MMG - Self Made Vol.2 sells 95k first week

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
:ld:

hey, it got nas on it so i hope it does well

i dont understand why major labels even release albums that they must know won't even sell 250,000. i don't see the upside financially

Because not every album is designed or expected to sell big numbers. Not every album gets the same kind of investment.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
95K isn't a good look from the amount of videos they release every month and constant promotion but on the other hand it's way better than the first Self Made which shows you work ethic pays off. I just hope y'all nikkas stop talking about Ross as a superstar though. Compilation album or not, throw a new Hov compilation together tomorrow and it's selling at least 200,000 in the first week

Why are you acting like the videos they put out are some million dollar budget Hype Williams 'Big Poppa' caliber shyt? It's one of their homies and the videos are done in house. You realize there are 'weed carriers' and 'camera carriers' in all rap crews right :shaq:

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
95K isn't a good look from the amount of videos they release every month and constant promotion but on the other hand it's way better than the first Self Made which shows you work ethic pays off. I just hope y'all nikkas stop talking about Ross as a superstar though. Compilation album or not, throw a new Hov compilation together tomorrow and it's selling at least 200,000 in the first week

If you didnt know MMG has its own IN HOUSE video team in DRE FILMS

http://www.drefilms.com/index/HOME.html

Theyre not spending millions on Hype Williams type vids, all they shyt is pretty low budget but its very CLEAN and to the point.

Also alot of their promotion is done by word of mouth or through social media like Twitter and Facebook.

Im imagining that they get a pretty good return from any record sales they get since it doesnt seem like they put too much money into this project.

Sounds like good business to me :ehh:

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
If you didnt know MMG has its own IN HOUSE video team in DRE FILMS

HOME

Theyre not spending millions on Hype Williams type vids, all they shyt is pretty low budget but its very CLEAN and to the point.

Also alot of their promotion is done by word of mouth or through social media like Twitter and Facebook.

Im imagining that they get a pretty good return from any record sales they get since it doesnt seem like they put too much money into this project.

Sounds like good business to me :ehh:

:laugh: We literally had the same post.

Daps

You are aware that "Hits Vol. 1" only did 27k in it's opening right? And that was released after BP3 and on the same date as MBDTF.

Doing twice the last album's first week is a big deal, considering that one has done less than 200k total. GFID will do numbers.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps

No, if hov thru a Roc nation compilation with j cole and some other nikkas, that shyt is NOT selling 200k first week

Wayne was coming off selling a mili first week and young money only did 142k first week.

Compilation albums are totally diff then regular artist albums. The only compilation that did big numbers was the shady one and we all know Em's fanbase is :king:

QuarterCenturyLegend

Stoopid Life
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Damn, can a nikka live? I'm not hating on them at all. I'm not saying they put out million dollar videos, etc... I applaud the fact they've accomplished what they have and i'm just saying it's not an eye raiser to me on the record sales. I said this to say that Ross is not as big as some of you on here make him out to be.... :yeshrug:

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Explain this Logic ross fans have

You acting like nikkas was expecting Ross to go double plat. Also the main reason nikkas clown 50 is because he is the one who started this number shyt, no one cared about numbers like that til 50 came thru, he bragged all day about that shyt and now look at him. It has nothing to do with Ross

A lot of Ross fans act like he is the biggest thing in rap. Which is clearly untrue from the *numbers*. I happen to like Ross' music, but he is just not as big or important as people make him out to be...

I'm in no way a huge fan of 50, but he certainly did not start *this number shyt*

BTW, I'm a huge Jay fan... but he was a major player in bragging about number

Takeover- "I sold what ya whole album sold in my first week"
Change The Game- "Volume 3 still sold more records than Will Smith"
Change The Game - "Five million I done that, and I come back, to do it again"

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
A lot of Ross fans act like he is the biggest thing in rap. Which is clearly untrue from the *numbers*. I happen to like Ross' music, but he is just not as big or important as people make him out to be...

I'm in no way a huge fan of 50, but he certainly did not start *this number shyt*

BTW, I'm a huge Jay fan... but he was a major player in bragging about number

Takeover- "I sold what ya whole album sold in my first week"
Change The Game- "Volume 3 still sold more records than Will Smith"
Change The Game - "Five million I done that, and I come back, to do it again"

Yeah hov said those lines I will give you that, but nikkas really didnt care about numbers like that, 50 was braggin bout that shyt on interviews, using it to beef with other rappers, he really brought the numbers game to the fore front, and every since then we talk about it all the time.

Prior to 50, can you remember nikkas arguing about first week sales and shyt floppin.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
With the nonstop videos (I dont care if they in house they still count as promotion) 5-7 Ross singles, a Meek Mill mixtape, a Wale album (with a nice single), a Stalley album, and MTV pretty saying he's the hottest rapper in 2K12 you mean to tell me people didnt expect a little more than 95K? I figured he'd at least crack 100K.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
With the nonstop videos (I dont care if they in house they still count as promotion) 5-7 Ross singles, a Meek Mill mixtape, a Wale album (with a nice single), a Stalley album, and MTV pretty saying he's the hottest rapper in 2K12 you mean to tell me people didnt expect a little more than 95K? I figured he'd at least crack 100K.

Thats called WORK homie. They cant help what they sell but the music is making an impact as is evident in MTV giving a rapper like Ross the hottest in the game title.

Plus Wale is almost gold now when im not even sure if he pushed 100k with AD, Meek should sell and Ross will probably have the biggest numbers of his career in GFID.

The ground work is being layed as we speak.