MILITARY STORIES

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
The Navy has a great plan for saving money :troll:

Link to USNI Article

cuts will include:

-Closing 46 Auto Hobby Shops.
-Reduce manning at 10 Morale Welfare and Recreation beaches.
-Delay furniture replacement in five barracks.
-Close base libraries in the U.S.
-Cut half the base support vehicles.
-Reduce gym hours.
-Reduce pools on base.
-Cut back on landscaping and custodial services.
-Reductions in overtime.
-Restrict ship operations to Monday through Friday to avoid overtime

Basically, if you are not married, you don't count for shyt. Why close things that directly influence physical and mental well being. Single sailors reading this, concentrate on yourself and the job. Don't get married to move out of the barracks. Call your congressman, this is totally unacceptable.

The landscaping and custodial cut backs I do understand :russ:. Why pay when the labor is free?
If the navy was how it is now when i first joined I woulda did my 4 years and dipped

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
How’s retirement? I got 9 years to go:damn:

So worth it. Once you hit 15, it’s all downhill (unless you wanna make Chief).

I have the Disability and Retirement, so make sure you are going to Medical for any/everything. fukk anyone who tries to talk shyt because you go to Sickcall

Not going to lie, it was definitely an adjustment when I got out. Make sure that your finances are good, that’s what made it hard for me

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Going on my first TDY
Any tips or tricks?
I have only been TDY three times. I don't know how it is for military but for civilians I always buy everything with my own money and pocket the per diem.

No need to keep receipts if you don't use your government credit card.

I would eat cheap...it's like an extra pay day. My first time I see why all the senior management would go TDY all the time. They pocket all that money.

Last edited:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I'm keeping optimistic breh but he aint even reply :mjcry: I just want to see brothas win in life

:stopitslime: You knew that fat motherfukker wasn’t suited for service before you posted that dumb shyt. Him joining up only to fail shortly later is not "brothas winning in life".

Fat, lazy, timid, unintelligent brehs have no place in the Air Force:scust:

Dude was so trash his recruiter wouldn’t let his ass take an ASVAB. And instead of googling answers to a lot of his questions, he would post up on here then get mad when you told him the truth.

Be too :flabbynsick: to pass your 7WOT PT Test, IFC Class III and SERE physicals but want to be a flyer, brehs. :deadmanny:

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have only been TDY three times. I don't know how it is for military but for civilians I always buy everything with my own money and pocket the per diem.

No need to keep receipts if you don't use your government credit card.

I would eat cheap...it's like an extra pay day. My first time I see why all the senior management would go TDY all the time. They pocket all that money.
Appreciate it

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
:stopitslime: You knew that fat motherfukker wasn’t suited for service before you posted that dumb shyt. Him joining up only to fail shortly later is not "brothas winning in life".

Fat, lazy, timid, unintelligent brehs have no place in the Air Force:scust:

Dude was so trash his recruiter wouldn’t let his ass take an ASVAB. And instead of googling answers to a lot of his questions, he would post up on here then get mad when you told him the truth.

Be too :flabbynsick: to pass your 7WOT PT Test, IFC Class III and SERE physicals but want to be a flyer, brehs. :deadmanny:

I hoped the breh was making strides in life accomplishing his goals. If he isn't that's a shame. Wasn't posting no "dumb shyt" i don't play that bullshyt, I want to see the dude do well I'm not on that negativity shyt

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I hoped the breh was making strides in life accomplishing his goals. If he isn't that's a shame. Wasn't posting no "dumb shyt" i don't play that bullshyt, I want to see the dude do well I'm not on that negativity shyt

We’ll have to agree to disagree. :hubie:

Wasn’t even tryna come at you sideways, but can’t-listen ass dudes like him piss me off to no end. :upsetfavre:

Dude couldn’t even get right enough to join but was worried about post-active duty contracting jobs before he even had a ship date. :snoop: