Microsoft says all their first party games for Series X will also be on Xbox One.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
obviously the game couldn't work without ray traced puddles
You can't ever offer a serious rebuttal but instead have to resort to Xbox dikk riding.:scust:

Miles Morales coming to PS4 is a red herring fallacy. Nobody said it cannot come to PS4 if they wanted to. I said "as intended".

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Nobody "thinks" they know more than game development than the people that actually develop games. That's your projection. Saying games will be held back if they are targeting a last gen console alongside a next gen console is not a claim of knowing more than the developer.
Microsoft has said that the series x dev kits will allow games to be scaled back without affecting next gen development.

They built the system and they're developing the games for that system, I'm gonna take their word that they understand their own hardware more than a bunch of coli stans looking for a reason to shyt on xbox.

We've seen nothing to suggest that series x games will be held back. Yall jumping to conclusions like yall know more than they do.

Microsoft sounds pretty damn confident that they can have their games existing on different levels of hardware, who are yall to call them liars when you ain't wrote a line of code for a game in your life?

:hhh:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
You can't ever offer a serious rebuttal but instead have to resort to Xbox dikk riding.:scust:

Miles Morales coming to PS4 is a red herring fallacy. Nobody said it cannot come to PS4 if they wanted to. I said "as intended".
on the PS4 Miles has to take an elevator

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Microsoft has said that the series x dev kits will allow games to be scaled back without affecting next gen development.

They built the system and they're developing the games for that system, I'm gonna take their word that they understand their own hardware more than a bunch of coli stans looking for a reason to shyt on xbox.

We've seen nothing to suggest that series x games will be held back. Yall jumping to conclusions like yall know more than they do.

Microsoft sounds pretty damn confident that they can have their games existing on different levels of hardware, who are yall to call them liars when you ain't wrote a line of code for a game in your life?

You obviously are reading something completely different from what I'm saying with what you said here. It's obvious to as you ignored basically everything I said to post this strawman.

Did I say I know more about game development than MSFT? Did I say that games cannot be ran on two different hardware? I said that YOU the end consumer won't KNOW what a developers vision was with the end result as that won't be said and if a game is "held back" you wouldn't know it. We have examples here and you're talking about "MSFT is very confident, I trust them!." That's your prerogative. MSFT is so confident that they can have their games existing on different levels of hardware that they(Phil Spencer) said this right after:
The thing you'll see on the 23rd is we're giving our studios real creative freedom to build the games that they envision.

As you know we've added a lot of studios to the to the Xbox Game Studios organization over the last few years and providing them the financial stability, the creative freedom to go build the games that they want to go build, and our game creators want to build great games that can reach a large audience of players.

So I think what you hear Matt [Booty] talking about and what our creators will say is we have a vision for every game that we're building and the vision starts with the player, not the device. If a creator comes to us and says 'No, I really want to focus on next generation' with their games, we're completely open to that and we're very supportive of that.

If a creator comes to us and says I have this vision for reaching these customers across different platforms and different generations we're completely supportive of that.

It is really about our creators having choice and allowing them to build the games that they want to build to reach the audience that they're looking for and not things that we're mandating to our creators in terms of what they have to go do.

It's not our rules for our platform it's more about creators creating the games that they want to go build looking ahead.

Gee, what does that mean? Didn't they just say we won't force you to upgrade and now it's "the devs know best".

Why would a developer possibly say that to him? Since they know the hardware and built it, they shouldn't even have to say that since it can just be scaled back amirite? :francis:

Jesus Christ you dudes love making up strawmans.

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You obviously are reading something completely different from what I'm saying with what you said here. It's obvious to as you ignored basically everything I said to post this strawman.

Did I say I know more about game development than MSFT? Did I say that games cannot be ran on two different hardware? I said that YOU the end consumer won't KNOW what a developers vision was with the end result as that won't be said and if a game is "held back" you wouldn't know it. We have examples here and you're talking about "MSFT is very confident, I trust them!." That's your prerogative.
Like I said, you acting like you know more than they do.

Are you involved in the development process or something? Yeah, I'm gonna take their word for it until they show me differently, the same way I took Sony's word that they can get a performance boost through variable frequencies with a 9.2 teraflop system and we wont know the difference.

Microsoft has said that all this shyt has been streamlined and addressed in the dev kits. Unless you have proof that they are lying, you dont know what the fukk you're talking about.

