Modern humans have existed for 300,000 years but Abrahamic religions are only 3500 years old

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
The point was me being in grad school is immaterial to anything we are talking about

Now it's trillion of years of 6000 year cycles, you might as well as believe we are living in the world of Attack of Titan with what you are talking
you might be for all you know. What do you think attack on titan is about?

God in the bible regularly says to the israelites that they are dwelling in the land of the amorites (story makers) and that if you disobey his laws he will deliver you to their Gods

and ultimately here we are :troll:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
It always does, that's why we went from believing the Earth was the center of the universe :unimpressed:
technically it still might be

when you look at "ideas" of the observable universe ironically the earth IS at the center because why? our telescopes are our limitation to space!

thats why I said to you before, even astronomy has the same sickness/limitation that archaelogy/geology have. What they know is confined to the current accuracy of the measurements

I would say that what an individual believes matters more than truth.
I also believe that when an individual's beliefs align with the truth, that's a good thing.
so a lie is better than truth?....in situations where your belief aligns?

how does that sound to you?

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
I don't remember that, no. Can you link me to the scientific journals of the day where the scientists use observational evidence and experimentation to foundationally disprove what went on to become the Big Bang Theory? (The answer is no, you can't, because it hasn't been disproven).

NO WORRIES, I GOT U WHEN I GET BACK HOME

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
”We don’t need to question it” :ufdup:

And there lies the problem. People quick to question the Bible but accept whatever story mainstream/science hands them down about history.

The technology they claim to have invented was already here. You don’t come to America on horse and buggy and 100 years later have a car and 100 years later have a Lamborghini unless you got a push from something. Especially after hundreds of thousands of years of making no progress when it comes to that. But nah we don’t question that. But a book that we claim is fairytales? Yea let’s comb thru that and see what we can find
:unimpressed:

Oh you're being serious :dwillhuh:.

Okay let's try this another way.

Without googling, tell me how your refrigerator works.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Advancements in carbon dating, alongside other indicia of age - are pretty commonly used to date fossils.

?

Who are you referring to?
how do you feel about his:

giphy.gif

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
:dead:

It’s always an engineer. Every time a young earth creationist claims to be a scientist they always follow it up with saying they are an engineer. It’s basically a meme at this point.
not once have I said that I believe that earth is only such and such years old

just that the dating methods shouldnt be trusted.

many people here who know me know I went to Auburn and graduated in 2016 in Chemical Engineer (Biomedical focus)

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
Some posters get kind of upset when I post the link to this pertinent YouTube series to a thread but it has some highly interesting mega centuries info about life on Earth and about the topic. So no link today, just the title.

01 - ANSWERS OF AN ALIEN FROM ANDROMEDA​

AtlanticoBR
35.8K subscribers

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Yea when I say tech I mean things like planes, phones, cars, tvs etc…

Either something caused the boom or they’re hiding that tech was always here and they (whoever they are) found it and allow it to be trickled out to the masses. Either way the point was that scoffers are quick to comb thru the Bible to find things they believe are “illogical” while holding illogical beliefs themselves.

And yes it’s 100% illogical to believe humans have been here for 13,000 to 300,000 years plus only to have a boom in tech in the last 200 years based off nothing. (Funny how the boom started after they “found” America?)

I get your point. But it’s the same things.

Everything you cited functions based on binary code 0s/1s (computing) & binary system was used in a lot of ancient civilisations. Ditto the components which are mostly metals & rubber. The foundation existed for a long time in different civilisations - humanity just expanded on it due to curiosity (e.g the idea of building planes came from birds) & gave it a better aesthetic. However, when you breakdown everything to the simplest form & basics - it’s just the same thing.

For example: the concept of building skyscrapers came from Egyptian obelisk & pyramids. Same equations but expanded on & with better aesthetics. And without that foundation, we won’t have skyscrapers. The same is applicable to everything else.

I agree with the rest of your posts tho.