Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
friday-ice-cube.gif

I think there are a lot of xbox stans that own ps5’s (most of them) that would double dip but i don’t know if the PS5 audience is clamoring for either of those franchises today.

They’re kind of past their prime. Peak gears trilogy? Probably, and peak Halo? Most definitely

Now? Idk….they kind of lost their luster. Gears is kinda washed

Gears is so washed it gave Cliffy B enough confidence to say “I’ll fix it”

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Nah, especially alot of people that have PS5's game on their PC's too and it would have been a thing years ago when booth games were hot.
:yeshrug:I agree to an extent but the ps5 owners who doesn’t have a PC will buy them. Same with the owners who just want to troll Xbox Stans.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Holy fukk the amount of people online that don't realize podcasts are video in 2024 is amazing.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

An Xbox Game Pass slowdown might be why I'm hearing that a number of Xbox exclusives are coming to consoles with which Microsoft usually competes. Sources familiar with Microsoft's plans tell The Verge that the company is getting ready to launch a select number of Xbox games on PS5 and Nintendo Switch. Weeks of rumors suggest that Hi-Fi Rush, Sea of Thieves, and even Bethesda titles like Starfield and Indiana Jones could appear on non-Xbox platforms.

The first two games that are set to appear on rival consoles are Hi-Fi Rush and Pentiment, according to sources. Microsoft is also currently planning to launch Sea of Thieves on non-Xbox platforms later this year, with other first-party titles also under consideration.

Launching Xbox games on PlayStation or Nintendo Switch is a seismic shift in strategy, and not one that Microsoft will have taken lightly. It will give Microsoft more reach for its first-party games and an opportunity to generate more gaming revenue, but it also comes with plenty of risks.

Microsoft's overall gaming business just passed Windows in terms of revenue, thanks to the Activision Blizzard acquisition. That giant $68.7 billion acquisition will be weighing on Microsoft's mind, particularly when you consider that Call of Duty is a big multiplatform game that drives key revenue across these platforms and mobile. That slowdown in Game Pass will also be a part of why Microsoft is even considering more multiplatform games.

NateDrake said thats 3 of 4 games he heard. I’m guessing the last one is Grounded

Last edited:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I think they decided to do a podcast because a lot of Xbox fanboys go on podcast, or have their own podcast. So maybe they’re trying to come off as relatable or something, idk. The fact that it's a podcast shows there's going to be heavy conversation about whatever it is they're going to be talking about. They probably don't want to just announce what it is without discussing it, or just tweet/blog about it because it's something big. It's probably going to need lot of explaining, and they want to come off on video as they care, and (again) relatable.

They going to show graphs and Microsoft CEO said it’s all about the Benjamins

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
rumor has it Nintendo Direct will be the same day
During the Nintendo direct, after all the games are shown the announcer will say in Japanese with no subtitles "one more thing" and Phil Spencer will walk into the frame with a PS5 and Switch in his arms. He'll announce that he just bought Sony and Nintendo and that he wasn't joking when he said they're putting their games everywhere.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
@Gizmo_Duck

If those are the games then I don’t see why Xbots is crying

Must be because they know eventually everything will be ported ?

Not even gonna waste my time on the podcast

Excellent reporting as usual Brother Duck :salute: