Mo'Nique on Hollywood | CLUB SHAY SHAY

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Would you want to hire someone who runs their mouth, and is putting you on blast?
Yes, because I dont mind people holding me accountable for fukkshyt I do if I dont resolve it.

Yes. They both are for the simple fact that they brought all this to the public. Oprah handled things behind the scenes.
How did Oprah handle things behind the scenes? They brought it to the public, because the issues werent resolved.
Monique said Oprah agreed with her privately but spoke out against her publicly, so that wasnt resolved either.
Taraji's issues with Oprah werent resolved til Oprah was pressured to do so because of Taraji going public.

Shannon didn't have to throw that shot at Tiffany Haddish. Yikes.
Yep, Monique had already broke it down enough.

Last edited:
Daps
Yes, because I dont mind people holding me accountable for fukkshyt I do if I dont resolve it.

How did Oprah handle things behind the scenes? They brought it to the public, because the issues werent resolved.
Monique said Oprah agreed with her privately but spoke out against her publicly, so that wasnt resolved either.
Taraji's issues with Oprah werent resolved til Oprah was pressured to do so because of Taraji going public.

Yo, Monique had already broke it down enough.

Monique is not that special. She can easily be replaced. She was never a household name, and only had one breakout role. She won her Oscar. That doesn’t mean people were going to be casting her left and right.

Taraji was talking about how much she got paid, which I’m sure she knew before she signed the contract. She mentioned not getting a car to set, and production told Oprah if she gets a car, everyone else would have to get cars. Oprah volunteered to pay for the cars. Oprah is not production. It was on them to arrange those things, and it was on Taraji and her team to add what she wanted in the contract. The film had a budget. Producers aren’t directly paying actors out their pockets.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You are deflecting here. You posed a question, and that member answered it with a fellow comedian saying it. Likely saying it today.
. And in the clip, Hughley directly mentions that they've worked together before.

But, to give another answer , producer/director Will Packer had issues with Monique before....and she's likely burned bridges with him.
I just want to see how far you're willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.
That doesn't change anything. This is the coli running with the great underdog story. She will be their hero until they are ready to tear her down.

Ultimately from the last time, the thing that gave me pause on Monique and her grievances is that she chose to out DL's daughter. Considering she went through the SAME THING, that shows how black her fukking heart is. I can't take anything coming out of her mouth seriously after that.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Monique is not that special. She can easily be replaced. She was never a household name, and only had one breakout role. She won her Oscar. That doesn’t mean people were going to be casting her left and right.
Deflection. I didnt say Monique was special. I asked a simple question and instead of answering it you attack monique instead.
How did Oprah handle things behind the scenes?
Oprah and Monique's issue is deeper than casting and stuff. She doesnt haven any issue with her pay for precious and seems to understand why Lee chose Oprah over her for the butler.

Taraji was talking about how much she got paid, which I’m sure she knew before she signed the contract. She mentioned not getting a car to set, and production told Oprah if she gets a car, everyone else would have to get cars. Oprah volunteered to pay for the cars. Oprah is not production. It was on them to arrange those things, and it was on Taraji and her team to add what she wanted in the contract. The film had a budget. Producers aren’t directly paying actors out their pockets.
I dont see anything in there where it says Oprah resolved the issue before Taraji went public. Taraji did make an ig post saying Oprah resolve the issues after she spoke out though.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Deflection. I didnt say Monique was special. I asked a simple question and instead of answering it you attack monique instead.

Oprah and Monique's issue is deeper than casting and stuff. She doesnt haven any issue with her pay for precious and seems to understand why Lee chose Oprah over her for the butler.

I dont see anything in there where it says Oprah resolved the issue before Taraji went public. Taraji did make an ig post saying Oprah resolve the issues after she spoke out though.

This nikka got his best skirt hiked up. Ya’ll done made sista breh mad.

Lol

Grown ass man in here breaking down this shyt like its a science

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Monique like taraji is delusional about their star power. Her Netflix special was a flop.
That i agree with. It seems like some of them just dont like the negotiating aspect and just want the studios to just pay "their worth".
For the most part your worth what you negotiate.

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
Like the negativity won't exist on the innanets anyway.

Least these niccas ain't running to DJ Vlad :hubie:
She had an interview already in the bag with him, recorded filmed and ready to release and then her husband came through and attempted to change the conditions and him and his camp was like “naw we good”. Then ate all of the losses behind it.

Now I know that folks here hate Vlad so if she touched on this topic I would watch just for that but if this isn’t even discussed then I’m wondering if it was Shay and his team not doing their homework or was it just blatantly skipped over.