MILITARY STORIES

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
To all the Vets: Thank you for your service!

e078b9c16d3bcc9b16e59c5f62eea70f.gif

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Happy Veterans Day fellas:blessed:

Shout out to al the dudes with a four year contract that got chaptered out in their second year, complained all the time, ducked deployments and still managed to get out with 50% disability who are posting TBT photos in Uniform and down at the Cracker Barrel demanding a free meal.

Last edited:

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
what was the final straw in not making it a career?
Ship life as ship's company, which means that you're attached to a ship. As ship's company, you have to get damage control qualifications (firefighting shyt), do 3-M shyt (maintenance of the ship and it's components), get qualified to stand watches on your duty days, THEN do your normal job, while being excellent at all of it.

The amount of work that needs to be completed on a daily basis while facing all of the challenges above on top of being undermanned is hellacious.

The pay isn't worth the work at all. shyt is trash. I'm an E-4 that works 9-10 hours a day doing low-level supply chain management (inventories, stowing, etc.) and mid-level SCM( typing up transportation forms, organizing & conducting large warehouse moves, managing warehouse inventory, etc.) for a net pay of $25,800 without allowances.

In Cali, I could be doing the latter for like 60-70K. Hell, I could transfer over to the GS side and make similar to that with my experience.

The Solid One

Superstar
Daps
Ship life as ship's company, which means that you're attached to a ship. As ship's company, you have to get damage control qualifications (firefighting shyt), do 3-M shyt (maintenance of the ship and it's components), get qualified to stand watches on your duty days, THEN do your normal job, while being excellent at all of it.

The amount of work that needs to be completed on a daily basis while facing all of the challenges above on top of being undermanned is hellacious.

The pay isn't worth the work at all. shyt is trash. I'm an E-4 that works 9-10 hours a day doing low-level supply chain management (inventories, stowing, etc.) and mid-level SCM( typing up transportation forms, organizing & conducting large warehouse moves, managing warehouse inventory, etc.) for a net pay of $25,800 without allowances.

In Cali, I could be doing the latter for like 60-70K. Hell, I could transfer over to the GS side and make similar to that with my experience.
Just do 4 years and leave.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps