Mission Accepted: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Pt 1

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Cruise probably should’ve released it in May or June. I bet trying to schedule a movie release date is a bytch. I’m sure it’ll still do good because The MI franchise has a big fan base.

Wasn't Guardians in May? And Fast was in June. I do see there being a problem with going up against Barbie which will take away from second week sales and absolutely destroy Oppenheimer.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Wasn't Guardians in May? And Fast was in June. I do see there being a problem with going up against Barbie which will take away from second week sales and absolutely destroy Oppenheimer.
Shoulda done may.

Mi would have destroyed fast x and little mermaid.

Fast x had Rome scenes too :pachaha:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Thought it was good but not 99% Rotten Tomatoes score good. Did a rewatch of the whole series before entering the theater and I think I still favor Fallout over it. Scratch that, I do favor Fallout over it. These two-parters kinda make it tough for me to review because it really is just one part of an overarching story. I just hope the latter half packs a harder punch.

There are some eerily relevant topics from today’s climate in this. Also, Tom Cruise’s little running montages will be meme’d to death if they already weren’t before.

Pom Klementieff did a really good job in her role I thought. Left out wanting more from her. It was a jarring but ultimately welcomed sight watching her go from playing the sweet, innocent hero in Guardians to this display of savagery. :whoo:

I liked it. I did not love it. There was a fukk ton of exposition about the entity. I don't even think Oppenheimer will have that much. You nolan haters better keep the same energy. shyt became MGS2 at one point.

There are some corny MCU type humor as well I didn't like. But that last act was really fun. Train scenes are always pure cinema and we've had three high-profile ones in the past month alone. Part ones are always a bit weak or so hopefully the 8th one is stronger. I'm not into white woman but Haley Atwell is elite.

My IMAX theater gave me an IMF pin and a limited edition poster
M6JYFwhc8Pzt.jpg

I thought I was gonna be the lone man on the hill but so far I think we all had the same type of experience @Lootpack and @FlyRy. Great action. His movie but not as good as the 99% would suggest and maybe a half step down from the last flicks.

I got the pin and the poster too. The pin is kinda fye.

Pom Klementieff was great. I did think they tried to make her a little Harley Quinn-y at times but she was dope. She reminded me of Vicious from Cowboy Bebop at times which I wasn’t expecting but really enjoyed. I’d say she’s the standout performer

What did y’all think about the villain? Imo that’s where there was a fall off compared to the other movies. Gabriel didn’t really move me has a villian. And while AI is super pertinent in this day, I didn’t love the Entity. I really don’t think this needs to be two movies either. After watching the last spider verse movie it’s hard not to compare how each movie made me feel at the end. After the last spiderverse movie I felt like I couldn’t wait for the next movie. This one? I was just like meh :manny:. It’s still a good movie, but the last ones have put the bar impossibly high. Oh and I HATED them killing off Rebecca Ferguson’s character. Felt super forced. I really liked Ilsa.

Damn. Y’all are trying to nicely say this is mid. I don’t even wanna see it no more :sadcam:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Damn. Y’all are trying to nicely say this is mid. I don’t even wanna see it no more :sadcam:
Let’s not get it twisted: This is still worth the price of an admission ticket. I have my issues with it but I could tell right away McQuarrie and Cruise put a lot of effort into making it a grand cinematic experience. Not trying to come across as pretentious there, but that’s how it felt.

God forbid you wait however long until this drops on VOD and have instant regret over not catching it in the theater. Now you’re banking on a re-release when you could be watching it right now in Dolby or IMAX. :sas2:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Let’s not get it twisted: This is still worth the price of an admission ticket. I have my issues with it but I could tell right away McQuarrie and Cruise put a lot of effort into making it a grand cinematic experience. Not trying to come across as pretentious there, but that’s how it felt.

God forbid you wait however long until this drops on VOD and have instant regret over not catching it in the theater. Now you’re banking on a re-release when you could be watching it right now in Dolby or IMAX. :sas2:
Imma try to see it Friday if I can. I Guess they couldn’t keep the streak of each one being better than the next going forever.

Sounds like you never go to the theater
I got a 1 year old, You right :sadcam: