Modern humans have existed for 300,000 years but Abrahamic religions are only 3500 years old

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
The majority of the stuff in the Abrahamic books don't make a lick of sense
It's just mythology. It's not even unique in it's approach with a lot of the concepts having overlap with other "pagan" religions. The only thing unique about the Abrahamic religions are the scope of adoption facilitated by cac and sand cac conquests

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
flood myths arent just in the bible

"great" floods can also be taken to mean "magical floods"

even the chinese had myths about the floods

This is an obfuscation of what I said.

First of all, we are not talking about other cultures and their flood myths-- we are talking about the one YOU believe, and the one YOU believe is one of the stupidest stories ever told. We have evidence that never happened, starting with strata, the tree rings I mentioned, and the fact that it's impossible for a goat herder in the middle east to collect two (or more) of every land animal, house them on a wooden boat, feed them (because he supposedly housed every carnivore on the planet, which means they'd EAT the other animals on the boat) and survive a months long deluge.

The fact that you believe this is hilarious. Even when I was a Christian, I thought that story was bunk. You a grown ass man that still takes this fairy tale dead serious. Embarrassing behavior

:unimpressed:

Second of all, we know that human civilizations are, almost without exception, usually situated near a water source. This is typically a river, and most rivers in the world experience some form of flooding/receding.

This is why many cultures have myths about floods-- early primitive humans were near a water source, saw that it flooded, and didn't understand the mechanics of floods.

The especially bad floods probably felt like "the entire world was ending", so they made a myth about this concept. It's as obvious as day.

:russell:

Just look at what the Japanese tsunami did in 2011.

Doesn't this look like "the world is ending" to you? Now imagine what primitive humans would have thought:

original.jpg

:stopitslime:

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
You posted a picture of the world's fair with party flags on the buildings and said that was a city. Are you going to address that?:mjlol:

They had a fair in the city bruh:mjlol:

Here is the same pics for a third time:
PPIE-Hero-image.jpg

locwf1915sf4.jpg

Misc0005_0.jpg

images
And on and on I could go. keep coming up with excuses though. I can see you gettin desperate
:umad:

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
Read the whole article and the ancient civilization that rivals Thebes is the Mayan ruins in Palenque. The stuff in the States is native American stuff that the author doesn't want to give credit to
Let’s not start off our convo with the 🧢 bruh :usure:

It says in the article what it’s talking about:

The antiquities of America extend from the Eastern shores of Maine and Massachusetts to the Pacific, and from the great lakes and British dominions to Perf and La Platta in South America; in fact, throughout the extent of the continents. Immense forests grow over the ruins of large cities, and the gigantic size of the trees, which indications that other generations of trees sprung up and grew before them, proves the the ruins were in existence before the Christian era. In every portion of the United States interesting ruins have been found, sculptured figures of one hundred animals of different species, executed in a style far surpassing the Indians. The State of Ohio abounds in ruins at towns and fortifications, with extensive towers and pyramids, At Marietta, and in Missouri, beautiful pottery, silver and copper ornaments, and pearls of great beauty and lustre, have been dug from the earth. In the caves of Tennessee and Kentucky, mummies have been found, in a high state of preservation, clothed with cloths and skins of various texture, inlaid with features. Like discoveries have been made at Carolton, near Milwakie, in the State of Wisconsin — ruins of huge fortifications appear. Similar ruins appear in the State of Missouri. On the south side of the Missouri river, in the western portion of the State, is an enclosure of some five hundred acres, which includes the ruins of a building (no doubt an ancient tower) with walls one hundred feet high, and eighty at the base attached to which are a redoubt and citadel, with work much resembling the structure of a tower in Europe.

Geordi

All Star
Daps
They had a fair in the city bruh:mjlol:

Here is the same pics for a third time:
PPIE-Hero-image.jpg

locwf1915sf4.jpg

Misc0005_0.jpg

images
And on and on I could go. keep coming up with excuses though. I can see you gettin desperate
:umad:
Okay those buildings are from the fair built in 1915. Why do you think its impossible for people in 1915 to make buildings? This is what San Francisco looked like 10 years earlier

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
Meanwhile Amish people

We been over this breh. That was a magazine written by a fringe anti-immigrant political group their opponents nicknamed the Know Nothings. This is like someone 150 years from now finding a National Enquirer article and saying Bat people exist :heh:

Where is the scientific evidence backing your lone magazine up? Surely you must have eye witness accounts, writings, archeological digs etc. I mean the first settlers of Boston must have told someone that they got to America and there were nice comfortable houses waiting for them :heh:

The peaks in the Grand Canyon were named by a cac

Do you believe these formations are hollow?

