Mission Accepted: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Pt 1

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Actually I’ll wait until the broader release. I forgot it doesn’t come out till Thursday.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Thought it was good but not 99% Rotten Tomatoes score good. Did a rewatch of the whole series before entering the theater and I think I still favor Fallout over it. Scratch that, I do favor Fallout over it. These two-parters kinda make it tough for me to review because it really is just one part of an overarching story. I just hope the latter half packs a harder punch.

There are some eerily relevant topics from today’s climate in this. Also, Tom Cruise’s little running montages will be meme’d to death if they already weren’t before.

Pom Klementieff did a really good job in her role I thought. Left out wanting more from her. It was a jarring but ultimately welcomed sight watching her go from playing the sweet, innocent hero in Guardians to this display of savagery. :whoo:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I liked it. I did not love it. There was a fukk ton of exposition about the entity. I don't even think Oppenheimer will have that much. You nolan haters better keep the same energy. shyt became MGS2 at one point.

There are some corny MCU type humor as well I didn't like. But that last act was really fun. Train scenes are always pure cinema and we've had three high-profile ones in the past month alone. Part ones are always a bit weak or so hopefully the 8th one is stronger. I'm not into white woman but Haley Atwell is elite.

My IMAX theater gave me an IMF pin and a limited edition poster
M6JYFwhc8Pzt.jpg

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I liked it. I did not love it. There was a fukk ton of exposition about the entity. I don't even think Oppenheimer will have that much. You know and haters better keep the same energy. shyt became MGS2 at one point.

There are some corny MCU type humor as well I didn't like. But that last act was really fun. Train scenes are always pure cinema and we've had three high-profile ones in the past month alone. Part ones are always a bit weak or so hopefully the 8th one is stronger.

That train sequence.

e492b4e73f053a3da33b439c4b0dccf0.gif

HW5x.gif

It was still cool to see on the big screen. The sequence I had the most fun with though was the car chase. :russ: at the electric Fiat flipping down all them staircases just to get Grace back in the one place she wanted absolutely no parts of -- the driver’s seat.

Overall, the stunts here didn’t hit nearly as hard for me as the Burj Khalifa climb or Cruise’s skydive from the upper atmosphere in Fallout. Even the motorcycle jump felt like it kinda came and went. Maybe they’re saving the real big hitters for Part Two.

Something big happens to a specific character in this that’s supposed to be a game-changer for the story and it didn’t feel earned at all for me. You know who I’m talking about but I’ll reserve further comments for later this week… :francis:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I thought I was gonna be the lone man on the hill but so far I think we all had the same type of experience @Lootpack and @FlyRy. Great action. His movie but not as good as the 99% would suggest and maybe a half step down from the last flicks.

I got the pin and the poster too. The pin is kinda fye.

Pom Klementieff was great. I did think they tried to make her a little Harley Quinn-y at times but she was dope. She reminded me of Vicious from Cowboy Bebop at times which I wasn’t expecting but really enjoyed. I’d say she’s the standout performer

What did y’all think about the villain? Imo that’s where there was a fall off compared to the other movies. Gabriel didn’t really move me has a villian. And while AI is super pertinent in this day, I didn’t love the Entity. I really don’t think this needs to be two movies either. After watching the last spider verse movie it’s hard not to compare how each movie made me feel at the end. After the last spiderverse movie I felt like I couldn’t wait for the next movie. This one? I was just like meh :manny:. It’s still a good movie, but the last ones have put the bar impossibly high. Oh and I HATED them killing off Rebecca Ferguson’s character. Felt super forced. I really liked Ilsa.

Last edited:

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
I liked it. I did not love it. There was a fukk ton of exposition about the entity. I don't even think Oppenheimer will have that much. You nolan haters better keep the same energy. shyt became MGS2 at one point.

There are some corny MCU type humor as well I didn't like. But that last act was really fun. Train scenes are always pure cinema and we've had three high-profile ones in the past month alone. Part ones are always a bit weak or so hopefully the 8th one is stronger. I'm not into white woman but Haley Atwell is elite.

M6JYFwhc8Pzt.jpg
Yup I got the same poster when I left.

As far as the MCU humor while I agree, I do think they made a better way of balancing the tone. It didn’t feel as heavy as most MCU movies were. I did say it was a great movie on my other post from the last page, I gotta redact that…it was good, not great.