Mission Accepted: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Pt 1

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Hayley Atwell with the most ass of any Cruise love interest so far? goddam:wow:

Anyway, the movie was mid. You cant be 7 entries into the franchise and not blowing people away with each action scene imo. The car chase has been done 109 times, honestly Fast X may have had the better one this year which is nuts. Some of the other scenes were meh, its like this nikka Tom dove into an underwater safe while avoiding a swinging clock like two movies ago, now he's just running thru airports and alleyways in Italy with old girl.

The Paris chick was clearly unhinged and they did her character dirty. Her and Gabriel had no real connection, i was like, "oh she knows him?" like da fuq? Trying to tie this to the history of the franchise was a misstep imo.

Seems like Part Two will be much better and maybe put together the movies will stand out more. MI4/5/6 are the holy grail of action movies and this came up short. We're still waiting on that perfect MI movie and I know they can give it to us. At least John Wick 4 level, send the character off right.

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
Tom's face looked like an oatmeal.
Desert scene looked like a studio set.
Train shyt was ok.
7/10.

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Just watched it. After all the hype I can say it was really good but not great. Some characters just didn’t make tons of sense with how they fit into the narrative. The action while impressive from technical standpoint didn’t blow me away. The 3rd one still my fave in the series.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ll have to rewatch the other 6 to rank it but they went crazy with this one.

The dialog at the beginning was a bit choppy trying to explain the threat and there was a scene at the end that felt like kind of an asspull but pure adrenaline besides that.

Hayley Atwell was a nice addition too. For the few Agent Carter heads out there it was cool to see her reunite with her boss from that show

100% worth the price of admission as with damn near all of Tom’s movies.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
I’ll have to rewatch the other 6 to rank it but they went crazy with this one.

The dialog at the beginning was a bit choppy trying to explain the threat and there was a scene at the end that felt like kind of an asspull but pure adrenaline besides that.

Hayley Atwell was a nice addition too. For the few Agent Carter heads out there it was cool to see her reunite with her boss from that show

100% worth the price of admission as with damn near all of Tom’s movies.
#GOAT

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
amazing:mjcry:

i gotta process all of this
timely as hell too even down to the
submarine:lolbron:

i wonder if any of the writers like batman though we basically had Catwoman, Harley, and
Brother Eye

one thing I'm upset about
they killed my favorite Isla Faust. I hope she's really not dead

with all that said though 6 is still the best one for me.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps

I forgot about Shea Whigham being her boss in Agent Carter. Still remains an underrated Marvel series.

Used to there being a ton of previews before the film, but when I arrived 10 mins after showtime the movie had already started :bryan:. Don't think I missed much as it was just the
scene with the Entity turning on the Russian sub

Thought it was really entertaining and Grace made a good addition to the crew :ehh:. C/S on the train giving off Uncharted vibes. Would be dope to see a modern action/spy game with crazy set-pieces like Mission Impossible.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
The Camera loves Hayley Atwell. How she look better now than she Agent Carter from 10 years ago? Reminds me of how Amsterdam made Zoe, Margot, and Bug Eyed Chess Chick look better than normal. Even Mantis chick looked aight in this.

I feel nothing for Silo girl, but I barely recall any of this series. Dropped with wires, John Woo, and Double Pump Henry Cavil, that's about it.
  • The "Catch Me If You Can"/Airport Sequence was fun.
  • Hallway fight? It's not Old Boy or Daredevil, but it'll do.
  • Train Sequence - cotdamn

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
The Camera loves Hayley Atwell. How she look better now than she Agent Carter from 10 years ago? Reminds me of how Amsterdam made Zoe, Margot, and Bug Eyed Chess Chick look better than normal. Even Mantis chick looked aight in this.

I feel nothing for Silo girl, but I barely recall any of this series. Dropped with wires, John Woo, and Double Pump Henry Cavil, that's about it.
  • The "Catch Me If You Can"/Airport Sequence was fun.
  • Hallway fight? It's not Old Boy or Daredevil, but it'll do.
  • Train Sequence - cotdamn

Hard to believe this is the same chick.... (from criminal UK ...bout 5 years ago)

I didn't know she was in this. I hadn't watched any trailers or anything before going to see MI7.. Soon as she came on screen I was like wait, is that shawty? :jbhmm:

Then when Tom turned her around and she smiled I was like yoooooo :ohhh:

Yea that's shawty :whoo:

Last edited:

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I saw this last night and I didn’t really like it that much. I know that the situation was really serious, but the movie didn’t have the same sense of fun as the previous Mission Impossibles. I’d only put this movie above the second one.

Even though I felt disappointed by this one I’ll still watch the next one when it comes out

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
shyt delivered some incredible action sequences. I could've used a final boss to make the stakes seem higher, but I was entertained. This was maybe the most "Tom cruise" movie ever. Some great running and motorcycle riding :heh:

I'm really tired of not having an ending to my movirs... easily my least favorite trend this year.

10/10 action
8/10 story

A-