MILITARY STORIES

Karume

All Star
Daps
Had my sleep study on Friday night. Apparently I have pretty bad sleep apnea. I was having a lot of occurences so they put a mask on me. The nurse started me on low pressure but had to increase it fairly high for me. I was started on a CPAP but was switched to a BiPAP machine. So i guess I just wait to get my official diagnosis. I was thinking I have OSA but I might have CSA as well.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

RIP.

Apparently they weren't even in a combat MOS. And they were reserves.

As much as I want on overseas assignment, this is why I never put in for position in a hazard zone.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps

RIP.

Apparently they weren't even in a combat MOS. And they were reserves.

As much as I want on overseas assignment, this is why I never put in for position in a hazard zone.

Combat MOS vs POG, AD vs Guard/Reserves, none of that matters because you're still wearing the same uniform. :francis:

The most fun I ever had was when I was downrange but if you think it's not for you, then by all means. :hubie:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Just saw somewhere that Navy is accepting sailors with no diplomas/GED as long as they can score a 50 on the ASVAB.
:francis:
McNamara's Morons redux.

I don’t see a problem with it. Army needs to do the same. My Reserve unit right now is staffed at 30%.
:mjlol:
Most people don't want to be in the military.

Military is down bad right now. $15 an hour minimum wage killing us.
:unimpressed:
Stop it. $15/hr is chicken shyt and not the reason the military can't recruit. Maybe it's the fact that recruiters lying off the jump? Fighting and possibly dying for lies? Yellow cake? Personally, I couldn't sign up to go halfway across the globe to kill another poor brown person.

Karume

All Star
Daps
Although not in the military I’ve done one. You’re probably going to have the worst sleep of your life, but the information they gather will be helpful. Is it to see how severe your OSA is?

Did one and yes you will have a terrible nights sleep.

They'll hook you up to all kinds of machines but again the data they gather will be helpful.
apparently, my AHI is 61.2, and my O2 was dropping to 76%. I get my BiPap machine in a few days.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
apparently, my AHI is 61.2, and my O2 was dropping to 76%. I get my BiPap machine in a few days.
So you were barely sleeping. Curious as to why they didn’t start you on a cpap first and then Moved to a bipap if the cpap wasn’t giving you the relief you needed. In any event good shyt breh…this is the first step to getting a good nights sleep.

Karume

All Star
Daps
So you were barely sleeping. Curious as to why they didn’t start you on a cpap first and then Moved to a bipap if the cpap wasn’t giving you the relief you needed. In any event good shyt breh…this is the first step to getting a good nights sleep.
during the sleep study they started me on a cpap first then switched to a bipap.

next step disability claim

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
aJ50xz1.jpeg

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
it's still a bit awkward using the mask but I definitely get better sleep. I am deciding if/when to try to claim sleep apnea. if I were to get service connected it would put me pretty close to 100%
That’s good glad to hear it. You having super vivid dreams yet?

Daps
you mean VRAAD? it's not an entirely new thing, but it looks like they're expanding it beyond the more exotic job positions... maybe this will lead to retention bonuses for active duty :feedme: