MILITARY STORIES

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Was any of yall dudes takin cash for fireguard shifts in basic? :lolbron:
who had cash? There was two prior service dudes in my Basic Training platoon and I heard near the time I graduated that they were hitting the shoppette for snacks, The shoppette was right across the street never occured to me to try to go. I didn't even know what happened to my wallet at the time.

We did have a super militant Seventh Day Adventist that we called Preach who mentioned to the Drills that he didn't work of Saturdays

DS Gary said I told you Mission First? No Problem you won't do shyt on Saturday but you will have Fireguard every other hour every night Sunday to Fridays

Even with us doing most of his shifts homie was super exhausted he fell out of the last march ( he was given the SAW) and he didn't graduate.

out of a 65 man platoon we graduated 34.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I need you military nikkas help

Do yall have any information about the NOAA Corps ?

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We're simpatico 100% diabled, multiple decorations, not really super patriotic check check check. Yeah I don't understand the culture of weedheads and yes the dudes who smoked where super militant about it. That being said when I had a squad If they smoked I didn't allow them to let me know about it but I wouldn't have done anything unless it became a problem and I never heard it being a problem regarding work from the people who smoked.

Again this isn't some super patriotic pro military thread any military person knows that all kinds of fukkery happens in every unit so I get it. With all the fukkery I've seen I'm still suprised at hearing about fukkery.

I couldn’t justify it the information and things I dealt with wasn’t worth knowingly having users in my formations. It’s a couple of Soldiers who I was able to help support and keep in but the majority were discharged or became needs of the Army.

And I’m definitely not Mr America myself. Even with my current job I can’t use. I get it I chose positions that require security clearances. In all honesty marijuana needs to be rescheduled and people should be able to use.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love

i know a dude who got masted ( article 15) for you non-navy cats... reduction in rank and half months pay x2+ 30 days restriction..... and he ended up making what he lost in pay and then some from taking peoples watches since he couldn't leave the ship anyways.

I think technically based off the rules he wasn't supposed to be standing armed watches while on restriction, but that shyt was hilarious to see someone profit from a punishment.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I did overseas but for gate guard watch I was annoyed with a damn female enough I rather do gate guard watch then even be bothered going out and seeing her stalk me cuz she didn’t take NO for a answer and even took a pic doing it that she stopped talking to me thank god

A lot of dudes did gate guard to get away from their girl wife or make a quick buck :dead:

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
I’m a DoD Contractor as well as a Reservist. I worked at Bagram, Kandahar, Erbil (which was cool), Al Asad, Djibouti and Kenya. I’m in Japan working on a different program.

I 90 days on and 90 days off. 2019 I was going to start my rotation at DJ. As soon as I land, I get sent to Simba. Simba is a strange little base. US has a base within a Kenyan base. Monkeys everywhere, baboons, black mambas (I ran one over), hyenas and the big cats. Al Shabab is lurking.

Base was tiny. Maybe 500 people max. Air Force runs security. These kids are 18-23. I rarely saw any rank. They are lax. Guard always down.

For me to get to work, I have to exit the encampment, then exit the base. It’s not too far. We had guys that walked to work. Maybe 2 miles.

Everyday maybe 50-100 Kenyans enter the base to work. You know what’s up. You can offer them anything for info.

I had no issues my rotation. I’d see security forces going up and down the runway 2-3 times a day. No problem. I got home in June then another person took my spot.

December comes around. I’m dead sleep and my Wife wakes me up crying. The base was hit. Two Contractors died.

So apparently ever since I had left, security forces got lazier and lazier. It was a day before the attack. My coworker noticed the dog the SF was feeding (pet) was barking at the bushes. They dogs are chill. I never touched them but they were harmless. He thinks that’s strange. 4 am the next morning they head to work and all is well.

Suddenly, BOOM!!! An rpg smacked an asset. My buddy just left there and was headed to the hanger. Maybe 125meters away. It’s 3 of them at the hanger. He goes into the connex. The older guy is stunned. Rounds going off everywhere. You can see the tracers because the sun hasn’t peeled out yet.

They finally get in the truck, picked up one of our guys that was hurt bad and they headed back to the Kenyan base. SF was hiding. The enemies didn’t know they were there so they lucky. Kenyans let them on base for whatever reason then they made it to camp. Camp was taking rounds and mortars.

The attack was a little early. The RTO had to go to the runway to verify something. Bumped into the combatants and got shot. He didn’t make it. Is partner hid during the whole attack and made it.

The barking dog was barking at where they laid. They camped for a few days before the attack. A few days later Bagram got hit so hard combatants made it on base. None on our side died but can you imagine eating breakfast and s**t hits the fan?

I pray I’m done with a war zone. Hoping this contract lasts and China and North Korea don’t show their a**.
Link to attack.

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
I’m older. Like another poster said, there was no cash in basic (2005). I think we used eagle cash for our hair cuts and toiletries. I don’t even know if they had atms at the shopette.
:flabbynsick:
fukking locally printed paper chit. Chicago winter 20002......new buildings weren't all built yet so I was in the old ass ship......the grace hopper......used to side eye them new ship bytches every chance I got. They didn't even have to go in the cold for fire drills and I know DAMN well the never made the room sweat or have to take a Chicago winter shower when the steam was out......that shyt almost stopped my heart

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
I’m older. Like another poster said, there was no cash in basic (2005). I think we used eagle cash for our hair cuts and toiletries. I don’t even know if they had atms at the shopette.
:flabbynsick:

I did basic in 2000 at relaxing Jackson. Week 3 these two dummies stole another recruits new debit card and pin number. They went to the ATM at the shoppette and tried to clean out not realizing ATM's have cameras. They got caught in less than 24hrs.

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
I’m a DoD Contractor as well as a Reservist. I worked at Bagram, Kandahar, Erbil (which was cool), Al Asad, Djibouti and Kenya. I’m in Japan working on a different program.

I 90 days on and 90 days off. 2019 I was going to start my rotation at DJ. As soon as I land, I get sent to Simba. Simba is a strange little base. US has a base within a Kenyan base. Monkeys everywhere, baboons, black mambas (I ran one over), hyenas and the big cats. Al Shabab is lurking.

Base was tiny. Maybe 500 people max. Air Force runs security. These kids are 18-23. I rarely saw any rank. They are lax. Guard always down.

For me to get to work, I have to exit the encampment, then exit the base. It’s not too far. We had guys that walked to work. Maybe 2 miles.

Everyday maybe 50-100 Kenyans enter the base to work. You know what’s up. You can offer them anything for info.

I had no issues my rotation. I’d see security forces going up and down the runway 2-3 times a day. No problem. I got home in June then another person took my spot.

December comes around. I’m dead sleep and my Wife wakes me up crying. The base was hit. Two Contractors died.

So apparently ever since I had left, security forces got lazier and lazier. It was a day before the attack. My coworker noticed the dog the SF was feeding (pet) was barking at the bushes. They dogs are chill. I never touched them but they were harmless. He thinks that’s strange. 4 am the next morning they head to work and all is well.

Suddenly, BOOM!!! An rpg smacked an asset. My buddy just left there and was headed to the hanger. Maybe 125meters away. It’s 3 of them at the hanger. He goes into the connex. The older guy is stunned. Rounds going off everywhere. You can see the tracers because the sun hasn’t peeled out yet.

They finally get in the truck, picked up one of our guys that was hurt bad and they headed back to the Kenyan base. SF was hiding. The enemies didn’t know they were there so they lucky. Kenyans let them on base for whatever reason then they made it to camp. Camp was taking rounds and mortars.

The attack was a little early. The RTO had to go to the runway to verify something. Bumped into the combatants and got shot. He didn’t make it. Is partner hid during the whole attack and made it.

The barking dog was barking at where they laid. They camped for a few days before the attack. A few days later Bagram got hit so hard combatants made it on base. None on our side died but can you imagine eating breakfast and s**t hits the fan?

I pray I’m done with a war zone. Hoping this contract lasts and China and North Korea don’t show their a**.

I was at KAF if we're talking about the same incident. Back then, the USG had a work program where the Afghans would come on base in do cheap labor. That program got cancelled immediately after that attack.

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
When I was stationed in Bahrain I was partying with some Thai whores out past curfew and some guy told me I needed to go home and I told him " you see these chicks, I ain't going anywhere" Well the next day I got a call from my boy who told me I got put on report and I had to move onto the base .. That guy at the bar ended up being a E8. In the end I got a suspended bust and loss of pay for 2months. Didn't get my EP eval or my End of Tour medal lol.

:dead: :dead:

Karume

All Star
Daps
any brehs ever do a sleep study? I've got one scheduled tomorrow at the VA