Molly's Game Trailer Starring Idris Elba

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Geez, this was such a Sorkin movie. Which is bad enough as it is, but you could already smell the self-empowerment and self-victimization of Molly Bloom in her own story and Sorkin just pushes it even further to the point nothing about it feels real. It's such artificial storytelling that it's painful at times (even before I found out even the lengthy, motivation-driving opening scene was a complete fabrication), which is actually more of a shame than usual with Sorkin because for what its worth the man actually possesses some decent directing skills. But it's also so overly long that you will find the time to debate whether the consistent presence of Chastain's pushed-up t*ts makes this movie more tolerable or just more tacky.

I completely agree with everything you wrote. This movie was painful to watch, something about her voice overs, the pacing etc. Whoever said this was just a continuation of Miss Sloane is right on the money. Also I Jessica Chastain was horribly miscast to play her. You expect me to believe she can pull off being a 22 year old bottle service girl? Ugh

Haven't seen it, yet. When I saw the trailer I looked up the case, she was sentenced to a year probation, which is typical. Another movie with glam celebs and their privileged worlds, and no consequences, this woman isn't a hero to anyone.

Exactly, I was really hoping she was going to go to jail at the end, but that white privilege strikes again. I wonder if the judge would give a teenager with some weed in his pocket the same light sentence.

She’s a shytty actress. Another one I think rodeWeinsteins dikk to the top

I agree with this too. She went from a shyt community college to Julliard?
On a scholarship that Robin Williams funded? :dahell:

Her whole background is suspect.

I actually think Idris elevated this garbage. That monologue near the end of the movie was pretty good.

Also the very ending (:comeon:) I fukken guarantee you that never happened.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I enjoyed this flick.

I like Jessica Chastain but I'm convinced she has a short range of ability that isn't suited for her to carry a movie on her own.

Every scene with Idris Elba was amped up by him... he either carried her or outright stole the scene even with his accent dropping. I'm puzzled as to why this guy hasn't gotten more lead roles or a chance to carry a movie the way Chastain and othe actors/actresses have..

Kevin Costner was also great in the scene at the end of this.

Daps
Film sounds terrible, guess I'll wait for DVD or Netflix.

If you're all saying Idris carried her in some scenes then it must be bad because outside of the wire and Luther he's missed on a lot to me. Quite overrated.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spoiler alert I guess

First off, whoever edited/shot some of these shots, fukked up on some film school ABC shyt. 2nd, motherfukk that whole Elba speech talking about this chick should be on a wheaties box and an inspiration to her daughter....like cmon son she was wrecklesss even running that poker ring, letting home boy chill while they running numbers, not thinking eventually either the Feds or mob gonna come at you eventually for the $$ you bringing in/taking out they pie. And motherfukk the judge throwing out her case after pleading guilty and going out to eat steak after lmaoooo kinda bullshyt white privilege is that.

I do understand it's sorkins first film as a director but typical Aaron sorkin dialogue and script and yoooooo Michael Cera tryna play a serious role does not go well

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished watching it, it was :manny:

Had some interesting moments, had some :aicmon:moments

Never had the sympathy for her the movie tried to get us to have.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
OK, now for my real review...

There is no bigger liar in the world than a thirty five year old white woman. You mean to tell me she was training for the Olympics and then living the high life in NY and LA and while dressing like Regina Russell on skinnemax, stop it. No one believes that, Sorkin the only writer I know that will put a chick on a pedestal even more than joss whedon. This movie was average at best, on every level, script, acting and directing. Yes, Kevin Costner at the end was the highlight. But film of the year? Far from it. Jesse eisenberg had more charisma at the beginning of social network before he turned into an a-hole than cera had in half the movie.

Last edited:

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps

There is no bigger liar in the world than a thirty five year old white woman. You mean to tell me she was training for the Olympics and then living the high life in NY and LA and while dressing like Regina Russell on skinnemax, stop it. No one believes that, Sorkin the only writer I know that will put a chick on a pedestal even more than joss whedon. This movie was average at best, on every level, script, acting and directing. Yes, Kevin Costner at the end was the highlight. But film of the year? Far from it. Jesse eisenberg had more charisma at the beginning of social network before he turned into an a-hole than cera had this whole movie.
Michael Cera must hate that nikka:russ: stole his roles for everything since superbad.

Daps
Movie was decent but definitely too long. Learning that player x was tobey maguire and that he was way worse than in the movie :laff:
tobey-maguire.jpg

:whoa:

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching

There is no bigger liar in the world than a thirty five year old white woman. You mean to tell me she was training for the Olympics and then living the high life in NY and LA and while dressing like Regina Russell on skinnemax, stop it. No one believes that, Sorkin the only writer I know that will put a chick on a pedestal even more than joss whedon. This movie was average at best, on every level, script, acting and directing. Yes, Kevin Costner at the end was the highlight. But film of the year? Far from it. Jesse eisenberg had more charisma at the beginning of social network before he turned into an a-hole than cera had this whole movie.

Haven't seen that name in a while. :wow:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I watched this last night....I am in that kind of mood, I will drop a review/thoughts a little later.