:stopitslime:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like I said, you acting like you know more than they do.

Are you involved in the development process or something? Yeah, I'm gonna take their word for it until they show me differently, the same way I took Sony's word that they can get a performance boost through variable frequencies with a 9.2 teraflop system.

Microsoft has said that all this shyt has been streamlined and addressed in the dev kits. Unless you have proof that they are lying, you dont know what the fukk you're talking about.

You must have pretty bad reading comprehension judging from what you're typing here.

You said this yourself:

Phil says this the other day:
"That’s why Xbox Game Studios titles we release in the next couple of years—like Halo Infinite—will be available and play great on Xbox Series X and Xbox One. We won’t force you to upgrade to Xbox Series X at launch to play Xbox exclusives."

But after says this:
So I think what you hear Matt [Booty] talking about and what our creators will say is we have a vision for every game that we're building and the vision starts with the player, not the device. If a creator comes to us and says 'No, I really want to focus on next generation' with their games, we're completely open to that and we're very supportive of that.
Where the fukk did I say anybody is lying? Who the hell is talking about someone is lying? This literally confirms what I just said, IF A DEV says they want to focus on next gen, they will do that. You're saying MSFT says they can make every game scale without affecting next gen meanwhile PHIL HIMSELF says creators can choose to focus on next gen if they want. WHY WOULD THEY WANT TO FOCUS ON NEXT GEN ALONE IF THEY CAN SIMPLY SCALE IT BACK? They could literally make cross gen games all generation long right? That user base right?

Seems more like you are acting like you know more than what the devs/PR is actually saying. :stopitslime:

Ain't nobody "acting" like they know more than the developer :comeon:, I'm literally TELLING you what they said themselves.

Jesus read and slow down before getting all aggy on the keyboard breh. You dudes get almost hysterical over something someone isn't saying but what you're interpreting.

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Where the fukk did I say anybody is lying? Who the hell is talking about someone is lying? This literally confirms what I just said, IF A DEV says they want to focus on next gen, they will do that. You're saying MSFT says they can make every game scale without affecting next gen meanwhile PHIL HIMSELF says creators can choose to focus on next gen if they want. WHY WOULD THEY WANT TO FOCUS ON NEXT GEN IF THEY CAN SIMPLEY SCALE IT BACK?
So what the fukk is the problem?

:gucci:

If a game cant be ported then it wont be. Maybe all the games they have planned in the first 2 years can be ported.
I'm literally trying to find the issue with this statement. So essentially all xbox exclusives planned for the next 2 years also have current gen ports in development but it's not something Microsoft is demanding, it's up to creators.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Seems more like you are acting like you know more than what the devs/PR is actually saying. :stopitslime:

If the developers can get the games to work on old hardware, I dont see why they shouldn't port them over.

Aside from stan arguements about technicalities of series x exclusives of course

:yeshrug:

My first post in this thread, read it, comprehend it, then tell me where it sounds like I'm acting like I know more than devs.

Meanwhile yall in here arguing theories about the development process and how Microsoft is lying. I haven't said anything in here that Microsoft themselves haven't said.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remember When people were 100 percent sure that the ps5 Used RDNA2 also :mjlol:

There isn't a game that's in development now and dropping in the next two years that if the devs' want to they can't make sure it runs on XB1, especially with the tools being provided for them. Also I'm pretty sure this applies to there 1st party titles only.

If square wants to make ps5/XsX only title that's what it's going to be

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I remember When people were 100 percent sure that the ps5 Used RDNA2 also :mjlol:

There isn't a game that's in development now and dropping in the next two years that if the devs' want to they can't make sure it runs on XB1, especially with the tools being provided for them. Also I'm pretty sure this applies to there 1st party titles only.

The most realistic scenario is that these games were already planned for current gen consoles from the start, but nah let's argue a conspiracy about Microsoft forcing developers to make games for X1.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So what the fukk is the problem?

:gucci:

If a game cant be ported then it wont be. Maybe all the games they have planned in the first 2 years can be ported.
I'm literally trying to find the issue with this statement. So essentially all xbox exclusives planned for the next 2 years also have current gen ports in development but it's not something Microsoft is demanding, it's up to creators.
THERE IS NO PROBLEM lmao.

I was simply stating that some games are definitely held back when developed cross gen judging by past games and even the ports that are brought up are not really proving the point otherwise. Some of y'all took this strangely as if I'm saying that MSFT is lying about cross gen games being possible while not holding the next gen version back. I said that once they decide whats possible, they'll scale it to last gen if they can. My point of contention was we won't really know what they wanted to do if they didn't have to scale anything back and I used several examples of games in the past from the devs themselves. Like for instance, The Medium is coming only to Xbox Series X, and the dev themself said it's not possible for last gen.
qcgstj8h4sx41.jpg

You see "couldn't work the same way"? That's all I said.

Another one, Scorn:

According to developer Ebb Software, their upcoming next-gen title, Scorn, is going to be an Xbox Series X exclusive to maintain parity with the PC version.
In any case, Peklar explained the Xbox Series X release will allow for parity between the PC and console versions, something that just couldn't possibly be maintained with current-gen machines in the mix. The Xbox Series X version will run at 4K resolution and 60 frames per second, and an Xbox One port simply would not be able to match that level of performance.
Scorn Is a Next-Gen Exclusive Because Xbox One Can't Keep Up with PC

Of course guys like @daze23 can't wait to come in and make corny jokes making it look like I'm talking crazy shyt. It's "stans drinking Kool-aid" when a PS5 game is said to be exclusive on claims that it's not possible last gen but here's an example of a Xbox game said to be only next gen and no one says anything.

My first post in this thread, read it, comprehend it, then tell me where it sounds like I'm acting like I know more than devs.

Meanwhile yall in here arguing theories about the development process and how Microsoft is lying. I haven't said anything in here that Microsoft themselves haven't said.
It sounds like you "know more" because you were arguing basically against what this dev said above by stating MSFT "said games can be scaled back without affecting next gen" meanwhile a game coming to Xbox Series X has been said to not be possible on last gen by it's own developer, not me. Again, nobody said anything about MSFT is lying about dev kits, you brought that up. I'm done here, this went on way too long from misinterpretation of my post.

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
THERE IS NO PROBLEM lmao.
Then this is a stan circle jerk celebrating nothing.
:mjlol:
It sounds like you "know more" because you were arguing basically against what this dev said above by stating MSFT "said games can be scaled back without affecting next gen" meanwhile a game coming to Xbox Series X has been said to not be possible on last gen by it's own developer, not me.
Clearly I was talking about the games currently planned to release for both systems.

Did u think I meant all games for the duration of next gen could be scaled back?

Then you look even dumber trying to argue that this is something Microsoft is mandating, then posting proof that they aren't mandating it at all and there are in fact games that wont be ported over.

Sprinkle in a little bullshyt about how "we wont know if a game was held back:merchant:"

fukk outta here breh, you know know what the fukk you even trying to argue.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Then this is a stan circle jerk celebrating nothing.

I don't know why you still pulling up talking about shyt.

Clearly I was talking about the games currently planned to release for both systems.

Did u think I meant all games for the duration of next gen could be scaled back?
Clearly I was talking about the next gen vs current gen hence why I said YOU misinterpreted what I said.

Then you look even dumber trying to argue that this is something Microsoft is mandating, then posting proof that they aren't mandating it at all and there are in fact games that wont be ported over.
I didn't argue or say MSFT was mandating anything. You see my issue here with y'all, Y'all make claims of what someone said yet that is far from the truth. I said that clearly there will be games that devs will not be able to make on both consoles. I posted "proof" straight from one developer and Phil Spencer confirms this himself.

My initial post was that when Phil is talking about this "We won't force you to upgrade..." spiel it's PR. Saying something is PR isn't saying they're lying. They're saying what they know the fans want to hear.
Sprinkle in a little bullshyt about how "we wont know if a game was held back:merchant:"

fukk outta here breh, you know know what the fukk you even trying to argue.

Yes, you won't know. Just like if you weren't privy to the things ND said when UC4 was coming out about how if they tried to make the game 60fps they'd have to compromise it. I clearly know what the fukk I'm talking about, you obviously didn't hence why you went off on a tangent about something I didn't say talking about I said MSFT is lying when that never was even posted in this thread. Fukk outta here nikka. You nikkas stay getting hot over shyt nobody said. Can't ever have a simple dialogue on here without nikkas tryna start an argument over nothing.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Look at this dummy.

CEO and President of AMD knows PS5 has RDNA 2 but somehow it's being disputed.

guMAWFg.jpg

Maybe Lisa Su doesn't know what RDNA2 is right? :camby: