MMG - Self Made Vol.2 sells 95k first week

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
No it wasn't :laugh:

Dog, the LABEL was sending out promotions for Lloyd Banks all around the US and they were paying for parties. I know you are from the UK but they were pitching in money. This shyt was already all detailed on SOHH and you guys keep running with it.

Banks himself said that. I don't see why he would try to shyt on the label like that. :youngsabo:

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
:ooh: Looks like I touched a nerve. I just made an observation and asked a question about the expectations for the album no need to throw Spitta under the bus for no reason and throwing up some betting poll from people on this site. I could care less about Spitta's album sales one way or the other. I never been one waving pom poms for Spitta regarding his album sales so you can dead that shyt. I guarantee most people expected more due to all the promo not just cats from the coli on a betting poll.
With that being said Ross has a little under a month until his album drops...whats the lead single? I know it aint gonna be that Hold Me Back joint or So Sophisticated is it?
Just hate to see nikkas fronting with these artificially high after the fact expectations based on not a goddamned thing but if they like the artist or not...when we got documented proof of what the actual general consensus of honest expectations were now...if you're not referring to the people on these forums who you're discussing the shyt with, my mistake...but then I don't know who are these hypothetical other nikkas are (who are "most people"? most people in America? most people of voting age?) or how they arrived at their hypothetical high expectations based on all this "promo" (in house viral videos and vlogs and one moderately successful urban radio track)...when they damn near doubled up what they did with part 1...with songs in rotation approaching the impact of Tupac Back or I'm a Boss...

And Ross' lead single from what I can tell is the Usher joint

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
Banks himself said that. I don't see why he would try to shyt on the label like that. :youngsabo:

Of course he did because he fukking flopped and the album never cracked over 150k.

EMI paid for his release party at the Best Buy Theatre, they paid for the press conference, they paid for in store marketing, he was getting plugs in a bunch of markets. 50 did not pay for all that out of his pocket nor did he coordinate it all.

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
178297_o-1.gif

:laugh:

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
95k that like 5 nikkas gotta split ain't nuthin to respect brehs.......

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
someone should create a bet on the percentage drop for second week numbers...congrats to Ross though this is a win in this climate

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
read my post on the last page :rudy:

I read it. Under 100k ain't good on a Major no matter what math u use.

*waits for another year or 2 when folks start saying selling 20k is good*

Gold is still 500k and Plat still a mill............

95k is still a flop!

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

how much would a cte album sell today :youngsabo:

Just to point to some facts.... C.T.E. sold 95k first week right... Not that great either......

But can you name 1 member in CTE besides Jeezy?

Now take that name and think were they as hot as Meek Millz or Wale?

Now if they were as hot as Wale or Meek can you name a single a CTE member (besides) Jeezy that had a song constantly on radio

Now which artist between Ross and Jeezy is big time and small time...

BTW.. since you want to point to numbers, how much did that Triple C's album sell??:russ: That's a more comparable group

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
I read it. Under 100k ain't good on a Major no matter what math u use.

*waits for another year or 2 when folks start saying selling 20k is good*

Gold is still 500k and Plat still a mill............

95k is still a flop!

500k is the new plat, u nikkas are delusional this isnt 2003 anymore.

besides wayne, jay, ye, em, and drake nobody is going plat nowadays, u have r&b legends like r kelly and usher barely cracking 80-100k and beiber and beyonce selling 200-250k.

show money is how these rappers eat in this climate not record sales, hell a few years ago it was ringtone money.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
500k is the new plat, u nikkas are delusional this isnt 2003 anymore.

besides wayne, jay, ye, em, and drake nobody is going plat nowadays.

show money is how these rappers eat in this climate not record sales, hell a few years ago it was ringtone money.

Last I checked platinum was still a million sold...

You can't say besides wayne, jay, etc.... The point is they are bigger stars??? My point is Ross isn't that big..

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
Last I checked platinum was still a million sold...

You can't say besides wayne, jay, etc.... The point is they are bigger stars??? My point is Ross isn't that big..

no shyt sherlock your stating the obvious.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Just to point to some facts.... C.T.E. sold 95k first week right... Not that great either......

But can you name 1 member in CTE besides Jeezy?

Now take that name and think were they as hot as Meek Millz or Wale?

Now if they were as hot as Wale or Meek can you name a single a CTE member (besides) Jeezy that had a song constantly on radio

Now which artist between Ross and Jeezy is big time and small time...

BTW.. since you want to point to numbers, how much did that Triple C's album sell??:russ: That's a more comparable group

CTE sold 95k 6 years ago, alot of people were still going plat back then breh...that triple c's album did flop I will give you that.

But I would bet my last dollar if the cte shyt dropped today if would do 10k , when the cte album dropped nikkas was actually fukking with slick pulla heavy, and blood raw had a little buzz.

Another thing is nobody was saying that shyt flopped because it was a compilation album/group album...I keep trying to explain to nikkas that them shyts never sell as well as solo albums...NEVER...its numerous examples from fukking ruff ryders compilation to the damn st lunatics album. And x was going 5 times plat and nelly was going diamond at the time they dropped

Wayne sold a milli his first week and the YM compilation did 142 its first week. A name does not move a compilation album like it does a solo album period

I tired of explaining this shyt.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
95K is ALRIGHT numbers...but not GREAT numbers..

C'mon y'all don't be blinded by the hype and act like they are going platinum all the time

MMG as LET to have a platinum album/record...

These nikkas always like they selling when in reality they really ain't...

but hey..in this day in age sells don't mean nothing...if Ross would have sold 10K u nikkas would have been like "OMG MMG RUNNING shyt! :win:"

:leostare: