Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
How many 2012 hiphop releases have sold more first week than Vol. 2? :scheme:

178297_o-1.gif

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
With the nonstop videos (I dont care if they in house they still count as promotion) 5-7 Ross singles, a Meek Mill mixtape, a Wale album (with a nice single), a Stalley album, and MTV pretty saying he's the hottest rapper in 2K12 you mean to tell me people didnt expect a little more than 95K? I figured he'd at least crack 100K.
See...that's why I'm glad we have betting threads now.....so we can stop with these fake ass exaggerated expectations after the fact....all we have to do is look at the sales thread for this album and see what people true honest expectations for this album were

Sports, Hip Hop & Piff - The Coli - View vBookie Event

a whopping 7 outta 109 people thought they'd do more 100k copies ....the overwhelming majority of people didn't think they'd do more than 65K...less than a quarter correctly picked they'd end up somewhere close to where they actually did...clearly exceeded most people's true HONEST expectations...now when the numbers come in we're supposed to pretend to be shocked they didn't do more :rudy:

and lol @ this "i don't care, promotion is promotion" stuff in regards to artists grinding and promoting themselves...MMG's on the same label as Spitta, had the same exact kind of promotion that he had...mainly putting out their own viral videos and putting out mixtapes/touring to feed their fanbases...but I bet everything you were of the people acting like Spitta's 30K was a great look...while this is supposed to be some big disappointment :stopitslime:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
You're comparing a $1.49 song to a $12 album.

I'm no Ross stan, but :stopitslime:. More people are likely to spend a buck fifty on something than $12. Especially when you don't even have to leave your crib to get it as opposed to going to Target and spending effort to cop a cd.

Convenience is convenience. No doubt....

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
See...that's why I'm glad we have betting threads now.....so we can stop with these fake ass exaggerated expectations after the fact....all we have to do is look at the sales thread for this album and see what people true honest expectations for this album were

a whopping 7 outta 109 people thought they'd do more 100k copies ....the overwhelming majority of people didn't think they'd do more than 65K...less than a quarter correctly picked they'd end up somewhere close to where they actually did...clearly exceeded most people's true HONEST expectations...now when the numbers come in we're supposed to pretend to shocked they didn't do more :rudy:

and lol @ this "i don't care, promotion is promotion" stuff in regards to artists grinding and promoting themselves...MMG's on the same label Spitta, had the same exact kind of promotion that he had...mainly putting out their own viral videos and putting out mixtapes/touring to feed their fanbases...but I bet everything you were of the people acting like Spitta's 30K was a great look...while this is supposed to be some big disappointment :stopitslime:

thank you basedkhrys_x

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps

a whopping 7 outta 109 people thought they'd do more 100k copies ....the overwhelming majority of people didn't think they'd do more than 65K...less than a quarter correctly picked they'd end up somewhere close to where they actually did...clearly exceeded most people's true HONEST expectations...now when the numbers come in we're supposed to pretend to shocked they didn't do more :rudy:

and lol @ this "i don't care, promotion is promotion" stuff in regards to artists grinding and promoting themselves...MMG's on the same label Spitta, had the same exact kind of promotion that he had...mainly putting out their own viral videos and putting out mixtapes/touring to feed their fanbases...but I bet everything you were of the people acting like Spitta's 30K was a great look...while this is supposed to be some big disappointment :stopitslime:

Great Post

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
Yall niqqas dissed banks for doin like 50k on basically a indie album AND THIS IS GOOD? :dead: How many ways they gotta split this money and how many features it have? :laugh:

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
thats really good considering they not really all that known as a group like that. most people still just see them as a bunch of independant artists doin songs together, not a group. plus bag full of money is really the only song they got thats hittin like that and i aint even know that was a mmg song til i heard the album

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston

a whopping 7 outta 109 people thought they'd do more 100k copies ....the overwhelming majority of people didn't think they'd do more than 65K...less than a quarter correctly picked they'd end up somewhere close to where they actually did...clearly exceeded people's true HONEST expectations...now when the numbers come in we're supposed to pretend to shocked they didn't do more :rudy:

:ooh: Looks like I touched a nerve. I just made an observation and asked a question about the expectations for the album no need to throw Spitta under the bus for no reason and throwing up some betting poll from people on this site. I could care less about Spitta's album sales one way or the other. I never been one waving pom poms for Spitta regarding his album sales so you can dead that shyt. I guarantee most people expected more due to all the promo not just cats from the coli on a betting poll.
With that being said Ross has a little under a month until his album drops...whats the lead single? I know it aint gonna be that Hold Me Back joint or So Sophisticated is it?

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
If Odd Future release a big label release I guarantee it sells more that that :mjpls:

Black Hippy/TDE would too :ehh:

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
Meanwhile I know for fact meek gets at least 30 k a show so are album sales really even relevant to anyone's career?

bu bu bu but they only sold 95k :beli:

show money is where its at in this climate because of the declining record sales, this nikka meek probably makes anywhere from 50-100k in show money on a good week and this nikka hasnt even dropped a album yet.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Since when is 95K good?

Especially for the hottest nikkas in the game

nikkas didn't give a fukk, it was for the streets they basically released it like a mixtape and still got a hundred thousand dukes to go out and coping in its first week. Justin Bieber does like 200k first week with his unofficial albums like the Christmas album and he's supposed to be the biggest male artist after EM and Em didn't even crack 200k with Royce.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
The project was completely funded by 50 cent :usure:

No it wasn't :laugh:

Dog, the LABEL was sending out promotions for Lloyd Banks all around the US and they were paying for parties. I know you are from the UK but they were pitching in money. This shyt was already all detailed on SOHH and you guys keep running with it.