Molly's Game Trailer Starring Idris Elba

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I just saw this. I like Sorkin, but this was :manny:

Idris and Costner were very good in this. Chastain was looking very good in those poker games :shaq:

Also the real Molly Bloom ain’t bad either
blmjs.jpg

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

hazardous

All Star
Daps
I thought this movie was pretty boring. Biggest problems were it was overlong, and Chastain's character was so b*tchy throughout

The highlights were
Costner's scene with Molly at the end on the bench, the Russian mobster, and Idris Elba's speech near the end

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Rev

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Saw this on Netflix last night. Goddamn, Aaron Sorkin be writing THE FUKK out of his movies.
:ohlawd:

Jessica and Idris did a great job delivering too. Her cleavage was lookin right in most of those outfits.
:banderas:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
It started off interesting but within like 40 to 50 minutes in, that shyt got old quick

I don’t like the pace of it

Jessica looked great

But the over the top dialogue was annoying

Then the end was just like a “what the fukk moment” after all of that

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It started off interesting but within like 40 to 50 minutes in, that shyt got old quick

I don’t like the pace of it

Jessica looked great

But the over the top dialogue was annoying

Then the end was just like a “what the fukk moment” after all of that

I watched the movie again last night. Prob my 3rd time. It’s a good movie I like it. 7.5-8/10… but you’re spot on about the dialogue. That’s what literally stood out for me.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
I watched the movie again last night. Prob my 3rd time. It’s a good movie I like it. 7.5-8/10… but you’re spot on about the dialogue. That’s what literally stood out for me.

Yeah, I thought Jessica and Idris did a great job with the acting, the acting was great. Kevin Costner did a great job too.

it's just the over the top dialogue and then the whole fast back and forth question and answer with her and Idris got annoying, like before one of them could finish a sentence, the other would start talking over and it just went on and on one too many times during a few of their scenes

a scene like that works when it's leading up to the like the climax of the story, but for it to be just sorta sprinkled randomly in there scenes before there was even a real climax and with no real climax ever to follow behind that, just left the scenes feeling like sorta flat and dull.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I thought Jessica and Idris did a great job with the acting, the acting was great. Kevin Costner did a great job too.

it's just the over the top dialogue and then the whole fast back and forth question and answer with her and Idris got annoying, like before one of them could finish a sentence, the other would start talking over and it just went on and on one too many times during a few of their scenes

a scene like that works when it's leading up to the like the climax of the story, but for it to be just sorta sprinkled randomly in there scenes before there was even a real climax and with no real climax ever to follow behind that, just left the scenes feeling like sorta flat and dull.
I have you seen Aaron Sorkin other works before that his Director/Writer Trope:pachaha:
Sorkin is recognized for his trademark fast-paced dialogue and extended monologues, complemented by frequent use of the storytelling technique called the "walk and talk".

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
I have you seen Aaron Sorkin other works before that his Director/Writer Trope:pachaha:

I just did a quick glance through his filmography, nah, I've never watched any of his other movies

of course I've heard of Social Network and Moneyball, but I never watched them

oh ok, so that's his shtick/signature :russ: