MILITARY STORIES

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
We can go into a deep dive about reserve shenangans but it's nothing to find whole families in a reserve unit. You got privates in the reserves who employ officers and at the end of the day most people won't serve especially on a part time basis so you have to deal with those willing to serve.

I had a weird dream where I went to summer camp or some school and all the women were fukking the dudes openly. I didn't even see who was in charge because she some reason everyone was nude and I said Who's in Charge? This diesel looking chick said I am and I said You know this is some bullshyt

she said Yeah I know then she jumped backwards out of a window and slid down a stripper pole over some people fukking outside on a hill.

Wierd dream but I remember taking over in fghanistan from a SC Guard unit and they had a basketball hoop on the facade of the Company office.
bruh one of my peers had a soldier who was maybe 19 years old. dude had a kid on the way and me, coming from the active duty aside, 'assumed' he'd been squared away with the talk on financials and resources

one smoke break im talking to this kid and thought to ask "what kind of job did you line up with the baby coming? how's the mom-to-be doing?"

this motherfukker told me with GLEE that he locked in a job at Pizza Hut :dead: :dead: and that the leftovers were all he needed after paying for diapers and formula :dead:

at that moment i knew that all that family webelookingoutforeachother is just some bullshyt they tell each other once a month while people nosedive off of the cliffside of life. can't even imagine a whole reservist deployment.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
bruh one of my peers had a soldier who was maybe 19 years old. dude had a kid on the way and me, coming from the active duty aside, 'assumed' he'd been squared away with the talk on financials and resources

one smoke break im talking to this kid and thought to ask "what kind of job did you line up with the baby coming? how's the mom-to-be doing?"

this motherfukker told me with GLEE that he locked in a job at Pizza Hut :dead: :dead: and that the leftovers were all he needed after paying for diapers and formula :dead:

at that moment i knew that all that family webelookingoutforeachother is just some bullshyt they tell each other once a month while people nosedive off of the cliffside of life. can't even imagine a whole reservist deployment.
What I noticed is that there's shytbags that fill out the ranks and there's family. I'd say half of Nasty Girl Privates couldn't pass a snap PT test.

That being said if said private sticks around picks up rank and does his job there's a ton of Help that a Reservist could get. Again theres the civilian network of jobs and even dudes who are willing to hire guys in their private businesses ( a little unethical but whatevs) Then there's the standard Cop, Prision guard jobs and civvy Fed jobs and finally there's the Techniican Program and AGR (which I was in) I knew a 92A who lost her Technician job because she failed several PT tests and she asked what she could do. I told her Ypu're a displaced federal employee I'd start applying on USA Jobs

Joe could also go to actually school meaning college there's the Montgomery GI Bill and the kicker that is extra money that the National Gaurd gives to students not to mention other state programs and scholarships, Then there's the 9/11 GI bIll Joe could live off that alone. I know I came out like a fat rat on the 9/11 GI Bill plus the Vet rehab benefits. That brings up another point I like most reservists got some VA bennies while on the guard ( That actually fukked me up because as I said I was Active Guardsman so I had to pay all that money back to the VA)

and finally there's the Guard bums who pick up extra drill days to getting on extended orders to going to several schools ( I know several people sent to different schools back to back to get additional AD time) finally there's actual deployments and special deployments I knew 3 different soliders that did gaurd duty at Fort Greely in Alaska for years because they were fukked up.

Some of the help is the Good Old boy Network but some if taking care of non shytbags who actually come to drill and do some work.

Last edited:

Unolove

All Star
Daps
What do you use to pass the random piss test?
I'm trying to get high this 4 day weekend :yeshrug:
Don’t do it I made the same decision lol it didn’t end well

Side note: when I got to duty station overseas some white dude got popped for coke in his system now peep this he hadnt left japan since getting there and coke stays in your system for three days lol this cac had the plug in Japan apparently

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
I’m a DoD Contractor as well as a Reservist. I worked at Bagram, Kandahar, Erbil (which was cool), Al Asad, Djibouti and Kenya. I’m in Japan working on a different program.

I 90 days on and 90 days off. 2019 I was going to start my rotation at DJ. As soon as I land, I get sent to Simba. Simba is a strange little base. US has a base within a Kenyan base. Monkeys everywhere, baboons, black mambas (I ran one over), hyenas and the big cats. Al Shabab is lurking.

Base was tiny. Maybe 500 people max. Air Force runs security. These kids are 18-23. I rarely saw any rank. They are lax. Guard always down.

For me to get to work, I have to exit the encampment, then exit the base. It’s not too far. We had guys that walked to work. Maybe 2 miles.

Everyday maybe 50-100 Kenyans enter the base to work. You know what’s up. You can offer them anything for info.

I had no issues my rotation. I’d see security forces going up and down the runway 2-3 times a day. No problem. I got home in June then another person took my spot.

December comes around. I’m dead sleep and my Wife wakes me up crying. The base was hit. Two Contractors died.

So apparently ever since I had left, security forces got lazier and lazier. It was a day before the attack. My coworker noticed the dog the SF was feeding (pet) was barking at the bushes. They dogs are chill. I never touched them but they were harmless. He thinks that’s strange. 4 am the next morning they head to work and all is well.

Suddenly, BOOM!!! An rpg smacked an asset. My buddy just left there and was headed to the hanger. Maybe 125meters away. It’s 3 of them at the hanger. He goes into the connex. The older guy is stunned. Rounds going off everywhere. You can see the tracers because the sun hasn’t peeled out yet.

They finally get in the truck, picked up one of our guys that was hurt bad and they headed back to the Kenyan base. SF was hiding. The enemies didn’t know they were there so they lucky. Kenyans let them on base for whatever reason then they made it to camp. Camp was taking rounds and mortars.

The attack was a little early. The RTO had to go to the runway to verify something. Bumped into the combatants and got shot. He didn’t make it. Is partner hid during the whole attack and made it.

The barking dog was barking at where they laid. They camped for a few days before the attack. A few days later Bagram got hit so hard combatants made it on base. None on our side died but can you imagine eating breakfast and s**t hits the fan?

I pray I’m done with a war zone. Hoping this contract lasts and China and North Korea don’t show their a**.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I’m a DoD Contractor as well as a Reservist. I worked at Bagram, Kandahar, Erbil (which was cool), Al Asad, Djibouti and Kenya. I’m in Japan working on a different program.

I 90 days on and 90 days off. 2019 I was going to start my rotation at DJ. As soon as I land, I get sent to Simba. Simba is a strange little base. US has a base within a Kenyan base. Monkeys everywhere, baboons, black mambas (I ran one over), hyenas and the big cats. Al Shabab is lurking.

Base was tiny. Maybe 500 people max. Air Force runs security. These kids are 18-23. I rarely saw any rank. They are lax. Guard always down.

For me to get to work, I have to exit the encampment, then exit the base. It’s not too far. We had guys that walked to work. Maybe 2 miles.

Everyday maybe 50-100 Kenyans enter the base to work. You know what’s up. You can offer them anything for info.

I had no issues my rotation. I’d see security forces going up and down the runway 2-3 times a day. No problem. I got home in June then another person took my spot.

December comes around. I’m dead sleep and my Wife wakes me up crying. The base was hit. Two Contractors died.

So apparently ever since I had left, security forces got lazier and lazier. It was a day before the attack. My coworker noticed the dog the SF was feeding (pet) was barking at the bushes. They dogs are chill. I never touched them but they were harmless. He thinks that’s strange. 4 am the next morning they head to work and all is well.

Suddenly, BOOM!!! An rpg smacked an asset. My buddy just left there and was headed to the hanger. Maybe 125meters away. It’s 3 of them at the hanger. He goes into the connex. The older guy is stunned. Rounds going off everywhere. You can see the tracers because the sun hasn’t peeled out yet.

They finally get in the truck, picked up one of our guys that was hurt bad and they headed back to the Kenyan base. SF was hiding. The enemies didn’t know they were there so they lucky. Kenyans let them on base for whatever reason then they made it to camp. Camp was taking rounds and mortars.

The attack was a little early. The RTO had to go to the runway to verify something. Bumped into the combatants and got shot. He didn’t make it. Is partner hid during the whole attack and made it.

The barking dog was barking at where they laid. They camped for a few days before the attack. A few days later Bagram got hit so hard combatants made it on base. None on our side died but can you imagine eating breakfast and s**t hits the fan?

I pray I’m done with a war zone. Hoping this contract lasts and China and North Korea don’t show their a**.
I've been trying to get an assignment in Japan for the longest time. Probably won't happen at this point in my career though.

But that hazard zone shyt I never put in for.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
After the Simba attack, I get sent to Iraq in February. First time as a contractor. Instead of going to Al Asad, they sent me to Erbil instead.

Erbil is in a Kurdish area. The Kurds are mostly Christian middle easterns. They are actually the largest ethnic group without their own state. One year they actually claimed independence from Iraq but Trump couldn’t back them. We had too much assets and people in Iraq to allow it.
,:ufdup:
So I’m in Erbil working shipments and helping the the quarantine process. We had our people quarantine for two weeks when they got in country and five days when they were headed back home.

It was wild because I would pick up FedEx packages off base and pick up food and liquor several times a week. I’ve never seen so may Mercedes trucks in my life. Dudes side pieces would be riding in AMGs with their face a bodies done.
:ehh:
Kurdish women are some of the baddest too.

One day I’m in my room chatting with the Wife. Probably 8pm and I hear a loud buzz over me. 20 seconds later, a loud boom! Shook me and my whole trailer. I laid on the ground for maybe 2 minutes to see if any gunfire or another one was coming. Put on my vest and walked to the t-walls.

We sat out there for maybe 2 hours. Come to find out it was a drone attack. It landed maybe a 300 meters from me. Nobody got hurt.

Erbil was stable though. I went to a club out there once. Soldiers really can’t venture out so I would be one of the few Brothas they’ve seen in their life. Chill people. They didn’t stare much. Really indifferent.

During the weekends they would drink and bbq on the side of the road and highways.
:pachaha:
Strangest thing.

Lex218

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A few weeks ago, my uncle told me to file a claim for the PACT ACT. Has anyone had success with this or can you tell me what to look for or do when it’s time?

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
former-navy-it-manager-sentenced-over-5-years-prison-hacking-computer-database

"Former Navy IT Manager Marquis Hooper, 32, of Selma, California, was sentenced today to five years and five months in prison for hacking a computer database that contained personally identifiable information (PII) and selling it, U.S. Attorney Phillip A. Talbert announced.

According to court records, in August 2018, Hooper opened an online account with a company that runs a database containing the PII for millions of people. The company restricts access to the database to businesses and government agencies that have a demonstrated, lawful need for the PII. Hooper, however, opened his database account by falsely representing to the company that the Navy needed him to perform background checks."

I had 0 idea that is so easy too do. But, my last 6 months in they had me working in the Security Department, and the Manager would leave it open constantly. Also would have me get on there to check people in

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
Don’t do it I made the same decision lol it didn’t end well

Side note: when I got to duty station overseas some white dude got popped for coke in his system now peep this he hadnt left japan since getting there and coke stays in your system for three days lol this cac had the plug in Japan apparently
I knew/know this Jamaican dependent who stayed blazed his wife's whole tour at Sasebo. A walking cloud.