Microsoft to lay off 10,000 employees between now and March 31st. Gaming also said to be impacted.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Do better googles:stopitslime:

People are people. Those 90 people are no more insignificant than any laid of microsoft employee.

Play semantics games sony stan brehs :mjlol:

Do better reading. Alphabet isn't Amazon.

And you're right, people ARE people, and seeing people lose their jobs always sucks. It's just weird to see people fighting so hard to say that it's really shytty when one company does it, but then write it off as "Well, that's the cost of doing business," when your preferred company does it. This isn't playing semantics, it's just wondering how a company like Microsoft could possibly have looked at what they have going on currently and not realized that it looks bad.

It's almost as if the cuts and explanation thereof were solely to assuage shareholder concerns, and protect stock value. :ohhh:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
A lot of actual devs are losing jobs, and this is going to continue for 3 months. Its a big deal which is why if you’re an xbox stan i don’t understand why you would try to handwave it away
Yep, everyone is in the target range; especially my department.

The worrying thing for many of us is that this is all happening over a period of time and not just the announcements yesterday.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Do better reading. Alphabet isn't Amazon.

Again, do better googles

Alpha or amazon or any large tech company doesn’t matter. it’s all the same story
And you're right, people ARE people, and seeing people lose their jobs always sucks. It's just weird to see people fighting so hard to say that it's really shytty when one company does it, but then write it off as "Well, that's the cost of doing business," when your preferred company does it.

That’s what you and your fellow sony stan’s are doing in this thread.
This isn't playing semantics, it's just wondering how a company like Microsoft could possibly have looked at what they have going on currently and not realized that it looks bad.

It's almost as if the cuts and explanation thereof were solely to assuage shareholder concerns, and protect stock value. :ohhh:
Capitalism don’t give a fukk about feelings.

In fact, it’s large corporations like microsoft that drive these economic ups and downs and they always end up on top.

The thing is, we all knew this going in and we’ve all have used the system to benefit ourselves. The outrage and “confusion” here and in other gaming spaces is driven by console wars. Xbox and the activision merger are a very small part of Microsoft’s business. These cuts have very little to do with xbox or activision.

EastByrd

Pro
Daps
he's gonna find another job out there tho right? :dahell: he needs a paying job internships is for rich white kids that got money...
Usually the internship leads to a job.

He’s a sophomore in university so he’ll have more chances, but it isn’t easy. Passive aggressive cacs will do you dirty with ‘behavioral interviews’ code for how well will you get along with us. :wow:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, do better googles

Alpha or amazon or any large tech company doesn’t matter. it’s all the same story

That’s what you and your fellow sony stan’s are doing in this thread.

Capitalism don’t give a fukk about feelings.

In fact, it’s large corporations like microsoft that drive these economic ups and downs and they always end up on top.

The thing is, we all knew this going in and we’ve all have used the system to benefit ourselves. The outrage and “confusion” here and in other gaming spaces is driven by console wars. Xbox and the activision merger are a very small part of Microsoft’s business. These cuts have very little to do with xbox or activision.

I forgot about MGM, since A: it was announced nearly a year before it actually went through, B: they've done fukk all with it since then, and C: it still officially closed the deal three quarters before the layoffs happened. Either way, still shytty.

Also, this stan shyt as a go to argument is fukking lame, breh. Anyone who questions for favorite company isn't automatically a stan for their competitor. Half the people you call Sony Stans, myself included actively own and use both a PS5 and Series X or S. Defense mechanisms are generally shytty, but that one is especially bad.

And with what you're saying in here, it's safe to say you're not going to be out here getting jokes off at any other company's expense when something like this happens to them then, right?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I forgot about MGM, since A: it was announced nearly a year before it actually went through, B: they've done fukk all with it since then, and C: it still officially closed the deal three quarters before the layoffs happened. Either way, still shytty.
ABC don’t matter. Point is, only thing unique about the microsoft layoffs is peoples reactions here :stopitslime:

Also, this stan shyt as a go to argument is fukking lame, breh. Anyone who questions for favorite company isn't automatically a stan for their competitor. Half the people you call Sony Stans, myself included actively own and use both a PS5 and Series X or S. Defense mechanisms are generally shytty, but that one is especially bad.
People clearly contradicting themselves like owning microsoft stock then pretending to be upset when they make moves to increase profit is stan shyt.

You continually chose to jump in bed with those people. Maybe you should look in the mirror:ufdup:
And with what you're saying in here, it's safe to say you're not going to be out here getting jokes off at any other company's expense when something like this happens to them then, right?
Never have and never will. Again layoffs aren’t some new unique shyt to microsoft. It’s not my behavior that’s any different here :comeon:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never have and never will. Again layoffs aren’t some new unique shyt to microsoft. It’s not my behavior that’s any different here :comeon:

This normally when someone gets petty and pulls up some ancient ass post that would possibly contradict what you just said, isn't it?

Before the game even comes out :wow:

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/drive...dge_and_sce_london_studio_hit_by_layoffs.html

Things not going so good at Sony?:lupe:

I think that's how it works. I don't usually visit that portion of the Coli fukkery Handbook. :lupe:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This normally when someone gets petty and pulls up some ancient ass post that would possibly contradict what you just said, isn't it?
Can’t do that with me, cause i ain’t making up stuff.

That’s your sony stan bros that run into that problem
I think that's how it works. I don't usually visit that portion of the Coli fukkery Handbook. :lupe:
Nothing there is me talking about how sony is bad for laying people off. Or capitalism or any moral arguments about what happened.

My post is about the state of that particular game which was trash.

Try again buddy :stopitslime:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can’t do that with me, cause i ain’t making up stuff.

That’s your sony stan bros that run into that problem

Nothing there is me talking about how sony is bad for laying people off. Or capitalism or any moral arguments about what happened.

My post is about the state of that particular game which was trash.

Try again buddy :stopitslime:

Oh, that wasn't concern trolling? Sure, buddy. :stopitslime: