MMG - Self Made Vol.2 sells 95k first week

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:huhldup: @ 95k somehow being a big deal

ross and meek are 2 of the biggest rappers in rap right now, and wale got fans, failing to see how this number is good.

its average

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
:huhldup: @ 95k somehow being a big deal

ross and meek are 2 of the biggest rappers in rap right now, and wale got fans, failing to see how this number is good.

its average

its like double what theyre last one sold...and that one had a BUZZ with a club banger, this is just some shyt they threw out in the middle of promoting ross and meek album

Daps
Reppin
NULL
its like double what theyre last one sold...and that one had a BUZZ with a club banger, this is just some shyt they threw out in the middle of promoting ross and meek album

:ld:

hey, it got nas on it so i hope it does well

i dont understand why major labels even release albums that they must know won't even sell 250,000. i don't see the upside financially

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
media

Yes, this is the real cover.

:heh:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since when is 95K good?

Especially for the hottest nikkas in the game

Being the hottest in the game doesn't necessarily equate to album sales. Selling albums solely depends on people actually being willing to spend money on your music. Being the hottest in the game, doesn't necessarily mean people are buying the music especially when the people who create those lists use criteria like the number of Twitter followers and buzz. Being the hottest essentially means that an artist is creating a considerable amount of interest. People are talking about them, downloading mixtapes, downloading the singles (purchased or from free sources), magazines are putting the artists on covers, and the Internet is buzzing = being the hottest. That doesn't mean that they are going to move units.

That being said 95K is decent numbers.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being the hottest in the game doesn't necessarily equate to album sales. Selling albums solely depends on people actually being willing to spend money on your music. Being the hottest in the game, doesn't necessarily mean people are buying the music especially when the people who create those lists use criteria like the number of Twitter followers and buzz. Being the hottest essentially means that an artist is creating a considerable amount of interest. People are talking about them, downloading mixtapes, downloading the singles (purchased or from free sources), magazines are putting the artists on covers, and the Internet is buzzing = being the hottest. That doesn't mean that they are going to move units.

That being said 95K is decent numbers.

Does this also mean they are simply not that big.. Like people will listen to their music on the radio, but they are not going out of their way to check for them.... I mean people bring up the "this isn't 2004" argument all the time..... But Jay, Kanye, Wayne, are Drake are doing fine......

I think what this come down to is that these so called stars aren't really that big, or as big as people hype them up to be (including fans and blogs)...

:yeshrug:

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
Does this also mean they are simply not that big.. Like people will listen to their music on the radio, but they are not going out of their way to check for them.... I mean people bring up the "this isn't 2004" argument all the time..... But Jay, Kanye, Wayne, are Drake are doing fine......

I think what this come down to is that these so called stars aren't really that big, or as big as people hype them up to be (including fans and blogs)...

:yeshrug:

Jay,Kanye,Drake and Wayne are doing good..for this era. Them nikkas are megastars and cant even sell what Ludacris,Ja Rule and Lloyd Banks were selling back in 2001. They'll have big first weeks and tap out at 1.5,2 million..that should show you how much the game has changed.