Mississippi Governor officially proclaims April as "Confederate Heritage" Month

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Confederate States of America lasted 4 years. Did they create a 'conferderate' heritage in four years? No they didn't. When people use the word Confederate to represent them, they are supporting slavery because the Confederate States supported slavery. Anything else is a lie, because that's the sole reason for its existence. Spare me the states rights bullshyt. They wanted the states' rights to hold slaves. There is no if ands or buts about that. Its a specific reference to a specific period.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
why has there been such a sea change in the perception of this flag?

5 years ago no one was complaining about it, yet all of a sudden, in 2016, its a problem?

:dwillhuh:
black groups down here protest against it all the time, there was a big big blowup down here in Georgia over our state flag being the literal Rebel battle flag 15-16 years ago until our governor back than was able to ram through legislation to get it finally changed

Anno Domini

All Star
Daps
Live in the south brehs :wow:

Not saying the north is any better:whoa:

but...

it's like every other day I'm hearing about some fukkery going on in a southern state's government. Them white supremacists down there are reckless.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
They need to burn that flag and everyone associated with it for what it stands for.... :birdman:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
why has there been such a sea change in the perception of this flag?

5 years ago no one was complaining about it, yet all of a sudden, in 2016, its a problem?

:dwillhuh:
this crazy cac linked to the confederate flag killed nine black people at a church in a confederate state

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
That story seems fishy as hell. And it all links back to one website. I guess we'll see in a couple of days if bigger publications pick up on this.

It's something that's easy to believe because Mississippi but yeah.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Ok you're either white or misinformed.

The entire war was over SLAVERY. Everything they fought about was over the right to continue to own black slaves as free labor. It ain't no ifs, ands, or buts about that

We ain't talking about northerners we talking about the confederacy. And the confederacy's sole existence was for the purpose of continuing slavery. It's not up for debate homes

Historical documents back up exactly what I'm saying

White supremacists love to deny history. Thankfully everything is well documented. This is what the vice president of the Confederacy said at the Cornerstone Speech:

Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
White supremacists love to deny history. Thankfully everything is well documented. This is what the vice president of the Confederacy said at the Cornerstone Speech:

Dude gave that speech and tried to retract after they lost :wow: