MILITARY STORIES

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps

like @Wiseborn said they're gonna put sensors all over your head, and chest, and hook them into a box they put around your neck. If you're a mover it's going to be very awkward and you'll be aware of it...The bed will be a piece of shyt, and there will be a camera at the top of the wall staring at you, and the red light it emits will probably keep you from relaxing. Oh and dress warm, because it's cold as hell in there. Bring a tablet or Ipad or something so you can watch movies. The wifi will probably be trash, so it's a good decision to download some stuff.

After that there will be a followup where the doctor will tell you how many "events you have per hour" and schedule another study where they have you sleep with a mask and the tech will give you a choice between

a full face mask

ResMed-AirFit-F20-1.jpg

which is what I use...or a nasal pillow

resmed-airfit-n30i-nasal-pillows-cpap-bipap-mask-cpap-store-usa-las-vegas-los-angeles-dallas-fort-wort-new-york-washington-5.jpeg

It's up to you really, but nasal pillow requires you to be a "nose breather", and if you open your mouth air is going to flow out like you're having an exorcism done.

Depending on how severe your apnea is, they will adjust the pressure and I cannot tell you how unnatural it is to have air being forced down your throat
:dame:

You will panic and will yank it off your face...which is normal. But if you stick with the treatment your quality of life will improve significantly. I might take a nap on the couch without it, but I haven't slept without my cpap in over 2 years. Good luck breh

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
Ive been out for a few months now and im on the fence on joining the reserves vs being all in before i left. Just might go ahead and file my disability and let it be

Karume

All Star
Daps
like @Wiseborn said they're gonna put sensors all over your head, and chest, and hook them into a box they put around your neck. If you're a mover it's going to be very awkward and you'll be aware of it...The bed will be a piece of shyt, and there will be a camera at the top of the wall staring at you, and the red light it emits will probably keep you from relaxing. Oh and dress warm, because it's cold as hell in there. Bring a tablet or Ipad or something so you can watch movies. The wifi will probably be trash, so it's a good decision to download some stuff.

After that there will be a followup where the doctor will tell you how many "events you have per hour" and schedule another study where they have you sleep with a mask and the tech will give you a choice between

a full face mask

ResMed-AirFit-F20-1.jpg

which is what I use...or a nasal pillow

resmed-airfit-n30i-nasal-pillows-cpap-bipap-mask-cpap-store-usa-las-vegas-los-angeles-dallas-fort-wort-new-york-washington-5.jpeg

It's up to you really, but nasal pillow requires you to be a "nose breather", and if you open your mouth air is going to flow out like you're having an exorcism done.

Depending on how severe your apnea is, they will adjust the pressure and I cannot tell you how unnatural it is to have air being forced down your throat
:dame:

You will panic and will yank it off your face...which is normal. But if you stick with the treatment your quality of life will improve significantly. I might take a nap on the couch without it, but I haven't slept without my cpap in over 2 years. Good luck breh
thanks, breh this is something I probably should have done sooner.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Just saw somewhere that Navy is accepting sailors with no diplomas/GED as long as they can score a 50 on the ASVAB.
:francis:
I don’t see a problem with it. Army needs to do the same. My Reserve unit right now is staffed at 30%.
:mjlol:
Military is down bad right now. $15 an hour minimum wage killing us.
:unimpressed:

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
Just saw somewhere that Navy is accepting sailors with no diplomas/GED as long as they can score a 50 on the ASVAB.
I don’t see a problem with it. Army needs to do the same. My Reserve unit right now is staffed at 30%.

Man shii not looking good fr battle

But to be honest this been the unspoken elephant in the room fr for years, shii coming to a head, it’s deeper than just money mane..

How the veterans were treated past couple years had the most impact imo, they are the deepest insight civilians get in our world ,short of being one of us, and they were left to dry. The people saw it. And they think in the back of their mind”this could be me, if it happened to him, what about me?”

All the real quality guys been chewed up from
OEF/OIF, which led to the drop in discipline overall.

Or if they still ready to rock out physically , mentally they through with it

My field already struggle with retention . So I know alotta people taking on responsibilities above they pay grade
:snoop:
Everyone trying to hold on to the personnel they got rn, I think our Marine brethren the only ones kinda holding a lil steady but even they feeling the line tug a lil.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Was any of yall dudes takin cash for fireguard shifts in basic? :lolbron:

Not for cash, no. They made you write down all your serial numbers to discourage theft. If you got caught with someone else's serial numbers in your wallet, that's your ass. A dude could say you robbed him, went through his wall locker, anything, and you'd be fukked all off a couple funky-ass dollars? No thanks.

We had bank cards and who wants to take a night watch when taps is 10pm and revellie is 4am.... Noooooo thanks lol .

I was in charge of setting up the EC schedule and used to have them wake me up to take a shift if the schedule was f'd up. I got extra time to roll my socks, take a shyt in peace, shave before the bathroom rush, and got to miss morning PT hella times, especially on run days. :banderas:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps

That, the fact that a lot of young folks are prolly scared of going to war, and that most of em can't pass fitness or accession medical standards. Finding people that aren't too fat & outta shape, too mentally or physically disabled, and willing to accept low pay and low promotion rates is gonna be tough.

Military recruiting is gonna be hurting for a hot minute. :francis:

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Man I went to the VA hospital today here in DC. Been having some problems moving from Hawaii. Spoke to a physiologist told him my last diagnosis was major depression disorder and insomnia from my last therapist in Hawaii. I’m telling my story and he’s like you either got PTSD or anxiety disorder. I haven’t got my main psychiatrist or therapist here yet. I signed up though. I’m going to be redoing my claim. Outside of putting my intent to file. Anything else I should do? I have my medical records getting sent to me from my last therapist anything else I should be working on or doing? I called DAV to help with the claim process cause I don’t know how to fill that paperwork out.

TaxCollector13459

Daps
Man I went to the VA hospital today here in DC. Been having some problems moving from Hawaii. Spoke to a physiologist told him my last diagnosis was major depression disorder and insomnia from my last therapist in Hawaii. I’m telling my story and he’s like you either got PTSD or anxiety disorder. I haven’t got my main psychiatrist or therapist here yet. I signed up though. I’m going to be redoing my claim. Outside of putting my intent to file. Anything else I should do? I have my medical records getting sent to me from my last therapist anything else I should be working on or doing? I called DAV to help with the claim process cause I don’t know how to fill that paperwork out.
Have you been seeing providers strictly thru military channels? Or have you seen anyone through your own pocket?

Maybe having one or two civilian therapist visits where you had to pay will show them hey we need to get on this faster, since more than one entitiy is working on you, maybe?

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Have you been seeing providers strictly thru military channels? Or have you seen anyone through your own pocket?

Maybe having one or two civilian therapist visits where you had to pay will show them hey we need to get on this faster, since more than one entitiy is working on you, maybe?
Through military channels I got outsourced from the VA with my first therapist. You know I actually had to pay cause they messed up and used my primary insurance from my company HMSA instead of the VA insurance and they was charging me and I didn’t know.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Through military channels I got outsourced from the VA with my first therapist. You know I actually had to pay cause they messed up and used my primary insurance from my company HMSA instead of the VA insurance and they was charging me and I didn’t know.
in DC.... i *THINK* you can get outsourced doctors as long as you get the right paperwork to do so first. the VA out here is slammed so the minute you make it clear that any waitlist is beyond what you find adequate, you can get the documentation needed to go elsewhere

and elsewhere is where you need to be in order to ensure your mental health is recorded properly and without the "soldier is struggling to reacclimate, give it time" jargon that slows up disability rating and pay

TaxCollector13459

Daps
gahdang mane smh