot a whole season of a show in two weeks but he got his machine rolling. He ain't paying big bucks by Hollywood standards either but he clearly looks out for nikkaz and puta his money where his mouth is. (Not a big fan of Dem terribly written shows and movies tho).

I'd really like to know what he said to her and she has evidence of.

:usure:

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
I like Sharpe, was up on Unc & Ocho early, and generally enjoy his content, but he has clearly taken a turn.

Everything he did before was fair,honest and positive. But by bringing gilbert arenas into the fold for sports, and now bringing in Monique to piggyback on Katt's show, he's embracing negativity for views, likes, and subs He's going to turn away the old fans.
Def 100% on nightcap..stopped watching as much after he put Gilbert on. I was a fan of him as a player. But as a media personality he is extremely annoying .i fukk with Ocho heavy , but the fact he put that annoying dude (Gilbert) on do show he using negativity for views.

Last edited:

King Poetic

ShoTime
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
In all seriousness

I have to give monique credit on the melissa mccarthy comparison of both being fat , but melissa getting more opportunities…

However, monique and taraji needed to look at their management team and agents that fukked up their pockets..

From Monique stand point she could have easily just stayed doing stand up getting good checks instead of waiting on Hollywood

And Taraji been in the game 20 plus years , she could have easily got into producing/directing,etc because she seen how shyt works..

Black women got mad at Vivica when she said :yeshrug: im good im not complaining,, that means vivica happy with her team

Regina King is another one.. been in the game over 40 years and she got into directing and producing ..

Is there pay discrimination in Hollywood?? Yes …and it’s been going on for decades,, but u have to look at your circle and then make other moves in that dirty industry

U just can’t sit there and always complain about others pockets and the way they move, worry about yourself

Daps
Yup, and like clockwork, I've seen people discrediting it because "both are bitter". How about both aren't afraid to say what's been speculated and or said before. Why are the people not towing the line the bitter ones? Like come on

Meh, there’s definitely some bitterness there, especially on Monique’s end.

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
For those going at Shannon he also has a lot of guest on with nothing but positive convo, no one cares. The normal interviews outweigh these like 98 to 2.
Facts tho. Yeah to be fair he from the jump had been interviewing all the top comedians. Earthquake, I think Bruce Bruce, Ced already. Harvey..Ain’t bring up no beefs..can’t interview comedians and not bring on a top 5 comedian alive in Katt..There’s no reason to reject an interview with Monique. She still has a name and is a comedian funny or not. He didn’t interview Tyler Perry yet but I’m sure he had plans too. Hasn’t with Kevin Hart either. But I’m absolutely sure he wants him to come on his platform. So that wouldn’t be messy unless he didn’t want them on the show Until someone mentioned they names . That’s not the case. Dude ginuinely loves comedy.

Last edited:

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
That shyt is beyond foul. Some shyt you never forgive. DL already has to live with that mistake for the rest of his life. But for her to use that shyt as some ammo for her agendas, especially a dude you know and was a friend to at one point. Nah man.

fukk you forever
He’s the one that put it out and said that he let it happen

She’s using that as an example on how he’s a fukk nikka

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Nothing wrong with letting your guest speak their peace but I notice Shannon speaks in agreement during these interviews. This is gonna have alot of people stop fukking with him. You have to be neutral with your guests when they talking like this.

Monique pulled out receipts. I mean in THIS particular instance he kinda had to agree with what she was saying because she’s got evidence for all this stuff

How are you going to remain neutral when somebody says “ I have TAPED recordings of a person saying they lied and intentionally blackballed me” and then you hear the tapes

How are you going to remain neutral when somebody says “This woman put my entire family on her talk show to talk about nothing else but how they all allowed my brother to RAPE ME when I was a child” and you can google the interview

How are you going to remain neutral when the woman says “Will Packer put us in dangerous conditions on the set of his movie to the point where the trailers BLEW UP” and then she shows you this

Last edited:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I believe Mo 1000%. Kevin gave her money because he felt bad for her and like all of us watched Monique on TV growing up. Then he said "whatever else you want to do, I'm down to executive produce, I got you". We all have had people say shyt like that to us. That they gonna look out. They just saying sh*t to say sh*t, to make themselves feel better in the moment, but you know they really don't want you to call them for that favor. So when Monique actually put something in motion, them cac lawyers, agents and handlers probably got in Kevin's ear and told him she was radioactive and he needed to fall back. Writing a check is alot easier than being associated with someone :francis:
yup
my thoughts exactly