Mission Accepted: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Pt 1

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s like this movie was written by chatgpt. :snoop: what a let down especially as MI has been on a run. Rampant with plot holes, illogical decisions, and they nerfed everybody for plot conveniences.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I have Fallout over this, but I'm a big Fallout fan. There was a lot of good stuff here, and that final scene had me on edge probably more than any other in the series (most of the was practical :wow:). They nailed that shyt. I liked the character drama too, but I see that's where it will lose a lot of people. Was also real happy with all they gave Luther in this movie. He's way more Ethan's equal in this one.

I'm bummed that Ilsa died, but I'm not mad. Ilsa was one of the best characters in the series, though. This Grace chick was mostly just a pain in the ass for no reason the whole time. It felt kind of thin that Ethan would give a shyt about her.

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I thought I was gonna be the lone man on the hill but so far I think we all had the same type of experience @Lootpack and @FlyRy. Great action. His movie but not as good as the 99% would suggest and maybe a half step down from the last flicks.

I got the pin and the poster too. The pin is kinda fye.

Pom Klementieff was great. I did think they tried to make her a little Harley Quinn-y at times but she was dope. She reminded me of Vicious from Cowboy Bebop at times which I wasn’t expecting but really enjoyed. I’d say she’s the standout performer

What did y’all think about the villain? Imo that’s where there was a fall off compared to the other movies. Gabriel didn’t really move me has a villian. And while AI is super pertinent in this day, I didn’t love the Entity. I really don’t think this needs to be two movies either. After watching the last spider verse movie it’s hard not to compare how each movie made me feel at the end. After the last spiderverse movie I felt like I couldn’t wait for the next movie. This one? I was just like meh :manny:. It’s still a good movie, but the last ones have put the bar impossibly high. Oh and I HATED them killing off Rebecca Ferguson’s character. Felt super forced. I really liked Ilsa.

Rebecca Ferguson character most likely got killed off due to scheduling conflict betweem Silo and then when Dune 2 got greenlighted. You can tell by the scenes she was in she was on set for no more than a week or 2 at best.

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I have Fallout over this, but I'm a big Fallout fan. There was a lot of good stuff here, and that final scene had me on edge probably more than any other in the series (most of the was practical :wow:). They nailed that shyt. I liked the character drama too, but I see that's where it will lose a lot of people. Was also real happy with all they gave Luther in this movie. He's way more Ethan's equal in this one.

I'm bummed that Ilsa died, but I'm not mad. Ilsa was one of the best characters in the series, though. This Grace chick was mostly just a pain in the ass for no reason the whole time. It felt kind of thin that Ethan would give a shyt about her.

I'm going to assume that Ethan use to be a thief before joining IMF. And the woman in the flashback that Gabriel killed was his partner/lover. So Grace probably reminds him of her.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thomas Cruise Mapother IV did it again :banderas:

The last action hero and true movie star :wow:

I saw this in 4DX what a thrill

Hayley Atwell is a good addition to the series

I was not feeling Gabriel as a villain he was too generic, Solomon Lane was better

I like the AI plot and it's very relevant

Tom studied Uncharted 2 and took the train escape sequence to another level

I like Rebecca Ferguson and her character deserve better

James Bond may never get his crown back

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
These movies are so dry - just Fast and Furious without the fun.

HarmoniousRespectfulIndianglassfish-size_restricted.gif

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Best story driven and character driven mission impossible imo
I think once part 2 comes out will have better idea as one unit it is
I feel fallout better but at same time this can be also with another rewatch
Top 3 at least for series for me
Tom da goat