Microsofts confirms activision/blizzard games will remain on PS and Nintendo after agreements

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
5-C765717-CFEC-46-C8-9-F74-780-CFBDFD9-DA.jpg
:heh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is basically the same statement they've always made:skip:

CoD can be "made available" on Playstation through Warzone

Maybe they'll port crash team racing to the switch or some shyt

We not gonna know til 2023 and beyond:ld:
This is correct. They aren't saying any specifics. They need to say something like we will make all Call of Duty games available with release and feature parity. What they're saying right now are so vaguely worded they could mean a lot of things. People are now running with that and letting their imagination do the rest.

The government needs to put specific language into the terms of the merger to nail this down.

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
playstation versions gonna be 600p with constant pop in and broken online :russ:

"its on there tho" - Microsoft :manny:

Deman

All Star
Daps
They won't be yearly installments anyway.

Phil isn't about to waste 10,000 developers to give Sony a yearly COD.

They have a treasure trove of IP they want to bring back. Edit -- and those will be XBOX Exclusive
micro transactions on ps5 n switch

part of gamepass

make $ all places

this gon b good for cross platform

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I think a lot of yall should be more cynical when corporate heads make statements that are so vague you can drive a truck through them. I'm not saying they won't continue to release all Call of Duty games with release and feature parity on all platforms all I'm saying is that statment they made also doesn't say that.

If the government let's this pass with only that statement the whole thing is a joke. Call of Duty will continue to be released on PlayStation can mean a lot of things but it doesn't necessarily mean what people are assuming here.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think a lot of yall should be more cynical when corporate heads make statements that are so vague you can drive a truck through them. I'm not saying they won't continue to release all Call of Duty games with release and feature parity on all platforms all I'm saying is that statment they made also doesn't say that.

If the government let's this pass with only that statement the whole thing is a joke. Call of Duty will continue to be released on PlayStation can mean a lot of things but it doesn't necessarily mean what people are assuming here.

:therethere:

when everyone plays, we all win

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This is correct. They aren't saying any specifics. They need to say something like we will make all Call of Duty games available with release and feature parity. What they're saying right now are so vaguely worded they could mean a lot of things. People are now running with that and letting their imagination do the rest.

The government needs to put specific language into the terms of the merger to nail this down.

What was said before wasn’t as definitive as what was said today. Before it was about ‘desires’, today it was about ‘commitment’.
The paragraphs before and after give the statement of remaining on Playstation more context.

In addition, this post today wasn’t about consoles and Call of Duty. It was about app store regulations and getting this deal approved. So they weren’t going to go over every little detail about how they intend to do multiplatform releases moving forward. Also, this wasn’t a Phil Spencer blog, it was a Brad Smith blog so the tone and focus will be different.

I think they made it pretty clear today. Due to fear of upsetting regulators(and nothing else), MS will not shake the boat. They will continue to work with Playstation and Nintendo in regards to Call of Duty [the franchise] and ‘other popular Activision-Blizzard IP’ after the deal closes.

This MS blog post was a public declaration of intent to which they can now be held accountable. The blog post itself kinda hand waved consoles off as a small market in the grand scheme of things, so they probably don’t even care that much about keeping Acti-Blizz stuff exclusive.