For the second time, political affiliations have nothing to do with what’s being reported. To compare it to the national enquirer you don’t bring up the political affiliations, you bring up stories that rival the made upnstories of the national enquirer. I’ll wait and see what stories you find…

They won’t let people near those areas in the Grand Canyon I’m sure so who really knows what they hold?

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
This is an obfuscation of what I said.

First of all, we are not talking about other cultures and their flood myths-- we are talking about the one YOU believe, and the one YOU believe is one of the stupidest stories ever told. We have evidence that never happened, starting with strata, the tree rings I mentioned, and the fact that it's impossible for a goat herder in the middle east to collect two (or more) of every land animal, house them on a wooden boat, feed them (because he supposedly housed every carnivore on the planet, which means they'd EAT the other animals on the boat) and survive a months long deluge.

The fact that you believe this is hilarious. Even when I was a Christian, I thought that story was bunk. You a grown ass man that still takes this fairy tale dead serious. Embarrassing behavior

Second of all, we know that human civilizations are, almost without exception, usually situated near a water source. This is typically a river, and most rivers in the world experience some form of flooding/receding.

This is why many cultures have myths about floods-- early primitive humans were near a water source, saw that it flooded, and didn't understand the mechanics of floods.

The especially bad floods probably felt like "the entire world was ending", so they made a myth about this concept. It's as obvious as day.

:russell:

Just look at what the Japanese tsunami did in 2011.

Doesn't this look like "the world is ending" to you? Now imagine what primitive humans would have thought:

original.jpg

:stopitslime:
As you like to say: you are willfully ignorant to the possibility of intelligence amongst ancient people

If I explained to you how Noah’s ark could have been metaphysical you would not understand.

You suffer from believing Sunday school interpretations without understanding that it was given to you that way to protect your mind.

The attempt to oversimplify the past is why you do not currently nor will you in the future understand the ways of your ancestors.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
As you like to say: you are willfully ignorant to the possibility of intelligence amongst ancient people

Another deflection.

Primitive people did not know what a flood was, nor how they formed. This is documented by the fact they came up with supernatural origins for a thing we can demonstrate is a natural occurrence.

If I explained to you how Noah’s ark could have been metaphysical you would not understand.

That's true; I don't particularly understand willful stupidity. You have me there :russ:

You suffer from believing Sunday school interpretations without understanding that it was given to you that way to protect your mind

The only thing I suffer from is the inability to place you on ignore, since you're a mod. I have to suffer reading through the gibberish you constantly espouse in these threads. My personality quirk is that I can't leave nonsensical comments unchallenged, which is why I reply to you in the first place.

People need to see you and people like you being handled with facts publicly.

Don't think I haven't noticed you've run away from me calling you out on not knowing radiometric dating is chemistry, something you denied and lied about stating you were a member of ACS, when they literally have a mission statement stating it is:

Screenshot-463.png

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Another deflection.

Primitive people did not know what a flood was, nor how they formed. This is documented by the fact they came up with supernatural origins for a thing we can demonstrate is a natural occurrence.

That's true; I don't particularly understand willful stupidity. You have me there :russ:

The only thing I suffer from is the inability to place you on ignore, since you're a mod. I have to suffer reading through the gibberish you constantly espouse in these threads. My personality quirk is that I can't leave nonsensical comments unchallenged, which is why I reply to you in the first place.
:snoop:You Speak for ancient people without being ancient or at least learned about them. If you lived in Waterworld you wouldn’t know it

Your antics would be classified as willful stupidity so there is one thing you are right on. You neither have knowledge of self or others :therethere:

The need to explain things away as trivial is one of the easiest signs of anxiety on a topic. You are better off just not discussing it as name calling isn’t working for you