Microsofts confirms activision/blizzard games will remain on PS and Nintendo after agreements

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What was said before wasn’t as definitive as what was said today. Before it was about ‘desires’, today it was about ‘commitment’.
The paragraphs before and after give the statement of remaining on Playstation more context.

In addition, this post today wasn’t about consoles and Call of Duty. It was about app store regulations and getting this deal approved. So they weren’t going to go over every little detail about how they intend to do multiplatform releases moving forward. Also, this wasn’t a Phil Spencer blog, it was a Brad Smith blog so the tone and focus will be different.

I think they made it pretty clear today. Due to fear of upsetting regulators(and nothing else), MS will not shake the boat. They will continue to work with Playstation and Nintendo in regards to Call of Duty [the franchise] and ‘other popular Activision-Blizzard IP’ after the deal closes.

This MS blog post was a public declaration of intent to which they can now be held accountable. The blog post itself kinda hand waved consoles off as a small market in the grand scheme of things, so they probably don’t even care that much about keeping Acti-Blizz stuff exclusive.
All they have to do is add that work before Call of Duty. Say all the games and make them have parity between platforms.

shyt is like Square Enix saying Final Fantasy will be available on Nintendo platforms and they get Crystal Chronicles while others get the main line games. Or if Rockstar saying GTA will be on Nintendo platforms and it's the old trilogy while GTA VI isn't there. If you don't nail these corporations down they'll dance around their own carefully worded statements and technically not make a false statement while misleading you.

Since Microsoft went halfway I expect that to be a condition of the merger with very specific language and at least a time frame they have to abide by. Watch that not happen though.

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
All they have to do is add that work before Call of Duty. Say all the games and make them have parity between platforms.

shyt is like Square Enix saying Final Fantasy will be available on Nintendo platforms and they get Crystal Chronicles while others get the main line games. Or if Rockstar saying GTA will be on Nintendo platforms and it's the old trilogy while GTA VI isn't there. If you don't nail these corporations down they'll dance around their own carefully worded statements and technically not make a false statement while misleading you.

Since Microsoft went halfway I expect that to be a condition of the merger with very specific language and at least a time frame they have to abide by. Watch that not happen though.

Personally, I think they made it pretty clear what their intent is moving forward for the reasons I stated above, but I understand your skepticism.

To be clear I am expecting the Call of Duty console experience as we know it today, to remain very similar as it is today with games releasing on both Xbox and Playstation consoles.

I will say that executives can never speak 100% when they make these types of future statements since there are things out of their control and nothing is absolute. If PlayStation’s business strategy quickly shifted towards cloud gaming, im sure MS would have an issue releasing games on PlayStation’s platform.(There are no MS games on Geforce Now)
Also, im sure there are plans for many exclusive Call of Duty games/experiences for mobile phones or Xcloud. So, its not as easy as making a blanket statement.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
#shambles
Not all games but we knew they would continue because why not maximize profit. they might come to their senses with bethesda too (not that anyone really cares) :ufurious:

So do y’all want call of duty or nah?
Oh…and #648

Warzone is they only part of COD worth a damn, and that will stay multiplat. everyone BEEN sayin that

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Not all games but we knew they would continue because why not maximize profit. they might come to their senses with bethesda too (not that anyone really cares) :ufurious:
It’s you weirdos on both sides. Xbox owners don’t care. It’s all on Gamepass day one.

You goofys been debating with yourselves on whether the stuff will be exclusive or not.

This like like Sony stan thread #753 on the topic.

Y’all claim to not care, but clearly you do which is why you keep trying to convince yourselves the games will be coming to PS5
Y’all need to get it together:francis:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
It’s you weirdos on both sides. Xbox owners don’t care. It’s all on Gamepass day one.

You goofys been debating with yourselves on whether the stuff will be exclusive or not.

This like like Sony stan thread #753 on the topic.

Y’all claim to not care, but clearly you do which is why you keep trying to convince yourselves the games will be coming to PS5
Y’all need to get it together:francis:
go read the thread when thr acquisition was announced. I've always had the same positions:

1) microsoft would be fools to throw away money from Sony over stan wars (I've said this but worded differently
2) the only thing worth a slot in CoD is warzone, which wont be exclusive. so who cares
3) :umad:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
go read the thread when thr acquisition was announced. I've always had the same positions:

1) microsoft would be fools to throw away money from Sony over stan wars (I've said this but worded differently
2) the only thing worth a slot in CoD is warzone, which wont be exclusive. so who cares

Don’t forget all the xbox stans that said sony wasted their money or got scammed because Destiny is remaining multiplat. :sas2:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

I don’t care breh. You quoted me gloating about some shyt nobody cares about but you weirdos.

Good y’all can sleep a little better I guess :manny: