Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Not even sure what you are asking at this point.

You claimed i post random twitter cac opinions as facts.

Post it :ehh:
nah, cac tweets are cac tweets.

Unless you're posting a tweet from a non-white person, it's a cac tweet

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
nah, cac tweets are cac tweets.

Unless you're posting a tweet from a non-white person, it's a cac tweet
Naw, you said this
. We get it, cac tweets when they don't suck off xbox. "News" when they do. We know your MO
Post me presenting these dudes opinion as facts.

Just one post. We coulda been done with this back and forth a long time ago :cheers:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Naw, you said this

Post me presenting these dudes opinion as facts.

Just one post. We coulda been done with this back and forth a long time ago :cheers:
Honestly, the only thing for certain is that you'll be in here defending M$ no matter what.

They can come out and say they're cancelling the XBox that day and you'll be in here "told you they were going to keep making games, games for everybody. I was right. Consoles don't matter"

:manny:
I also posted this. looks like I was right.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

You started that topic off the back of a whole cac article, and still couldn't comprehend what was said.

:yeshrug:
a cac didn’t tweet this

Regarding first-party software, we aim to continue to focus on producing high-quality works and developing live service games. But while major projects are currently under development, we do not plan to release any new major existing franchise titles next fiscal year like God of War Ragnarok and Marvel’s Spider-Man 2.”

That was sony CEO speaking to investors :ufdup:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
a cac didn’t tweet this

Regarding first-party software, we aim to continue to focus on producing high-quality works and developing live service games. But while major projects are currently under development, we do not plan to release any new major existing franchise titles next fiscal year like God of War Ragnarok and Marvel’s Spider-Man 2.”

:ufdup:
but you read the cac created title and assumed:

"Sony got no games for this year"​

when in reality, Sony does have games this year.

If you meant different you might want to clean up that title so people don't think you lack the ability to read.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No. It's a dumb bet because nobody said they will announce Xbox is cancelled, that's just dumb and I can certainly tell Xbox will spin whatever negative to something else and prolong it.

I'll do a better bet.

@MeachTheMonster
@daze23
@The Mad Titan

@Gizmo_Duck
@ItWasWritten
@Kamikaze Revy
@CoolinInTheCut
@Rekkapryde
@DaSk8D00D
@OnlyFrans
@Koba St
@gurf

You guys are my witnesses.:sas2:

If they ONLY announce a couple of game ports e.g. Sea of Thieves, Hi-Fi Rush and NOTHING else and I mean NOTHING else, I'll take a 1 month ban and I'll send you each(Meach, Daze and Titan) a $10 gift card from a store of choice e.g. Steam, Xbox etc.

If they DO announce other things such as changes to the structure of Gamepass, other games going forward basically anything significant and do not squash the rumors then you three should send me a $10 gift card for Target or Bestbuy.
Damn. You woulda lost this one :wow:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The CEO doesn’t view these as big franchises :mjlol:
If I’m not mistaken, you said “No games.”

Now you want to move the goalpost and say big franchises.

You can either admit you’re wrong or we can keep going back and forth.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nutella “was like fukk all this shyt Phil. Consoles sales dropping, barely any digital sales, Muthafukkas treating gamepass like some fukkin bargin bin and we just spent billions on new publishers. fukk all this exclusive shyt we putting games everywhere I don’t give a fukk if we have to put them on a fukkin Nokia cell phone”.

There's a gamepass tier for console and pc only that includes just the games. They're going to force those users to sub to Ultimate to get day ones. They'll want the customers that are paying $10 to pay $15+ for the service

:pachaha: that MS pr nonsense over the years got yall spinning

they cut the price in half over the holidays and no one cared. Gamepass is unsustainable. This is why we are here now. time to come back to reality.

Honestly i will be 100% surprised if theres not some form of scaling back of gamepass also. Either activision, (cod/diablo) ain’t coming to gamepass day 1 or they are doing more tiers with ad’s and day 1 titles for the highest more expensive tier.

Either way, xbox users will come out of this event with less not more, otherwise there would be no press event.

IIRC, they put all of Bethesda's stuff up on Game Pass immediately after they closed that deal, but they haven't done that with ABK stuff yet.

I've seen people saying that they're going to put fewer things up on GP day one, and I would ignore that except for 1) they haven't put up ABK stuff yet even though they own it and 2) the same argument Microsoft fans in this forum have been making about the spiraling costs of AAA. If Sony is in trouble spending 500 milly on a game and selling it at 70 dollars a copy, Microsoft must be bleeding money spending 500 milly on a game and putting it on GP day one for 15 dollars a subscription.

Without knowing Xbox division's operating costs, their rising revenue numbers might not mean a whole lot. We do know Gamepass server infrastructure isn't cheap, and we know many Gamepass users gamed the system for years. My first 2.5 years of Gamepass I barely paid $30 for it all, I paid monthly for 6 more months then killed my subscription. Also the gaming market is organically growing as the Silent Gen and Boomers die off, and new babies are exposed to screens, becoming the next gen of gamers. So is Xbox console and game sales outpacing the organic growth of the market? Microsoft hasn't reported console sales since 2015. From a market share standpoint, Xbox's share of the pie isn't growing either. (20-25% is what I see in most graphs of the console market).

We can't say the Zenimax deal will make Xbox better until we see results. Xbox can make money selling Xbox games, but Xbox makes a lot more money being a platform provider, where they make money not just from the sale of Xbox games, but the sale of all 3rd party games sold on Xbox's platform as well. So unless, Phil does something to make people flock to the Xbox platform, the Zenimax deal will be a bust. Remember, Gamepass isn't available on Nintendo Switch or PS5 (75% of the console market), so the Xbox console is the only way forward for now.

Nope those numbers are meaningless. Xbox isn't just selling consoles, so they now have extra expenditures, like server farms for cloud gaming. So their revenue is up, but so are their costs. Who do you know has been paying $10-18/mon for Gamepass over the past 3 years. I didn't. I paid $1, filled up 2 years of regular Xbox live gold membership , then flipped the Gamepass switch. Viola, 2+ years of Gamepass for $1. Many others simply used Bing Rewards. Anyone who thinks Gamepass is in the black since launch isn't in the Xbox scene. Xbox had only 25% market share of the console market in 2021. Anyone think it grew since then?
console-gaming-market-2021%20c.jpg

Thread is long because it proves that gamepass isn’t sustainable :yeshrug:

everything you and your adopted uncle have been spouting for the past 4 years is all fiction. No one cares about these games here

Can’t wait for Xbox to announce them doing Sony games as well as removing day 1 on gamepass for their heavy hitters…

but the Ms Stan’s here will be guzzling Phil because they announce their next consoles, like finishing a gen early twice in a row is a good thing, Phil you ain’t making no switch, you’re just making another bronze box.

No one is saying they’ll cancel the Xbox on Thursday. Anyone that has said that was more than likely saying it in jest.

You don’t announce a business update at random unless something significant is changing. The term business update gives it away.

If it was positive, they would let you know beforehand "that you need to tune in for some exciting news".

Be it pricing changes to gamepass, changes to games available on gamepass, or more games going to other systems. Something is changing.

Ok then why don’t they put call of duty on there now ?

Because it doesn’t make financial sense, and if you think the new fall of duty will be on gamepass … well ok
Remember these days :mjlol: