MILITARY STORIES

Daps
I'm 5'10". Once I left the reserves and went active I got up to about 245. I was still passing the fitness test and since I was overweight they would tape me and I would pass that too. My body was just that solid. For males the army measures your neck and waist to determine fat%. I'll try to see if I can find the formula.

Off hand do you know what your measurements are?
Naw. Its been awhile. I still feel like I wouldn't make it through bootcamp because I'm a out shape 4real

Daps
You thinking about enlisting in military
Yea., I been looking at careers and jobs they have to offer. I'm really looking for something that would give me financial stability. But the traveling, meeting new people, getting to see and explore/experience the world is something that excite me. I feel like the military would mold me into a better man and give me a chance to have a great career

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea., I been looking at careers and jobs they have to offer. I'm really looking for something that would give me financial stability. But the traveling, meeting new people, getting to see and explore/experience the world is something that excite me.
What branch? What job are you eyeing?

Daps
What branch? What job are you eyeing?
I was thinking the navy. I wanted to do something involving mechanical or Electrical or engineering. I'm still looking and learning about the careers. I wanna take my time and make sure I'm choosing something I'm interested in and not just based off of money

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was thinking the navy. I wanted to do something involving mechanical or Electrical or engineering. I'm still looking and learning about the careers. I wanna take my time and make sure I'm choosing something I'm interested in and not just based off of money
Study for the ASVAB and start working out immediately. You don’t want PT issues.

Daps
Study for the ASVAB and start working out immediately. You don’t want PT issues.
That's the plan spend the rest of the year getting in shape. Hopefully I can take the asvab around Nov/Dec. That should be enough time to get my body on point

Karume

All Star
Daps
That's the plan spend the rest of the year getting in shape. Hopefully I can take the asvab around Nov/Dec. That should be enough time to get my body on point
Breh, you can take practice asvab tests online to give you an idea on your weak points. Have you taken standardized tests like ACT or SAT?

Daps
Breh, you can take practice asvab tests online to give you an idea on your weak points. Have you taken standardized tests like ACT or SAT?
Yea I took the act in high school I score a 16 the first time. Wanted to take it over

MoveForward

Veteran
Daps
:to: My boy is a Marine and he told me when I was 21 to join the Air Force after I dropped out of college... I thought I was too old to join the military because I thought you only joined at 18, fresh out of hs. Easily one of the worst decisions I ever made.