Mom suing U.S. government for $60 million after toddler dies following immigration detainment

AsTheWorldBurns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
State to the Lake
Adorable baby. :mjcry:

That said, this country kills Blacks like it ain't shyt. Why are you coming here unless you want white status?

That's your first world privlage showing. As bad as America is, there are other countries that are 1000000x worse.

That's like asking Blacks in the 1920's why would they move up north when white ppl up there are still racist.

It's because it's still a better life than what you're use to.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
simple solution, don't let her ass in :yeshrug: wouldn't have happened. you cool with that?

That isn't a solution to the problem. The fact of the matter is they let them in and detained them which establishes a duty of care. Breach of that duty related in the toddler's death which they should be expected to compensate.

You want to open up a discussion on preventing this going forward, be my guest. You want to talk about how this situation should be handled, take your words and fukk them.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and how is that a toddler's fault?

your inner cac monster is showing.
who said it was her fault? i said her mother doesnt deserve 60 million dollars for it. i don't get robbed by uncle sam every two weeks for that bullshyt

you're welcome to set up a private fund and donate it to her. i would have no comment as to that money :ehh:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
That's your first world privlage showing. As bad as America is, there are other countries that are 1000000x worse.

That's like asking Blacks in the 1920's why would they move up north when white ppl up there are still racist.

It's because it's still a better life than what you're use to.
So she is here, in 10 years she's gonna have a much better life than most of this site and you think she's gonna be like, I love Blacka people. She won't give a fukk about us. I just seen too many of them move with hate and even shoot young Blacks to have sympathy for them.

I've had relatives killed here and one brutally beat here in the detention. Did America give us a cent? Nope, nothing. She's here for white status. Because if you Black, that's seen as the cost of doing business in America. For them, they can get representation without being deported. shytttttt. You just don't get it. They don't do this for us.

Her white status has made this a story. You don't realize the shyt Black folks go through in this country. You have no damn clue. Them white and Hispanic folks hate Caribbean and Africans. Even some of the Black ones do to on some c00n shyt. You just don't know. They will beat you, try to kill you, just because you are in court with the US government fighting to stay here as a citizen. They don't give a shyt if you got kids. None whatsoever. There is a reason why you hear about this story but you never hear about a Black one.

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
19 month old committing a crime?:mindblown:

A Defendant Shows Up in Immigration Court by Himself. He’s 6. — ProPublica

The bullshyt they're orchestrating:francis:

A Defendant Shows Up in Immigration Court by Himself. He’s 6.
Wilder Hilario Maldonado Cabrera was the youngest defendant on the juvenile docket that day, and he was one of the last children left in government custody who had been affected by the zero-tolerance policy.
by Eva Ruth Moravec, special to ProPublica, and Ginger Thompson, ProPublica

Nov. 27, 4:45 p.m. EST
The Trump Administration
The 45th President and His Administration

Zero Tolerance
Trump’s Immigration Policy at the Border

It was shortly before Thanksgiving in an immigration court in San Antonio, and the third defendant to come before Judge Anibal Martinez walked into the courtroom without an attorney, wearing a gray winter hat that was stitched with a pair of blue googly eyes and a floppy red yarn mohawk.

When the bailiff asked his name, he piped up proudly: Wilder Hilario Maldonado Cabrera.

“How old is Wilder?” the immigration judge asked.

An attorney, who was there with other clients, came forward and volunteered to stand in for Wilder. She turned to the boy and in Spanish asked his age.

“Seis años,” he said, 6, his legs dangling from a chair at the defendant’s table.

Wilder, a smiley, pudgy Salvadoran boy, missing his two front teeth, was the youngest defendant on the juvenile docket that day. But that wasn’t all that made him special. He was one of the last children left in government custody who had been affected by the administration’s widely criticized zero-tolerance policy, and who were still awaiting reunification with parents detained in the United States.

The policy, which was announced with great fanfare in April and was scuttled two months later in the face of bipartisan opposition, required immigration authorities to file criminal charges against anyone caught crossing the border illegally and separate them from the children they brought with them.

Over 2,600 immigrant children — including more than 100 who were under the age of 5 — were separated from their parents before a federal judge ordered the administration to end the policy and reunite the families affected. Most have been reunited with parents or other relatives. Around 120 children remain in federal custody because their parents had already been deported. Some 30 cases involve children whose parents have criminal histories. As immigration authorities and advocates scrambled to put the broken families back together, courtrooms like Martinez’s often felt more like family court.

On the day that Wilder appeared, the courtroom was full of minors, most of them teenagers who had not been separated from parents at the border but had migrated to the United States on their own. The boys, wearing pressed slacks and button-down shirts, sat in the back. And there were three very pregnant girls, one of them complaining of pain, in the front.

“I hear we have a child with medical issues?” Martinez said, peering down at her from his dais. “If she’s not comfortable or if she needs to step outside at all, that’s fine.”

One of the first children to be summoned before Martinez was an 11-year-old Guatemalan girl, wearing a flowered dress with her hair tied in a ponytail high on her head.

She sat in a black leather chair and barely said a word, as her attorney, Monica Cueva Kretzschmar, explained that she had admitted to illegally crossing the border and wanted to be sent home to Guatemala to her parents (hers was not a family separation case). The judge asked whether the girl had made the decision of her own free will. She had, the lawyer said. Did her return pose any risks of harm or danger, he asked? The lawyer said no.

Then the judge looked at the girl. “I understand you want to return to your parents in Guatemala,” he said. She nodded back. “I just granted that request. I wish you all the best.”

The girl got up from her seat, grinning and waving a thumbs-up at the attorneys in the audience.

Then it was Wilder’s turn.

