MILITARY STORIES

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
I remember when I did the course Pre course before BNCOC ( I forgot what that was called but it's the course for E-4 P's) we had a high speed PFC who already had his EIB we were on a mountain looking at the map in the rain and homie pulled out the 550 cord guts and used the finest strand to plot the course. I never forgot that we planned the route around the mountains (because you know they had to make us cross a saddle to fukk us up)

That helped me not look stupid on the Team because you could get super lost in the jungle or the desert with no terrain points to go by.

I only did Land Nav a handful of times. Lot of people hated it, I liked it. Probably would be cool to get back into (less crowds, outdoors).

One good thing about the East Coast, a lot of forest. It’s either the beach or desert out here

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man if you have a JTAC/TACP with you and air support/fire support you literally have miracles on demand. One rager I knew said JTACs were the deadliest mofos on the battlefield. I tend to agree, especially when shyt hits the fan.

Sounds good on paper until you get a bunch of down for maintenance or bingo on fuel at the most in opportune times.

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
I knew a guy in the 82nd who said he was a Sergeant 3 Times dude was an E-6 when I met him. That probably is not allowed now.

Hell I met a dude who was an E-6 during the training for the Iraq War, turns out he was a veteran of on '91 war. I was a 9/11 volunteer and I was old but I said I was way too young for that one how are you still a Staff Seregant? I wasn't clowning him I was generally surprised.

Lots of those especially with some of my Army buddies. Mf went from MSgt to SSgt 3 times lol and knew an AF Capt that went from O-3 to TSgt. I never knew that whole story but Army guy said he was fukking up left and right! :manny: fukking other NCOs wives and shyt. Getting caught! One Sgt threw his ass over a car lol and the 1st Sgt had to save his ass in front of the battalion. Wild shyt. One AF guy was fukking a soldiers wife in Germany ( K Town I think) dude came out the field and went ape shyt in the NCO club! Putting Mfs to sleep!:mjlol: They gave his ass an Article 15 and busted him down to PFC lol

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
why you aint like colorado breh? Thats rather where id be stationed

In the Air Force it’s a HQ base. Lots of a$$holes and dikkheads who think they are important. Mfs kept me from progressing on the job so I packed it in. Their last fukkyou to me was not writing me a medal. I hated going to work there. Korea was much better. Work was hard in Korea but it’s was 100 times better for me.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
i used to hate when they would restrict guns without overwatch lost plenty of potential targets waiting for clearance of fires
When I was in Fallujah the Tanks needed a LTC's permission to do a Tank shot. Granted this was after the battle but still, Why have Tanks on raodwatch if they can't fire if needed?

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
When I was in Fallujah the Tanks needed a LTC's permission to do a Tank shot. Granted this was after the battle but still, Why have Tanks on raodwatch if they can't fire if needed?

Ol armchair QB shyt huh? Leading from the desk sir! man, I hated that shyt. Some a$$hole trying to call shots instead of the folks on the ground. As a young Fire Team leader I was told to jack in hardwire to the CP. I'm like :hhh: for fukking what? No active enemies or nothing just broadcast it on the net. Told me to RV to sector CP and wait for instructions. This was during the Gulf aftermath. We were carrying a M-60 mounted on the T&E. I went in and the Capt told me to go to specific coordinates overlooking the runway (runway denial)pretty much on a cliff. I put the pig on full load. SOP was to engage anybody who didn't look like 'us' or anybody in the SAM footprints but Capt wanted me to call him? I said ok, but sir, what if it's an ambush sir, we get off the X and I'm mashing through? The Senior (E-8) cut him off and said kill any motherfukker that's fukking around out there! You copy that?!! I said HUOAH! :lolbron:And got the fukk onto my mission. Laughiiiiing my asss off! Rotator buzzed us about 200 feet we were up so high. Wasn't my turn to leave yet though. MFs was waving at us through the windows. :mjcry:

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
That happened once to the Team I was with. The birds were bingo and had to go back, but they did a couple of passes like they were gonna drob bombs the Tali scattered and the Team ran out.

You guys take any casualties?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I remember when I did the course Pre course before BNCOC ( I forgot what that was called but it's the course for E-4 P's) we had a high speed PFC who already had his EIB we were on a mountain looking at the map in the rain and homie pulled out the 550 cord guts and used the finest strand to plot the course. I never forgot that we planned the route around the mountains (because you know they had to make us cross a saddle to fukk us up)

That helped me not look stupid on the Team because you could get super lost in the jungle or the desert with no terrain points to go by.
The course was called the Warrior Leader Course.

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
What course/school was your most satisfying to pass?

For me it would be SERE school. That sucked big time. Can’t go into specifics , but I really felt like I learned a lot . Lost 15 lbs in a week

The other would have to be OEMS. It was run by retired 18D. This is the school where they used to pull out huge pigs and shoot/blow up/ etc. School was in San Diego, but the old mayor caught wind of it and had it shut down. Idiotic move on his part. Pigs anatomy is the one most comparable to ours