Midnight Mass-Limited Series From the Creator of Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor (Netflix)

taker597

Superstar
Daps
As a former Catholic that lost faith working in a Covid hospital. It was relief to have how I feel to be conveyed. I had so much built up resentment and anger to all the hypocrisy and wasting so much time with it.

Show put me at peace with a lot of my issues. Still have no faith and I don't think I'll ever regain that.

Last edited:
Daps
Spoilers and whatnot.

I guess they're portraying Christian extremists as the most deviant? How can the pure blood vamp be compromised by a few cuts to his wings. Considering its blood reversed paralysis, dementia, aging itself no telling what else. It was set on fire, shot in the head, but unable to heal its wings rubs me the wrong way. I mean it was ambiguous on whether he made it out safe by sunrise.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Show was cool. Like I said I got a little bored during the preaching but it was aight. Some of the monolgues were a little too winded to the point it felt kinda unnatural in the flow of a real conversation cause one person is just talking for mins.
The overall story is good tho.

One thing tho I dont know shyt bout the Bible
Angels really be outchea eating folks like vampires in that joint? :dahell:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Show was cool. Like I said I got a little bored during the preaching but it was aight. Some of the monolgues were a little too winded to the point it felt kinda unnatural in the flow of a real conversation cause one person is just talking for mins.
The overall story is good tho.

One thing tho I dont know shyt bout the Bible
Angels really be outchea eating folks like vampires in that joint? :dahell:
If I can recall correctly angels that fall, leave, or become kicked out of heaven become demons[/spoilers]

-Just finished this. Enjoyed it all the way until the finale which became a clusterf*ck

I didn't get the whole angel/demon dude. He's out of control and wild blood sucking monster one minute then he's fully clothed, cool asf, and stopping by the rec center and then he attends mass mass? Which one is it? Then I didn't see the upside in becoming one of those things as yeah I guess you can live forever but you can't go outside until the sun goes down:unimpressed:And you burned your town down:what: Also didn't think it would turn into The Walking Dead in the finale and the strongest character Riley shouldn't have gotten killed off imo. This show was absolutely great up until the final.[/spoilers]

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I thought Hill House and Bly Manor were both mid. Gonna skip this based on what I've read in here.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
If I can recall correctly angels that fall, leave, or become kicked out of heaven become demons[/spoilers]

-Just finished this. Enjoyed it all the way until the finale which became a clusterf*ck

I didn't get the whole angel/demon dude. He's out of control and wild blood sucking monster one minute then he's fully clothed, cool asf, and stopping by the rec center and then he attends mass mass? Which one is it? Then I didn't see the upside in becoming one of those things as yeah I guess you can live forever but you can't go outside until the sun goes down:unimpressed:And you burned your town down:what: Also didn't think it would turn into The Walking Dead in the finale and the strongest character Riley shouldn't have gotten killed off imo. This show was absolutely great up until the final.[/spoilers]

@portcityplaya angels don’t do what that “angel” did in all honesty that was pretty much a demon/vampire if not to confuse you it was a vampire but I’d imagine demons can do exactly the same thing but the sun doesn’t bother them like vampires..

@pete clemenza I totally agree about the ending… I think it made sense for the most part but to me Father Pruitt who was the strongest character once he delivers his final sermon he’s def not delivering it with the same power and conviction from previous messages…

Maybe he’s feeling unsettled ok… but as his character presence diminishes I think the show goes a lil sour. I have no problem with the vampire acting “cool” in the church it’s a very smart creature and knows what’s about to happen.

My biggest gripe is does Father Pruitt ever figure out he got bamboozled/led astray?

Also this show makes Catholics look hella cray cray and I would totally understand people’s gripe with their rituals… and religion

Erin’s monologue about death was the weakest longest most dreadful thing ever too :camby:

I really liked the show until the ending left me like :dwillhuh: 8/10 though my girl gives it the same and squid game a 7/10 from her.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Good show, really good show. Only complaint and what could be a possible turn off to a lot of people, is the damn self indulgence monologues. This show would be a 10/10 if it wasn’t for the minutes wasted on the actors giving a 15 min speech in-between the story. Like whoever wrote the dialogue was legitimately sucking his own dikk.

But damn the characters were all amazing, the acting was good. The atmosphere/music was top notch.