MILITARY STORIES

Daps
@Wiseborn You can kind of see the mutual protection (in the video) when they attempt to hit a difficult target with the AT-4. The brad moves up to REALLY hit it with a TOW. A fighter(s) possibly tries to hit the Brad with an RPG, before it can back off, so the infantry kills/suppresses the fighter(s) with the 240. When conditions are met (another fire team/squad is on line with them or covering them from across the street) they will move up and clear the next house. They work both sides of the streets and alleyways, leapfrogging with other squads and the Brads until they cleared a whole block.

I’m not sure how marines do it (maybe @TheDarkskinnedDrake can clarify) but Many Army units will skip houses/structures and employ “back clearing” to keep the enemy on their toes. It helps smaller units move faster when clearing blocks of structures. You can also use vehicles/armor to create distractions and feints. SF and Seals used to do this to us all the time when I was OPFOR at Irwin lol.
we do the same thing even setting up fake breaches prior to entering we’d blow a random compound wall

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Y'all Army motherfukkas have cows walking round shytting around y'all's bases? :picard:

I hope I don't end up at one. They sound turrible and something tells me we don't get hardship pay for working on one. :huhldup:
those cows got bodies

fukk around. you will find out
:mjcry:
When they fukk up and leave the bear gears open at Lewis. We had tarantulas and coyotes hanging out in the barracks at ft. Irwin plus the sidewinders and wild burros in the training area. And we dodged skunks all summer at Campbell. I almost forgot the wild horses at Polk and who the fukk knows what goes on in Alaska
i've seen moose shut down the gate in alaska more than a few times.

arizona was some other shyt.... actually got stalked by big cats out there :mjcry:

Superstar
Daps
those cows got bodies

arizona was some other shyt.... actually got stalked by big cats out there :mjcry:

:mjlol:
Imagine being the first line, of a joe, who’s the reason you have to get cow safety briefings lol. How you get murked out by a cow?!

PSG: :gucci:
“Aye sarn’t! So we just letting joe get snuffed out by stray cows, now?! Where was his roommate? Why didn’t you know about this, sarn’t? We can’t just let Joe walk all over us...”

:ehh:
1SG: “one less name on the roster, is all his TA-50 in his room?”

Last edited:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
those cows got bodies

:dahell:

An alligator shut down a gate once while SF pushed/walked it out of the road. :dwillhuh:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Imagine being the first line, of a joe, who’s the reason you have to get cow safety briefings lol. How you get murked out by a cow?!

PSG: :gucci:
“Aye sarn’t! So we just letting joe get snuffed out by stray cows, now?! Where was his roommate? Why didn’t you know about this, sarn’t? We can’t just let Joe walk all over us...”

:ehh:
1SG: “one less name on the roster, is all his TA-50 in his room?”

:russ: I'm in tears.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

"we need medics at the TOC, SM got stomped the fukk out by 3-4 atropian cattle :unimpressed:" was an annual call at ironhorse rampage

be wondering who it was the whole time then get back to main cantonment and see some white boy walking around with half his lip gone completely, lumped up, and wheezing while holding his ribs trying to eat in peace at the dfac

sgm hopping out the cut after catching you staring "it can happen to you pri :damn: "

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
"we need need medics at the TOC, SM got stomped the fukk out by 3-4 atropian cattle :unimpressed:" was an annual call at ironhorse rampage

be wondering who it was the whole time then get back to main cantonment and see some white boy walking around with half his lip gone completely, lumped up, and wheezing while holding his ribs trying to eat in peace at the dfac

sgm hopping out the cut after catching you staring "it can happen to you pri :damn: "

:russ:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
bro..... you have soft played yourself in more ways than one for the past few pages and everyone here is chill enough to not rub your face in it

we all don't give a fukk because we've acted like you at some point in the past :flabbynsick: now, politely, hop off my dikk

"but but but you never had soldiers :damn: what about counseling??? "

you don't even realize the signs you're putting up with shyt like that. for real

:hubie:
Ok Holmes let’s just drop it. Tell an interesting story or two and leave it at that

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: This reminds of being in the field sitting in the defense and talking shyt from hole to hole
Word up this would be a random ass conversation on a field promblem.

I remember arguing with a dude on a operation in Afghanistan and it got so heated I contemplated shooting him. Then I thought how stupid that would look on death row in levanworth.

I think it started over what kind of vacation we would take when we got back to Bragg.

he ended by saying “all I care about is what happens on the first and the fifteenth” I agreed with him

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
No we have radios, tactical texting, and sat phones. I mean before that comms were an issue...you can even have a desk and computer.

talking about the doctrinal purposes of forces vs the current use of combat forces is an extremely in-depth topic. Just look at The different Corps.
Not looking for an in-depth discussion but they don’t make too many movies about armored warfare outside of World War II. I’d assume a man pack or a commo truck could route comma to everyone not counting what’s on the tracks and the blue force tracker and falcon view

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
The farmers who own those cows gets paid a grip as I recall if they are hurt...if they are hurt whole chain of command needs to see the garrison CDR and explain...same for the endangered animals also.
Everything that happens on patrol needs to be explained in the AAR. We had a fraidy cat gunner that put a 50 cal round in the ground at a he mere sound of trouble (this was in Iraq) his crew thought he was great till they realized that a mission got scratched every time he did that. He was taken off the line and I think they send him back.

I know he got happy pills from the base psych so I’ll bet he has a VA check coming to him every month.

shout out to him

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
The farmers who own those cows gets paid a grip as I recall if they are hurt...if they are hurt whole chain of command needs to see the garrison CDR and explain...same for the endangered animals also.
Also every battalion commander had 500k as walking around money for special projects and for damages. I remember they did have to pay for this cow that got killed by a mine he she wandered or was sent to our fire base

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also every battalion commander had 500k as walking around money for special projects and for damages. I remember they did have to pay for this cow that got killed by a mine he she wandered or was sent to our fire base

I believe you are thinking about CERP/FOO funds for overseas. That’s what those funds were used for to help build schools and soccer fields.

I’m talking about the cows on Fort Hood. Yeah overseas they would fill out a form and request funds and our foo guy would come out and pay them...Or if we damaged their property we would pay them. Someone else would come out if casualties occurred.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Well I could say that an SF recon team is stealthy and so far forward that they have to be able to kick ass too, but I don’t want to start another flame war. Do y’all carry SAW’s AT-4s and shyt?

but fukk that. My issue is a career one if a high speed scout is stuck at E-8 and maybe running a school or on staff and he sees rando Infrantry dudes making 9 or even becoming normative SGM chances are he’ll tell every high speed e-6 to reclass to infantry if they want to make rank and will lead to a talent drain.

it doesn’t make sense