MILITARY STORIES

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
Brah how long are u gone keep pretending like u going in the military?

Ya whole post history is asking shyt and talking like u bout to go in:mjlol:

Yeah wanted to do Air Force years ago but had a bad experience with the recruiter. Life issues came up so I ditched the military idea (but it was always in the back of the mind). Don't want to grow old and regret not joining.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
You are missing your entitlements and allowances. When you sale leave you are just getting basic pay calculated.

Legit confused as hell right now. :mindblown:

If I had 80 days of leave and sell 60 straight up, I get basic pay for sixty days minus whatever they take out for taxes.

My entitlements and allowances don't change because I'm still on the hook for my contract's end. Then theoretically you could take 20 days of terminal.

You'd still get all those other things, no?

Son Goku

Daps
:lolbron: No smart man has faith in a military woman I see

Shouldn't have "faith" in any woman, military or civilian, unless her name is Mom Dukes, Big/Little Sis, or Nana. :birdman:

Some of these chicks are squared away and prolly no better/worse than a civilian broad. Some of them are very unstable, and will ruin your life. I don't see any pros or cons unless she's guaping and you're tryna hitch your wagon to it.

:yeshrug:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Yeah wanted to do Air Force years ago but had a bad experience with the recruiter. Life issues came up so I ditched the military idea (but it was always in the back of the mind). Don't want to grow old and regret not joining.
Then just join now:dahell:

I knew i would have regretted not joining the Army especially when a war popped off

I didnt want to be an old man looking back on missing that adventure

U really cant even take a service member word for how shyt is
Cause the experience is subjective to the individual
U have far less chances pf even being KIA now than when the war popped off

So u dont even have to be worried about that

Join
Travel the globe
fukk beaucoup hoes

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

I knew i would have regretted not joining the Army especially when a war popped off

Join
Travel the globe
fukk beaucoup hoes
for real its nothing to make an entire ordeal about and drag out for years... either do it or don't. even if the military shyt seems fascinating or an option to be taken seriously, the process for joining is basically meet the requirements and sign the paper

once you're in its :unimpressed: depending on how your fukked up sense of humor and rationalizations develops

Son Goku

Daps

Join
Travel the globe
fukk beaucoup hoes

His ass was talking cyber jobs, unless he got sent downrange and caught a rocket or mortar in the camp his ass ain't finna be no KIA. :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Prolly got a better chance catching a hot one in right now America then downrange anyways. :hubie:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Legit confused as hell right now. :mindblown:

If I had 80 days of leave and sell 60 straight up, I get basic pay for sixty days minus whatever they take out for taxes.

My entitlements and allowances don't change because I'm still on the hook for my contract's end. Then theoretically you could take 20 days of terminal.

You'd still get all those other things, no?

See this is the issue situations are unique to individuals. But the bluf is you will be taxed at a higher percentage. You will still collect your entitlements. Also remember you still collect 2.5 days of leave until your ets date.

So to sale your leave you are working up to X day and giving back the remaining days for money. If you just take the leave until your ETS you aren’t selling it back but you are generally taxed at a lower rate. And you can work a job (not federal) up until your ETS date.

so it’s a personal decision but generally you will come out ahead without selling the leave. Especially if you are an SM who isn’t already collecting BAH/BAS.

Son Goku

Daps
If you join a mos without a lot of females and are active you will see the same 10 females everyday from your unit especially if you are at small duty station in the middle if nowhere. :francis:

Kinda true, but there's other broads from other units everywhere: commissary, gyms, medical, personnel office, everywhere.

Just gotta go places on post/base and network. :francis:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
If you join a mos without a lot of females and are active you will see the same 10 females everyday from your unit especially if you are at small duty station in the middle if nowhere. :francis:
and they get more attractive every week :unimpressed: i will confirm the struggle does it exist and it is real

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Kinda true, but there's other broads from other units everywhere: commissary, gyms, medical, personnel office, everywhere.

Just gotta go places on post/base and network. :francis:
Im talking extremely small base in a foreign country in the country side. Gotta drive an hour+ to get to a real city

Son Goku

Daps
See this is the issue situations are unique to individuals. But the bluf is you will be taxed at a higher percentage. You will still collect your entitlements. Also remember you still collect 2.5 days of leave until your ets date.

So to sale your leave you are working up to X day and giving back the remaining days for money. If you just take the leave until your ETS you aren’t selling it back but you are generally taxed at a lower rate. And you can work a job (not federal) up until your ETS date.

so it’s a personal decision but generally you will come out ahead without selling the leave. Especially if you are an SM who isn’t already collecting BAH/BAS.

Ah, so we are tracking the same.

Yeah, unless I had something lined up that paid more, I'm selling any excess and having em hold the job right quick.

But then again I always have PTO. No boss Most bosses ain't finna let me skate on terminal for 100 day straight.