The judge asked about the boy’s father. Was he still detained?

The prosecutor said he didn’t know.

He was, in fact, still in federal custody at an immigration detention facility less than an hour’s drive away from the court. The boy and his father had been separated on June 6, after they illegally crossed the border and asked for asylum. Wilder was placed into temporary foster care. His father, Hilario Maldonado, was sent to detention. They’d only sporadically been able to speak on the telephone ever since.

Authorities had determined soon after Maldonado entered the country that he did not qualify for asylum, but they refused to reunite him with his son while that decision was appealed because Maldonado, who lived in the United States more than a decade ago, had an old warrant for a DUI in Florida. It’s a charge that would almost never result in a loss of parental custody in a non-immigration context, but immigration lawyers say they have seen immigration authorities use such minor, nonviolent criminal records to justify separating immigrant parents from their children at the border. Government officials say that while a federal court ordered them to stop separating children under zero tolerance, it exempted cases involving parents who posed security risks to their child.

Meanwhile, Wilder’s mother, Maria Elida Cabrera, was still back in El Salvador, struggling for the first time to feed Wilder’s three siblings on her own. She said by phone that Maldonado was the family breadwinner, and since his detention she and her children were surviving with help from immigrant advocacy groups in the United States who’d heard about Wilder’s case.

None of them knew when and if they’d be together again — least of all little Wilder. Born in a remote mountain village at the northern edge of El Salvador, he barely knew what to make of the metal detector at the courthouse, much less why he was in court in the first place.

Before entering the courtroom, the bailiff had to gently nudge the boy through the machine, because he froze in fright at the blinking lights on its side. “No seas nervioso,” she told him, don’t be nervous.

The attorney helped Wilder put on his headphones, so he could hear the court translator, as if language was the only barrier to his ability to follow the whirlwind proceedings.

Then she asked the judge to set aside any decisions about the boy’s asylum claim until Wilder’s lawyer could arrange to be in court with him. The judge agreed.

“Wilder, I wish you well,” he said, sending the boy off to uncertainty. “We’ll see you soon.”

Wilder, a huge Spider-Man fan, waved at the judge, then pretended he was shooting spiderwebs from his wrists. On his way out, he waved to the friendly bailiff and said, “Bye policía.”

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
who said it was her fault? i said her mother doesnt deserve 60 million dollars for it. i don't get robbed by uncle sam every two weeks for that bullshyt

you're welcome to set up a private fund and donate it to her. i would have no comment as to that money :ehh:
and no one asked her to come here. she shouldn't get a fukking penny from us

60 million dollars :mjlol:

Don't be shy now. It's not outrageous to say she doesn't deserve 60 million but you didn't stop there.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Fail to understand how the chain of causation works brehs.

They detained them establishing a duty of care. They were negligent. Their negligence caused her death. Ergo they should have to pay money in compensation.

I would argue that some of the damages should be punitive. You know, to stop them from doing this shyt again.

I'm not even debating right or wrong on an emotional level, but yall acting like the federal government won't interpret shyt how they want to. This is a an easy dodge for them on many levels. They will also say that the medical staff at the ICE place didn't record any illnesses when they were released.
Let’s say your in a speed chase and your child is present. You get arrested, the child is detained. The child gets a respiratory infection and instead of sending the child for emergency help they instead wait until u come out and let u figure it out.

Is it your fault?
No, it's not my fault, now how will Federal prosecutors interpret the law? They will argue that child would have never been in their custody if I never broke the law. We know how this will work. And they will make sure not to pay to set a precedent.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That isn't a solution to the problem. The fact of the matter is they let them in and detained them which establishes a duty of care. Breach of that duty related in the toddler's death which they should be expected to compensate.

You want to open up a discussion on preventing this going forward, be my guest. You want to talk about how this situation should be handled, take your words and fukk them.
i think it's sad what happened. id rather that 60 million go to people who are already here. not really sure why that's a controversial thing to say

i already stated my solution, i dont give a fukk if we let people in at the border or not :yeshrug: could have prevented this

ImmaGetJoeClarkArrested

The Goshfather
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles So Wut U Wanna Do??
someone who should tighten up his priorities :ehh:
What's the point of being a devil if u don't benefit from it....u choose to come into a black space and participate in conversations that u think u have a grasp on but are incapable of seeing things from the perspective of the very people that u so obviously wish u were....ur opinions and points of view come from the embodiment of ur genetic devilish makeup and are easily recognizable the more u comment...I don't block people on any form of communication but to look at some of ur comments is unbearable...to keep my sanity I will not be typing to u....but I will suggest that u find more of ur own kind to communicate with cuz this ain't it:camby:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's the point of being a devil if u don't benefit from it....u choose to come into a black space and participate in conversations that u think u have a grasp on but are incapable of seeing things from the perspective of the very people that u so obviously wish u were....ur opinions and points of view come from the embodiment of ur genetic devilish makeup and are easily recognizable the more u comment...I don't block people on any form of communication but to look at some of ur comments is unbearable...to keep my sanity I will not be typing to u....but I will suggest that u find more of ur own kind to communicate with cuz this ain't it:camby:
what the fukk does this story have to do with black people? :dwillhuh:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I'm not even debating right or wrong on an emotional level, but yall acting like the federal government won't interpret shyt how they want to. This is a an easy dodge for them on many levels. They will also say that the medical staff at the ICE place didn't record any illnesses when they were released.

No, it's not my fault, now how will Federal prosecutors interpret the law? They will argue that child would have never been in their custody if I never broke the law. We know how this will work. And they will make sure not to pay to set a precedent.

Breh :gucci:

so if it ain’t your fault then who’s is it?:dahell: