Mission Accepted: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Pt 1

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was supposed to go see it yesterday in Dolby at AMC but the AC broke in the auditorium so they had to give everyone refunds :francis:

If Oppenheimer wasn’t coming out I would’ve spun the block for it in Dolby or IMAX this weekend but oh well

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I always thought it was a decent movie.

They also went to the same high school.
Yeah, MI:2 is the weakest entry by a solid chunk but I had fun with it. Definitely one of the most early 2000s films ever though, lol. Nu-Metal, comical amount of slow-motion dives, bland ass villain, and it felt like they tried turning Ethan into Brosnan’s Bond. That being said, I thought things kicked into gear action-wise by the time Ethan broke into Biocyte.

Feels like a time capsule flick to me in a lot of ways, good and bad. The Woo elements, as cheesy as they got, are nostalgic to me now. Thandie’s fine ass is another plus.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I will say, the ultimatum of "get captured, die, or choose to accept" is pretty fukkin dope and shows that everyone in IMF was down bad moments before they joined, and were identified for their skills and got the mission. Unless it was shown before, it should be a cornerstone of the series and can be how the team grows or the series continues.

I could see someone like Jake Gyllenhaal signing up for 2-3 of these and getting the mission in his first.

Last edited:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Saw it last night

Outside of the final train scene where they were hanging on for dear life, this joint was super mid. :manny:

Too long and it relied on Mission Impossible tropes instead of doing something new like they’ve done with each since Ghost Protocol.

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
Saw it last night

Outside of the final train scene where they were hanging on for dear life, this joint was super mid. :manny:

Too long and it relied on Mission Impossible tropes instead of doing something new like they’ve done with each since Ghost Protocol.
got a few friends say the same thing

this movie was mid

3 stars out of 5