Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
remember what he said. his competition isnt sony... It's amazon and netflix. :troll::mjlol:
Dawg for YEARS most unbiased videogame fans and some Sony stans kept saying dude was full of shyt. He's been bullshytting the ENTIRE TIME HES BEEN AT THE HEAD! Promised games during the Xbox one era and they never came. Promised games for the Xbox series x and still, barely anything of note on the exclusive side THAT THEY DIDNT JUST FLAT OUT PAY FOR WITH ACQUISITIONS. I feel bad bc I wanted Microsoft to do well. Competition is great for the consumer. But this entire Phil Spencer era has been an epic epic failure. He should have been fired years ago.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What Sony exclusives on Xbox or Nintendo?
Naw you can’t squirm away now. You have countless posts proclaiming xbox games coming to PC means there’s no reason to buy an xbox. Helldivers 2 is also fueling your console stanary for early 2024. Crazy how you have to run away from your own narratives over time :wow:
Don't try and use MLB either since that was a license requirement :umad:
It’s always “that was different” with you stans:wow: don’t matter who’s decision it was. It’s clear the industry is moving away from actual “exclusives”

There’s also this

Crazy :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Dawg for YEARS most unbiased videogame fans and some Sony stans kept saying dude was full of shyt. He's been bullshytting the ENTIRE TIME HES BEEN AT THE HEAD! Promised games during the Xbox one era and they never came. Promised games for the Xbox series x and still, barely anything of note on the exclusive side THAT THEY DIDNT JUST FLAT OUT PAY FOR WITH ACQUISITIONS. I feel bad bc I wanted Microsoft to do well. Competition is great for the consumer. But this entire Phil Spencer era has been an epic epic failure. He should have been fired years ago.
Record revenue.

More successful IP than microsoft has ever had.

Leading publisher on all 4 platforms

Yeah i’m sure the number crunchers at microsoft can’t wait to fire dude.

Meanwhile the number crunchers at sony actually already got rid of their leader.

Crazy how forum narratives don’t match up with reality :wow:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Record revenue.

Meanwhile the number crunchers at sony actually already got rid of their leader.

Without knowing Xbox division's operating costs, their rising revenue numbers might not mean a whole lot. We do know Gamepass server infrastructure isn't cheap, and we know many Gamepass users gamed the system for years. My first 2.5 years of Gamepass I barely paid $30 for it all, I paid monthly for 6 more months then killed my subscription. Also the gaming market is organically growing as the Silent Gen and Boomers die off, and new babies are exposed to screens, becoming the next gen of gamers. So is Xbox console and game sales outpacing the organic growth of the market? Microsoft hasn't reported console sales since 2015. From a market share standpoint, Xbox's share of the pie isn't growing either. (20-25% is what I see in most graphs of the console market).

We can't say the Zenimax deal will make Xbox better until we see results. Xbox can make money selling Xbox games, but Xbox makes a lot more money being a platform provider, where they make money not just from the sale of Xbox games, but the sale of all 3rd party games sold on Xbox's platform as well. So unless, Phil does something to make people flock to the Xbox platform, the Zenimax deal will be a bust. Remember, Gamepass isn't available on Nintendo Switch or PS5 (75% of the console market), so the Xbox console is the only way forward for now.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Without knowing Xbox division's operating costs, their rising revenue numbers might not mean a whole lot. We do know Gamepass server infrastructure isn't cheap, and we know many Gamepass users gamed the system for years. My first 2.5 years of Gamepass I barely paid $30 for it all, I paid monthly for 6 more months then killed my subscription. Also the gaming market is organically growing as the Silent Gen and Boomers die off, and new babies are exposed to screens, becoming the next gen of gamers. So is Xbox console and game sales outpacing the organic growth of the market? Microsoft hasn't reported console sales since 2015. From a market share standpoint, Xbox's share of the pie isn't growing either. (20-25% is what I see in most graphs of the console market).
Microsoft so big, revenue growth is all that matters.

Consoles sales are not profitable. Phil Spencer has proven microsoft can be successful in gaming, without leading in console sales.

We also have official numbers for GP

They are basically funding one AAA game a month on gamepass revenue alone.

“Market Share” is a misnomer as, nobody can actually express what the “market” is. Currently xbox sells less consoles than both nintendo and sony, but xbox revenue is higher than both of them. So who’s winning in “market share”???

We can't say the Zenimax deal will make Xbox better until we see results. Xbox can make money selling Xbox games, but Xbox makes a lot more money being a platform provider, where they make money not just from the sale of Xbox games, but the sale of all 3rd party games sold on Xbox's platform as well. So unless, Phil does something to make people flock to the Xbox platform, the Zenimax deal will be a bust. Remember, Gamepass isn't available on Nintendo Switch or PS5 (75% of the console market), so the Xbox console is the only way forward for now.
Again. Console sales are not profitable. As long as xbox keeps bringing great revenue to microsoft, they will keep investing into it.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Record revenue.

Breh, stop. I respect you a lot as a poster because you're good OUTSIDE of this forum. But in this forum? :scust:. Microsoft clearly not doing well.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Breh, stop. I respect you a lot as a poster because you're good OUTSIDE of this forum. But in this forum? :scust:. Microsoft clearly not doing well.
Because that’s what you tell yourselves from reading @Gizmo_Duck news all the time.

There’s no way you are an investor/number cruncher for microsoft and you are upset with Phil Spencer

Those are results. Everything yall be talking about on here is console wars nonsense :manny:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Meach is something else in this forum

I really just dont think he like bullys and is standing up for the helmet wearing kids

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Microsoft so big, revenue growth is all that matters.

Consoles sales are not profitable. Phil Spencer has proven microsoft can be successful in gaming, without leading in console sales.

We also have official numbers for GP

They are basically funding one AAA game a month on gamepass revenue alone.

“Market Share” is a misnomer as, nobody can actually express what the “market” is. Currently xbox sells less consoles than both nintendo and sony, but xbox revenue is higher than both of them. So who’s winning in “market share”???

Again. Console sales are not profitable. As long as xbox keeps bringing great revenue to microsoft, they will keep investing into it.
Revenue - Costs = Profit. If you don't know the costs, you don't know if Microsoft is making any profit. So that $230mn revenue figure is meaningless. Console sales are typically loss leaders (Sales at a loss to get consumers to purchase other profitable items) to make revenue (30%) off first and third party game sales for each console sold. If you aren't selling a ton of consoles, you aren't really making money. It's the reason Sony and Nintendo are worth more than any Game Publisher. Market share is not a misnomer but a key indicator for today's investors. If you aren't growing in market share, you simply aren't growing, and Xbox isn't growing. So how is Xbox going to grow without selling more consoles given Gamepass isn't on a Nintendo or PlayStation console? Please explain....

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
Naw you can’t squirm away now. You have countless posts proclaiming xbox games coming to PC means there’s no reason to buy an xbox. Helldivers 2 is also fueling your console stanary for early 2024. Crazy how you have to run away from your own narratives over time :wow:

It’s always “that was different” with you stans:wow: don’t matter who’s decision it was. It’s clear the industry is moving away from actual “exclusives”

There’s also this

Crazy :wow:
iu

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Because that’s what you tell yourselves from reading @Gizmo_Duck news all the time.

There’s no way you are an investor/number cruncher for microsoft and you are upset with Phil Spencer

Those are results. Everything yall be talking about on here is console wars nonsense :manny:
Nope those numbers are meaningless. Xbox isn't just selling consoles, so they now have extra expenditures, like server farms for cloud gaming. So their revenue is up, but so are their costs. Who do you know has been paying $10-18/mon for Gamepass over the past 3 years. I didn't. I paid $1, filled up 2 years of regular Xbox live gold membership , then flipped the Gamepass switch. Viola, 2+ years of Gamepass for $1. Many others simply used Bing Rewards. Anyone who thinks Gamepass is in the black since launch isn't in the Xbox scene. Xbox had only 25% market share of the console market in 2021. Anyone think it grew since then?
console-gaming-market-2021%20c.jpg