Mission Accepted: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Pt 1

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I thought I was gonna be the lone man on the hill but so far I think we all had the same type of experience @Lootpack and @FlyRy. Great action. His movie but not as good as the 99% would suggest and maybe a half step down from the last flicks.

I got the pin and the poster too. The pin is kinda fye.

Pom Klementieff was great. I did think they tried to make her a little Harley Quinn-y at times but she was dope. She reminded me of Vicious from Cowboy Bebop at times which I wasn’t expecting but really enjoyed. I’d say she’s the standout performer

What did y’all think about the villain? Imo that’s where there was a fall off compared to the other movies. Gabriel didn’t really move me has a villian. And while AI is super pertinent in this day, I didn’t love the Entity. I really don’t think this needs to be two movies either. After watching the last spider verse movie it’s hard not to compare how each movie made me feel at the end. After the last spiderverse movie I felt like I couldn’t wait for the next movie. This one? I was just like meh :manny:. It’s still a good movie, but the last ones have put the bar impossibly high. Oh and I HATED them killing off Rebecca Ferguson’s character. Felt super forced. I really liked Ilsa.
Villain made me miss da gawd Philip Seymour Hoffman. :mjcry:

The most damning thing to me regarding Ilsa is how she started out the fight with a sword and having a huge upper hand (like…ain’t no damn way she’s losing this shyt), yet ends up killed with a little ass knife. Make it make sense. :mindblown:

She deserved way better.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Really enjoyed this. The enemy and problem was probably the scariest and most realistic in our current context. That being said, despite the film’s efforts to link it all to Ethan’s past, this was the least emotionally compelling situation for Ethan so far IMO. The stakes were high but it didn’t pull my heart strings as much as previous films in the series. I also hated that ninja girl. I just didn’t buy her character at all. Loved the way the team came together though. Luther in particular really stood out in this one. I also enjoyed watching the “making” of a new IMF member. We’ve never seen that before so that was cool. There were some WTF moments that felt contrived to make the plot work and stretch out the story but overall it was really action packed with some cool sequences. That car chase with the yellow fiat made me laugh out loud 😂 that was awesome. I honestly don’t think there is a bad MI film. I know people hate the second one but I still watch it. This one wasn’t the best in the series but it was damn good and engaging. 8.5/10

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had no idea there was a new Mission Impossible movie.( I know, I know). I bought tickets to see Spider-Man at 5pm but I got to the movies early and snuck in a MI7 screening to kill time. Five minutes in and the opening scene had me hooked. I knew I wasn’t going to watch Spidey. :heh:

It was hands down my favorite theater experience since End Game. Trust me, You do not want to watch this flick at home. You need to see it at the theater. I don’t know what it is but I felt more immersed in this movie than any other movie in recent years.

Only thing I have left to do is go back to the theater and make sure I give TC his money for a fantastic experience, but watch Spidey this time around.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw an early screening today and it was :banderas:

By far one of the best Mission movies of the franchise and honestly one of the best action movies I’ve seen ever. Tom Cruise is a damn lunatic, the fact he filmed a majority of the action scenes during PEAK covid is just

:mindblown:

This movie was so satisfying that I wasn’t even mad at the cliffhanger ending. They set up Part 2 so nicely that this movie can last me another year or 2. I really enjoyed watching this..

No wonder he was recorded going beserk on people. He had a greater mission at hand. :lolbron:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Villain made me miss da gawd Philip Seymour Hoffman. :mjcry:

The most damning thing to me regarding Ilsa is how she started out the fight with a sword and having a huge upper hand (like…ain’t no damn way she’s losing this shyt), yet ends up killed with a little ass knife. Make it make sense. :mindblown:

She deserved way better.
Yeah they were hell bent on killing her. She was nerfed big time. She even got her lines cut. See said like 3 sentences in the whole movie. Real disappointed on how they handled her character.

Man he’s the reason I love MI3. Dude was so menacing. That movie is standalone in the universe to me because of his gritty it was

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Damn. Y’all are trying to nicely say this is mid. I don’t even wanna see it no more :sadcam:
Nah it’s still good. The action alone needs to be seen on the big screen. Especially that amazing final scene. I think MI is that overachieving kid that gets A+ after A+. This movie to me is a B+. Still really good. Just not exceptional like the last 4 entries imo

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Yeah they were hell bent on killing her. She was nerfed big time. She even got her lines cut. See said like 3 sentences in the whole movie. Real disappointed on how they handled her character.

Man he’s the reason I love MI3. Dude was so menacing. That movie is standalone in the universe to me because of his gritty it was
I see folks on Reddit bringing up how she was killed with the same knife as Pom's character and how Paris managed to have a pulse at the end. Some theorizing that Ilsa may not be dead after realizing such. Sounds like cope to me but what are your thoughts on that possibility?

If that happens...would make it two death fake-outs for her in one movie. I'm not that mad about her dying, as much as I would've liked her and Ethan to ride off into the sunset, but more so on how she went out than anything else.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I see folks on Reddit bringing up how she was killed with the same knife as Pom's character and how Paris managed to have a pulse at the end. Some theorizing that Ilsa may not be dead after realizing such. Sounds like cope to me but what are your thoughts on that possibility?

If that happens...would make it two death fake-outs for her in one movie. I'm not that mad about her dying, as much as I would've liked her and Ethan to ride off into the sunset, but more so on how she went out than anything else.
People on Reddit are so pissed about her death, but they are deluding themselves here. There's no way she's alive. Her death was used as part of the motivation for Ethan to make that crazy train jump. From the POV used in the film, which was Ethan's inner thoughts, the shot of her dead on the bridge was supposed to convey how devastating that was for him and why not killing Gabriel would be so difficult.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL

Ethan can never have another love interest now imo. I think it’s cope. I’d be real surprised if it’s another fake out unfortunately. I wouldn’t have been happy about her dying one way or another but how it was done made it worse imo. It just seemed really forced