Mississippi Governor officially proclaims April as "Confederate Heritage" Month

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I dunno where you're getting Dre and Luda not being politically aware....

As an outsider, you have to understand that the only representation I had growing up of African-Americans in the Southern states were the likes of Luda, Lil Jon, Outkast etc. so I'm gonna look at them and think this must be the general feeling towards it; a show of Southern pride and nothing more.

To be fair to them, there was a a strong anti-Southern feeling post the Biggie/Pac era. Maybe this was them just championing their States. :manny:

That's not how you champion your state as a hip hop artist.

That's a lost nikka right there

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

Pitfalls0117

Invokana Trump
Daps
Reppin
NJ->BOS->DC
I live in Tennessee. Takes me about 15 minutes to get to Mississippi. Not saying that Tennessee is perfect but it's stuff like this that still makes going to Mississippi give me the heebie geebies. It's a weird feeling of awareness. I took a class there last year and had to drive back alone at night. Always made me feel strange. Like something could happen to me in this state.

I feel you breh, all I know is I had the heebie jeebies equally bad when I was driving thru rural MS and TN (especially when I was at Burgess Falls in Putnam/white county. I had some strong Deliverance type vibes out there:sadcam: [beautiful country though I have to say])

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I live in Tennessee. Takes me about 15 minutes to get to Mississippi. Not saying that Tennessee is perfect but it's stuff like this that still makes going to Mississippi give me the heebie geebies. It's a weird feeling of awareness. I took a class there last year and had to drive back alone at night. Always made me feel strange. Like something could happen to me in this state.
I feel you. I stopped at a rest stop on the way to Texas when I was 12 and it didn't feel right. I got back on that truck quick.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Crackers are wild but it's Mississippi. :yeshrug:

They had some bad chicks there. May pull me wife from out of there.

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude the type of white people that support this type of shyt really do not even understand the holes in their own logic.

"Oh, it's okay to have black history month, but we can't celebrate the legacy of a nation that was created for the purpose of freely owning human beings?":leostare:
It's fukkin flabbergasting that they can't fathom how they are mistaken. :snoop:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I feel you breh, all I know is I had the heebie jeebies equally bad when I was driving thru rural MS and TN (especially when I was at Burgess Falls in Putnam/white county. I had some strong Deliverance type vibes out there:sadcam: [beautiful country though I have to say])
I live in New York but I get the heebie geebies from white people period and especially when I'm somewhere in the south. :huhldup:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
As fukked up as it seems, you kinda gotta let it fly if we giving other cultures and heritages months :yeshrug:

But we should all know Mississippi is the lamest state anyways, so take it with a grain of salt.
People don't usually give foreign invaders their own holiday.
Thats what they became when they succeeded from the union and waged war in this country.
This isn't like giving another culture a holiday, this is like announcing Gangbanger appreciation month, Mafia Month to celebrate criminals.