Midnight Mass-Limited Series From the Creator of Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor (Netflix)

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
It loses me during the preachy parts.
Feel like I'm in church again so I automatically tune out
One of the main characters is a priest, another is a lapsed Catholic, with the creator often drawing on these elements in his other projects.

You're watching the wrong series. :mjlol:

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
You should’ve put from the creator of hill and bly in the title. I’m shocked this only at two pages. I’m at ep 5, it’s a slower burn and predictable but still enjoying it. Will be interesting to see where I’ll rank it

edit: just finished ep 4, no:mjcry:

Last edited:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
It loses me during the preachy parts.
Feel like I'm in church again so I automatically tune out
It’s kinda got an anti-religious message tbh, not completely against it, but definitely not pro. This was a great series, I would’ve ended it
with Erin’s final monologue because I thought it was beautiful, was like a mixture of Alan Watts and Carl Sagan. didn’t think it was necessary to see what actually happened to everyone else as we already knew

the talks about death were pretty deep and well done.

I also didn’t find it predictable, really enjoyed it. Hamish Linklater was a real treat. Absolutely killed his performance.

some of you ADHD mf’s are pathetic. The show doesn’t work if you don’t know or care about the characters and building characters requires dialogue.

Last edited:

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
On episode 5, this shyt is fire! A little long winded with the dialog at times but it's done extremely well imo. I like the setting and the island also
Bro, something about island settings just hit different. I think it’s the isolation from the mainland. I need to watch storm of the century again:wow:

Can’t wait to finish this tonight, gonna grab some pizza and wine.