Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:russ: lied in you're face once again
Y'all just don't listen, of the game selection asked about on releasing next on other platforms star field and Indiana were not those games.

And they weren't

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Titan and Meach finna be the last Mohicans, all the super stans on twitter throwing in the towel one by one

I'm basically 100/100 for the moves that have and are being made by Xbox.

I personally like everything Xbox is doing for gamers :yeshrug:

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Y'all just don't listen, of the game selection asked that were asked about on releasing next on other platforms star field and Indiana were not those games.

And they weren't
:russ: yeah ok buddy

I know you clowns love your little "semantics" when arguing

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they were not Indiana jones on feb 15th

but they are on Aug 20th

:russ:

:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

Stans- "Hey man we heard you're about to release four new games next month on PlayStation, would anyone of them happen to be Indiana Jones or starfield?"

Phil - "No none of the games are those games"

*Releases Indiana Jones a year later*

Stans- "I thought you said none of the four games were Indiana Jones"

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Stans- "Hey man we heard you're about to release four new games next month on PlayStation, would anyone of them happen to be Indiana Jones or starfield?"

:umad:

:umad::umad::umad::umad::umad::umad:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
All sony stan fiction made up by you :hubie:
Butcher a post to remove context then claim it's fan fiction because you can't cope, brehs.

It is reasonable to believe that an IP holder has a say in where a game using their IP is released. It's obvious they wanted it on the Switch given their history w/ Nintendo. You only have to look at MLB: The Show as an example. It's not a stretch to state that the next Horizon isn't releasing on the Switch either. Hell, neither will the others.

Why would they go back and renegotiate the contract to exclude the PS if this was always their plan? The bean counters at MS have obviously stepped in, and are making decisions at Xbox, which explains this change. Face it, the reasons are not the same between Lego Horizon and Indy. We both know this.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Butcher a post to remove context then claim it's fan fiction because you can't cope, brehs.

It is reasonable to believe that an IP holder has a say in where a game using their IP is released. It's obvious they wanted it on the Switch given their history w/ Nintendo. You only have to look at MLB: The Show as an example. It's not a stretch to state that the next Horizon isn't releasing on the Switch either. Hell, neither will the others.

Why would they go back and renegotiate the contract to exclude the PS if this was always their plan? The bean counters at MS have obviously stepped in, and are making decisions at Xbox, which explains this change. Face it, the reasons are not the same between Lego Horizon and Indy. We both know this.
@Pull Up the Roots is a ragging fakkit.

I’m basing that on context :hubie:

Lord Quas

Pro
Daps
I’m a Xbot so I have obvious bias but I think MS is making the right move here. Consoles will largely be a thing of the past. I’m not the biggest fan of never owning in my life because it sounds like a corporate dystopia, but I digress.

Cloud gaming is the future. Mobile, PC gaming market is huge. And not only that, think of all the VR devices coming out. I expect Apples Vision Pro to push that more into the mainstream. You can already play it on an iPhone and a Meta Quest…MS just a little under a month ago announced 100s of games being available via beta on XCloud…it’s the first Meta Quest VR headset to my knowledge that has this capability. That kind of immersion will be hard to beat…And people will be able to choose whatever vendor they want for their VR headset.

I think further down the line as well, AI will be a big part in gaming, and easier given MS relationship with OpenAI. They also already have massive cloud infrastructure in place, in house. For the time being and the foreseeable future you need a pretty big GPU to run any AI/ML models. More than your average consumer can afford and getting a high end GPU for MSRP is impossible. If everything is in the cloud, MS just needs to connect to the XCloud server farm (gross over generalization for simplicities sake) a bunch of AI models. The possibilities are endless…virtually limitless variety in dialogue, people never experiencing exactly the same world as other people (kind of like Starfield NG+ is), side quests randomly made by AI for you that someone else might never encounter…

They’re going to drain all their titles slowly by releasing them on other consoles because they can’t just pull the plug now because it’d piss your average gamer off and they’re not quite ready to make such a pivot, it will (is) happening incrementally
Like I said in January, Xbox is on its way out... I’m full tinfoil on this. They use GPUs for AI/ML and then when new models require new hardware they dump them and then use them along with the rest of the existing XCloud infrastructure.

Players, creators, and AI collaborate to build and expand rich game narratives

They could make a modular attachment for any PC that contains a NPU, specialized network card, and a piece for advanced I/O for dealing with the controller/input latency. They own Windows so they can do whatever they want software wise to accommodate that piece of hardware. Could even have a line of PCs that come with those pieces integrated, and serve as a dual use everyday PC and have one OS for each.

And this piece doesn’t even have to be mandatory. With a specialized OS for gaming you could get a lot of improvements over typical Windows OS.

In true cutthroat capitalist fashion cloud play helps you squeeze money from the people who can’t afford a $500 console or the hardware I mentioned, but can afford for to pay $30/month for Game Pass and a specialized cloud play OS subscription for X amount of months.

Get MS to work with a cell provider for a XCloud exclusive 5G network to game on the go with a 5G adapter. :whew:

MS better hire me already :childplease:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I HAAAAAAATE when you dudes do this shyt where you straight up lie or change the context of something said to make it look like your point is valid.
He did not say 'NEXT MONTH" they're releasing 4 games on Playstation and Starfield/Indiana Jones were not among the 4. Also, why the fukk would Indiana Jones even be mentioned in this context since the release date wouldn't have been that very "next month? " :dahell:

Timestamped

This entire thread was you guys just going "Hurrdurr lol stupid stans it's juss 4 games!"
"STUPID sONY InterNANET INSIDERLISTS!"

to now Indy and almost everything else coming to Playstation.