Mike Tirico finally came out as half black

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I wonder what the late great Stuart Scott must have thought when he first met him at ESPN in the early 90s.

Poor Stu must have seen the guieh and felt:gladbron: . Probably came up and said, "Hey, what's up brotha!":mjgrin:

Only to be rebuffed
full
"Brother? I beg your pardon, sir. But I have no siblings"

Stu must have been :wtf:

I've heard Bomani talk several times on his podcast about Mike Tirico and his "blackness".... Sounds like he had a similar experience as described here. That was the first I had heard about it, and was fascinated by the level of denial it would take for a dude to look the way he looks and then say, yeah, I'm not black....

Rasille

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
Like I said before these mixed people with a black parent is always “confused” about their race. I don’t see Asian/white mixed people and other combinations having this internal struggle about their identity. They just don’t like the fact that they’re black.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Like I said before these mixed people with a black parent is always “confused” about their race. I don’t see Asian/white mixed people and other combinations having this internal struggle about their identity. They just don’t like the fact that they’re black.
Nah, this isn't true.

*Not every mixed/biracial person is "confused" by their identity.

*There definitely are half Asian/half White people who have struggled with their identity. If you search up, "hapas" then you'll see.

Rasille

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
Nah, this isn't true.

*Not every mixed/biracial person is "confused" by their identity.

*There definitely are half Asian/half White people who have struggled with their identity. If you search up, "hapas" then you'll see.
I never said everyone of them are confused. I’m saying that I’ve seen far more mix people with a black parent confused about their race than any other non black combinations.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
More like why is he hating on his black dad who more than likely didn’t even know he existed when it was his mom lying and her husband who abandon them.
Exactly. It's not as if his black dad walked out on him - it was a fling that he probably didn't even know resulted in a kid. It's the moms fault for cheating, and without protection

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
LOL he finally accepted that his mother was a whore who cheated on her husband and he left, but instead of call his mom out as a whore, he goes with his dad smashed and dashed.

There is a real possibility his biological dad doesn't even know he exists, because his mom literally lied to her husband and to him that her husband was his real dad. SMH

Men be careful with the women you choose to sleep with
This dumb shyt got dapped :mjlol:

Boy y'all need severe therapy