Microsoft: Xbox Scorpio's power advantage over PS4 Pro 'will be obvious'

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
All the souls games have a new storyline.

Had the called the game Dark souls 4, nobody would have batted an eye.

The only reason it was named Bloodborne was to differentiate it cause of the PS4 exclusive deal.

All over the web it's regarded as being a part of the same series

Ranking All 5 Soulsborne Games From Worst to Best

But y'all wanna act dumb :beli:
Nobody acting dumb. People lumping them together cause they made by the same people with similar gameplay is their own issue. Wanna know what the sequel to Dark Souls 1 is? Dark Souls 2!. Wanna know what the sequel to Dark Souls 1 and 2 is? Dark Souls 3!. fukk is Bloodborne the sequel of nikka? Lol. I just don't understand yall sometimes man. It'd like yall so caught up in this console war shyt yall suspend all common sense. Is Devil May Cry the sequel to Onimusha? I mean damn bro. Lol

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nobody acting dumb. People lumping them together cause they made by the same people with similar gameplay is their own issue. Wanna know what the sequel to Dark Souls 1 is? Dark Souls 2!. Wanna know what the sequel to Dark Souls 1 and 2 is? Dark Souls 3!. fukk is Bloodborne the sequel of nikka? Lol. I just don't understand yall sometimes man. It'd like yall so caught up in this console war shyt yall suspend all common sense. Is Devil May Cry the sequel to Onimusha? I mean damn bro. Lol
People lump them together because they are all effectively in the same series. DMC and Onimusha are nothing alike.

You are acting dumb by making that comparison :ufdup:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
They did too, they just like to act dumb
They're splitting hairs to draw your attention from the real issues. The tangible issues that can't be debated. Like a missing 4k blu ray drive.
So the argument gets shifted to something more ambiguous and subjective like quality or fun of the games. [What game "looks" better to ME. Because your definition of beauty isn't the same as mine you see, so what I see with my eyes might not be what you see with your eyes. Lets talk about stuff like that instead of the concrete facts that aren't up for debate.]
If I hadn't predicted this months ago I would actually respect the strategy.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
They did too, they just like to act dumb
Spinoff ain't the same thing as a sequel. It's a different game. U tried to disqualify it as a PS4 exclusive for whatever reason. Without certain games there wouldn't be other games but that don't mean the other games ain't their own game. Like I said. Is Dino Crisis a Sequel? Without Resident Evil there would be no Dino Crisis. Still doesn't mean it isn't it's own game. And people don't lump them in together for a reason.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Spinoff ain't the same thing as a sequel. It's a different game. U tried to disqualify it as a PS4 exclusive for whatever reason. Without certain games there wouldn't be other games but that don't mean the other games ain't their own game. Like I said. Is Dino Crisis a Sequel? Without Resident Evil there would be no Dino Crisis. Still doesn't mean it isn't it's own game. And people don't lump them in together for a reason.
I didn't try to disqualify it.

The conversation was about Sony bringing all these new ideas/ip out.

In the context of that conversation Bloodborne is not a good example.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
They're splitting hairs to draw your attention from the real issues. The tangible issues that can't be debated. Like a missing 4k blu ray drive.
So the argument gets shifted to something more ambiguous and subjective like quality or fun of the games. What game "looks" better to ME. Because your definition of beauty isn't the same as mine you see, so what I see with my eyes might not be what you see with your eyes. Lets talk about stuff like that instead of the concrete facts that aren't up for debate.
If I hadn't predicted this months ago I would actually respect the strategy.
Fam. I was one of the main nikka's criticizing the lack of Blu Ray player. I was one of the main ones shytting on Sony for the arrogant bullshyt they pulled cause they got comfortable. See I was one of the main ones criticizing them even making an "upgraded" console in the first place. I was one of the main ones tryna warn nikka's about this gen. The consoles and what they were capable of since the beginning. U can pull the shyt up. That still doesn't disqualify Bloodbourne as its own game.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Wasn't the cloud supposed to save the One? :mjlol:

Or tiled resources? :mjlol:

Or unlocking that last core? :mjlol:

They need to tap out on this generation.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
giphy.gif

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
@Leasy @Kamikaze Revy

From a business standpoint, I think you both are right. :jbhmm:

I see Microsoft:

1. Setting the Retail Price at 500 USC

• Steep but not so much to the consumers who skipped on current gen consoles or haven't purchased a console since 2013.
  • Not steep for the proactive electronics hobbyist who's demand stays high despite higher prices.

2. Having a Checkmate* Promotional Deal:
2a. Microsoft will have a full market promotion where console trade-ins would account for a guaranteed $120(older models) - $250(PS4 Pro/Xbox One S) credit towards the Scorpio

• Selling at such an initial incurred loss - since MSFT would incur the difference in actual value to credit value - would be made up from the software sales profit gained by an overwhelming increase in console market share.
  • Would be an extremely hard deal to pass up for all but the most loyal Sony console loyalists.
  • Would allow double dipping by consumers - Consumers could purchase a Xbox One S/PS4 Pro now with the intention and opportunity to do a reasonable economic upgrade less than a year later.
  • If Sony sticks to its long-term plan for the PS4, consumers wouldn't be hesitant to make the jump to a MSFT console with an expected wait of 3yrs+ for a more powerful console.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could also see MSFT going full PC mode and offering the Scorpio console in 2 forms

1. Scorpio w/ static hardware (unchangeable performance outside of downloadable updates).

2. Scorpio w/ seamless interchangeable hardware to allow consumers to stay at the peak of console performance w/o sacrificing the need to be tech savvy or sacrifice the Xbox Live community that they play with.

Regardless, I'm actually surprisingly excited to see what the future holds in the next 3 years of gaming. :ehh:

* I happen to like your checkmate phrase Revy. so I had to use it. :russ:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
@Leasy @Kamikaze Revy

From a business standpoint, I think you both are right. :jbhmm:

I see Microsoft:

1. Setting the Retail Price at 500 USC

• Steep but not so much to the consumers who skipped on current gen consoles or haven't purchased a console since 2013.
  • Not steep for the proactive electronics hobbyist who's demand stays high despite higher prices.

2. Having a Checkmate* Promotional Deal:
2a. Microsoft will have a full market promotion where console trade-ins would account for a guaranteed $120(older models) - $250(PS4 Pro/Xbox One S) credit towards the Scorpio

• Selling at such an initial incurred loss - since MSFT would incur the difference in actual value to credit value - would be made up from the software sales profit gained by an overwhelming increase in console market share.
  • Would be an extremely hard deal to pass up for all but the most loyal Sony console loyalists.
  • Would allow double dipping by consumers - Consumers could purchase a Xbox One S/PS4 Pro now with the intention and opportunity to do a reasonable economic upgrade less than a year later.
  • If Sony sticks to its long-term plan for the PS4, consumers wouldn't be hesitant to make the jump to a MSFT console with an expected wait of 3yrs+ for a more powerful console.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could also see MSFT going full PC mode and offering the Scorpio console in 2 forms

1. Scorpio w/ static hardware (unchangeable performance outside of downloadable updates).

2. Scorpio w/ seamless interchangeable hardware to allow consumers to stay at the peak of console performance w/o sacrificing the need to be tech savvy or sacrifice the Xbox Live community that they play with.

Regardless, I'm actually surprisingly excited to see what the future holds in the next 3 years of gaming. :ehh:

* I happen to like your checkmate phrase Revy. so I had to use it. :russ:
My man wrote his post in APA format :laff: