MILITARY STORIES

Farrinto

Who's the best MCs? Biggie, Jay-Z, and Nas
Daps
Reppin
Philly
He said it smelled like piss and was demanding to know who had been pissing on the floor. The dude in the bunk next to me said that his canteen came open and that it was his water on the floor. The RDC didn't even question it and just said clean it up. I probably would have been kicked out if they knew I did that.

:whew:

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
If your first duty station is Bragg, Hood, Drum, or Lewis - you LOST and ain't shyt you can do about it.

dG2KV4N.gif

HAH! What about when your first duty station is WRAMC!

PvqPnjO.gif

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:salute:

Damn real, because infantry doesn't transfer over to civilian life.
My job has a tactical and strat side so I saw both sides of it. On one hand, the bond that you share with people that you go through the dirt with is without comparison. You will leave the field with brothers. Like I might talk all the shyt in the world about a man - but if you were to say a word about him sideways I'm putting you in vine:wow:

At the same time that way of life is for the birds:russ: fukk I look like in a hole eating cold rice for dinner when I got job security:mjlol:

Don't get lured into that shyt unless you REALLY are all about that life. It was fun for me, but it was not my main role at all. I even got an award for fitting in :youngsabo:

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
My job has a tactical and strat side so I saw both sides of it. On one hand, the bond that you share with people that you go through the dirt with is without comparison. You will leave the field with brothers. Like I might talk all the shyt in the world about a man - but if you were to say a word about him sideways I'm putting you in vine:wow:

At the same time that way of life is for the birds:russ: fukk I look like in a hole eating cold rice for dinner when I got job security:mjlol:

Don't get lured into that shyt unless you REALLY are all about that life. It was fun for me, but it was not my main role at all. I even got an award for fitting in :youngsabo:
That ain't the life for me bruh.
Never was, never will be.
I might run solo but this MedLog IT life...
:banderas:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
My niece didn't get into the school she wanted to, now she wants to join the marines. Plus, her boyfriend is joining...which is why I think she really wants to join. It's just :smh: She thinks she's taking the easy way out, but what she doesn't know is that it'll be one of the hardest things that she do.

Almost everyone I know that's in the military joined for the tuition benefit. Thing is, she already has 4-years of tuition free school already. I told her to go to the community college and transfer after a year (the school she wants to get into has a transfer program with the community college). She can even go to the ROTC as a sophomore and go in as an officer.

I have worked with the military my entire adult life, I have seen the good and the bad (especially when I was working at Fort Bragg).

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
My niece didn't get into the school she wanted to, now she wants to join the marines. Plus, her boyfriend is joining...which is why I think she really wants to join. It's just :smh: She thinks she's taking the easy way out, but what she doesn't know is that it'll be one of the hardest things that she do.

Almost everyone I know that's in the military joined for the tuition benefit. Thing is, she already has 4-years of tuition free school already. I told her to go to the community college and transfer after a year (the school she wants to get into has a transfer program with the community college). She can even go to the ROTC as a sophomore and go in as an officer.

I have worked with the military my entire adult life, I have seen the good and the bad (especially when I was working at Fort Bragg).
People who join together NEVER stay together. I can't even say I've heard rumors of that scenario existing.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
People who join together NEVER stay together. I can't even say I've heard rumors of that scenario existing.
Oh really? I didn't mention this to her. Why do you think that is? She'll be 18 next month. I imagine once that dude gets a taste of the world he's going to distance himself away from her.

Plus, I don't think they'll even be stationed together. Even married couples who enlist aren't guaranteed to go to the same place...right?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Oh really? I didn't mention this to her. Why do you think that is? She'll be 18 next month. I imagine once that dude gets a taste of the world he's going to distance himself away from her.

Plus, I don't think they'll even be stationed together. Even married couples who enlist aren't guaranteed to go to the same place...right?
You put a significant amount of new stress and distance into a relationship from either side and things break down faster than anyone can repair. At that age too? ...its extremely rare people survive a couple of weeks. Not even getting to the stuff that comes with a new duty station.

Married couples usually can get stationed together, but again, its VERY rare that those times line up like that. A lot of things have to go right and you have to be extremely persistent on your end.

For real though - I can count the number of military relationships with people younger than 23 that didn't go up in flames on one hand. Money, the work stress, -meeting new people and just getting a ton of life experience to the head, throwing your perspective-, distance, thirst, etc. I feel for any young couple trying to make it in the military. Especially first contract, dual military.