Mississippi Governor officially proclaims April as "Confederate Heritage" Month

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
The only entity in this country strong enough from keeping fukk boy shyt like this from happening are college football players. If they had an NAACP type organization for college football player shyt in the south would change REAL quick.

Is a shame how disorganized the black community ...Al Sharpton and Kanye West bytching about grammys and people like BLM aren't the wave we need to ride... college athletics are...

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
How is this not treason?
How is this occurring and Obama has nine weeks left as the president and why is this not a major indictment stopping all news coverage.

We all know why and why I am leaving this south bullshyt for seattle,....then, Canada.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Says you from Chicago :patrice:

Yup, and just moved fifteen months to the bullshyt south and in about nine months, i am going to Seattle.
Then after that back to being free again in Canada.

Art Barr

• Dap
Reactions: MGM

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
The entire war was over SLAVERY.
no it wasn't :heh:

cmon lets not start this bullshyt, the war started becuase the south wanted to secede from the current government but the north wasn't about to let that happen so they as punishment told them to it's time for them to give up the slaves the south wasn't having it so lincoln got pissed

lincoln acutally did not care about the slaves he was just freeing them as a way to the punish the south, he was pretty indifferent and they are text/references that prove this

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
Thoughts on slavery
Cacs: Get over slavery, that was almost 700 years ago :camby:

Thoughts on rebel flag
Cacs: :salute:That represent my southern pride and I'll fight any yankee or ****** who got a problem with it.

Thoughts on them being from the same time period
Cacs: :whoa: Why cant we all just get along. Mine is history not hate. Just forget your history and we can all be friends.

3439783.gif

:shaq2:

Daps
:why:

Mississippi governor declares April 'Confederate Heritage Month'

19819954-mmmain.jpg

Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant has signed a proclamation declaring the month of April "Confederate Heritage Month" in his state. The signing was first reported by the Jackson Free Press.

The proclamation does not appear on the State of Mississippi's website, the alternative weekly reports, with other proclamations, such as those about emergency inclement weather, but is posted on the website of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, which is against changing the Mississippi flag to remove the Confederate battle flag.

The 122-year-old flag features a large Confederate emblem.

Clay Chandler, director of communications for Gov. Bryant, confirmed that the proclamation had been issued.

"Like his predecessors -- both Republican and Democrat -- who issued similar proclamations, Gov. Bryant believes Mississippi's history deserves study and reflection, no matter how unpleasant or complicated parts of it may be," Chandler said. "Like the proclamation says, gaining insight from our mistakes and successes will help us move forward."

The proclamation says that April is the appropriate month to honor Confederate heritage because it "is the month in which the Confederate States began and ended a four-year struggle." It adds that the state celebrates Confederate Memorial Day on April 25 to "recognize those who served in the Confederacy."

The proclamation concludes:

WHEREAS, it is important for all Americans to reflect upon our nation's past, to gain insight from our mistakes and successes, and to come to a full understanding that the lessons learned yesterday and today will carry us through tomorrow if we carefully and earnestly strive to understand and appreciate our heritage and our opportunities which lie before us:

NOW, THEREFORE, I, Phil Bryant, Governor of the State of Mississippi, hereby proclaim the month of April 2016 as

Its Mississippi- Its Rednecc Heritage 365 days a year :mjlol:

I have driven cross country twice from ATL to LA, and then back again a year later-- I'm FROM GA and wa still like I refuse to drive through Mississippi, Louisiana, and texas -
So instead of i-20 I drove from ATL to Memphis- then took I-40 the whole way-- didnt even see a cop/state patrol/nothing for 2000 miles

fucc mississippi- if you blacc and live there- MOVE! :ufdup:

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
no it wasn't :heh:

cmon lets not start this bullshyt, the war started becuase the south wanted to secede from the current government but the north wasn't about to let that happen so they as punishment told them to it's time for them to give up the slaves the south wasn't having it so lincoln got pissed

lincoln acutally did not care about the slaves he was just freeing them as a way to the punish the south, he was pretty indifferent and they are text/references that prove this

Not according to this article A Brief Overview of the American Civil War

A quote from the article says:

"The Civil War started because of uncompromising differences between the free and slave states over the power of the national government to prohibit slavery in the territories that had not yet become states. When Abraham Lincoln won election in 1860 as the first Republican president on a platform pledging to keep slavery out of the territories, seven slave states in the deep South seceded and formed a new nation, the Confederate States of America. The incoming Lincoln administration and most of the Northern people refused to recognize the legitimacy of secession. They feared that it would discredit democracy and create a fatal precedent that would eventually fragment the no-longer United States into several small, squabbling countries."

What I gather from that is they weren't trying to stop slavery they just didn't want to expand it further as the country began to grow further west.

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
black groups down here protest against it all the time, there was a big big blowup down here in Georgia over our state flag being the literal Rebel battle flag 15-16 years ago until our governor back than was able to ram through legislation to get it finally changed

Black people from the south have always been complaining about why that flag still up.

I hear that, but before all this shytstorm, it seemed highly revered culturally. There was even nikkaz proudly rocking it:

liljon.jpg

036CC0A4BAEEEA56D2672CAC47B93FEA_nr86r1.jpg

Rapper-mjg-confederat-flag.jpg

b67abdeb27bbdf466128673ce98d5c66.jpg

ludacris-confederate-flag.jpg

rapper-andree-3000.jpg

rapper-pastor-troy.jpg

this crazy cac linked to the confederate flag killed nine black people at a church in a confederate state

9/11 was done in the name of Islam, so are we should ban all Islamic symbols?