Mom suing U.S. government for $60 million after toddler dies following immigration detainment

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Breh :gucci:

so if it ain’t your fault then who’s is it?:dahell:
I'll put it like this, it's partially my fault in that scenario for leaving my child in anybody else's custody. In your scenario, you do think the parent should be 100% clear of blame? Because it can't just be "well the government is evil" you played a part in putting them in govt care. And they (federal lawyers) are going to play on that. Now how do you think the government will interpret the law? At what point do you take personal responsibility as the parent for having your child present during a highspeed chase?

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I'll put it like this, it's partially my fault in that scenario for leaving my child in anybody else's custody. In your scenario, you do think the parent should be 100% clear of blame? Because it can't just be "well the government is evil" you played a part in putting them in govt care. And they (federal lawyers) are going to play on that. Now how do you think the government will interpret the law? At what point do you take personal responsibility as the parent for having your child present during a highspeed chase?

People leave there child in someone else custody all the time, school, day care. It’s not your fault if something happens to them there.

Best to agree to disagree :handshake:

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
Thats what happens when you bring BABIES to the border crossing with a buncha sick people

Tired of this ignorant shyt. These people feel entitled to too much. Feel you can just up and leave and demand to go where you want lmao.

bytch didnt even get in yet and she suing. fukk outta here.

Sue where ya from for making you leave. Try that bullshyt there. See if YOU surivive

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
give her every penny of the 60 million

but going forward, you would have to explain to me why the fukk we should let in one more mother and child if we're on the hook for that if something happens :yeshrug: what do they bring to the table that in any way shape or form justifies a payout that would revolutionize an entire school district

i dont think she should get zero either, maybe 50 grand or something

Huh??:dwillhuh:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
If this story becomes mainstream...right or wrong, there's going to be a ton of blow back against supporting illegal immigrants...

Because it looks as if she's taking advantage of our litigus legal system where you can sue for anything including the sky and possibly get it I mean 60 mil? I get i, it's your child...but....I guarantee you if this happened in Tijuana she wouldn't even ask for 60 million pesos :sas2:

That being said, if the child did contract the infection while in ICE's custody...then they may be entitled to some sort of financial compensation. BUT that'll be tough to prove. The mom is probably expecting settlement.

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
If this story becomes mainstream...right or wrong, there's going to be a ton of blow back against supporting illegal immigrants...

Because it looks as if she's taking advantage of our litigus legal system where you can sue for anything including the sky and possibly get it I mean 60 mil? I get i, it's your child...but....I guarantee you if this happened in Tijuana she wouldn't even ask for 60 million pesos :sas2:

That being said, if the child did contract the infection while in ICE's custody...then they may be entitled to some sort of financial compensation. BUT that'll be tough to prove. The mom is probably expecting settlement.
with all due disrespect... shut the fukk up

Umoja

Veteran
Daps

You're arguing from a place of ignorance. You do realise that fault doesn't have to be 100% right?

I loathe people like you. Too thick and scared to expect accountability from your government.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
You're arguing from a place of ignorance. You do realise that fault doesn't have to be 100% right?

I loathe people like you. Too thick and scared to expect accountability from your government.
You're arguing off pure emotion. If she was here illegally then alot of it is her fault. Its that simple. Im telling you how they'll interpret THEIR OWN LAWS. im not saying i like it. Like i said, if they cutting her a check then Sandra Bland's family deserves a check too.

People need to stop coming here when they telling you not to. Alot of yall emotional reactions would be different if they hopped a fence into North Korea and caught a illness while detained there.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
They'll probably interpret it the very same way that they do whenever citizens are in custody of law enforcement; they're deemed responsible for their treating any medical conditions that they have. People who are incarcerated sue their respective states for medical neglect all the time. I' not saying it's right, but that's probably the precendent that will get her paid.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
There totally at fault and she will get some money out of this.

Once the child was detained the facility is 100% responsible of the well being of the child, if they didn’t have medical staff to help the child they should have took the child to the ER.

But no, I could imagine the facility not CARING at all and doing the MINIMUM.

Edit: ICE reports they do have medical staff, so they failed to send the child out to the hospital:snoop:

They not even doing government checks on government employees

Last edited: