Microsoft says all their first party games for Series X will also be on Xbox One.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
A lot of people seem to have a terrible memory when it comes to the early years of a console.

Ya'll act like 99% of first wave console games couldn't run fine on previous gen hardware. Graphics might look a little shinier but we don't typically see the big leaps in quality until 2-3 years into a console's cycle. I'd be surprised if there's any PS5/XSX releases in the first year or two that come close o Cyberpunk, LoU2, RDR2 etc.

There's this myth that a new gen means instant leaps forward but if you look at that last couple of gens that's not been the case.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A lot of people seem to have a terrible memory when it comes to the early years of a console.

Ya'll act like 99% of first wave console games couldn't run fine on previous gen hardware. Graphics might look a little shinier but we don't typically see the big leaps in quality until 2-3 years into a console's cycle. I'd be surprised if there's any PS5/XSX releases in the first year or two that come close o Cyberpunk, LoU2, RDR2 etc.

There's this myth that a new gen means instant leaps forward but if you look at that last couple of gens that's not been the case.
The argument isn't that some games are not possible on last gen consoles at the start of a new gen, the argument is that a game(especially one 2 years in) without constraints of the older platform allows for a much bigger and fully realized game. Some people are erroneously reading into this as saying the Series X or PS5 version of a game will "suffer" in terms of performance or visuals and that's not what I'm saying.

Right at launch a game like Killzone Shadowfall or Infamous Second Son looked and felt markedly ahead of games similar to them which were cross gen or last gen.

Second Son had a much richer and more detailed open world with much more interactivity and things going on it than say MGSV which came out a year later than Infamous and was cross gen. It didn't simply look like Infamous 2 with better graphics.

Compare a game like Infamous Second Son or Batman Arkham Knight(2014/2015 game) to MGSV(A 2015 game but cross gen)
source.gif

UnkemptImaginativeDarwinsfox-size_restricted.gif

Compared to cross gen MGSV
giphy.gif

MGSV's open world was very bare bones and outside of enemy base camps it was barren and desolate. The current gen versions were "better" by way of 60fps and had better IQ but the fundamental game design was the same. That's the point. Of course to some they'll say it being 60fps is a case of the game not being held back but it's not about the performance/image quality but the game itself but since a version without constraints doesn't exist you can't really find an equal comparison.

The jump between this gen and next gen is even bigger especially with the SSD. Nobody has said how a game that's designed to take advantage of an SSD constraint free will somehow run just fine on a 5400RPM mechanical hard drive. Not to mention the massive difference between the Jaguar CPU in the PS4 and the Zen 2 architecture PS5 CPUs.

Just like on PC now, having an PCI-E SSD offers basic improvements(faster loading times) but nothing ground breaking which developers have spoken about since the new consoles were revealed. The fast speeds of the SSD right now on PC doesn't change the game as the games wasn't built for it.

Killzone Shadowfall looked way better than any 2013 PS3 exclusive too. Shadowfall looked way better than a game like TLOU on PS3.

Tl;dr native games built for a new console>>>>>cross gen games. Can't believe something as simple as this is riling people up.

Last edited:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
The argument isn't that some games are not possible on last gen consoles at the start of a new gen, the argument is that a game(especially one 2 years in) without constraints of the older platform allows for a much bigger and fully realized game. Some people are erroneously reading into this as saying the Series X or PS5 version of a game will "suffer" in terms of performance or visuals and that's not what I'm saying.

Right at launch a game like Killzone Shadowfall or Infamous Second Son looked and felt markedly ahead of games similar to them which were cross gen or last gen.

Second Son had a much richer and more detailed open world with much more interactivity and things going on it than say MGSV which came out a year later than Infamous and was cross gen. It didn't simply look like Infamous 2 with better graphics.

Compare a game like Infamous Second Son or Batman Arkham Knight(2014/2015 game) to MGSV(A 2015 game but cross gen)
source.gif

giphy.gif

MGSV's open world was very bare bones and outside of enemy base camps it was barren and desolate. The current gen versions were "better" by way of 60fps and had better IQ but the fundamental game design was the same. That's the point. Of course to some they'll say it being 60fps is a case of the game not being held back but it's not about the performance/image quality but the game itself but since a version without constraints doesn't exist you can't really find an equal comparison.

The jump between this gen and next gen is even bigger especially with the SSD. Nobody has said how a game that's designed to take advantage of an SSD constraint free will somehow run just fine on a 5400RPM mechanical hard drive. Not to mention the massive difference between the Jaguar CPU in the PS4 and the Zen 2 architecture PS5 CPUs.

Just like on PC now, having an PCI-E SSD offers basic improvements(faster loading times) but nothing ground breaking which developers have spoken about since the new consoles were revealed. The fast speeds of the SSD right now on PC doesn't change the game as the games wasn't built for it.

Killzone Shadowfall looked way better than any 2013 PS3 exclusive too. Shadowfall looked way better than a game like TLOU on PS3.

Tl;dr native games built for a new console>>>>>cross gen games. Can't believe something as simple as this is riling people up.
That’s just bail you giving. The devs made the game they wanted to make. No proof it had anything to do with it being on both current and last gen

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

source.gif

giphy.gif

Good post.

DF put out a video with a comparison to AC cross-gen (Black Flag) and next-gen proper (AC: Unity) that does a good job of showing that difference.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good post.

DF put out a video with a comparison to AC cross-gen (Black Flag) and next-gen proper (AC: Unity) that does a good job of showing that difference.

Thank you. This DF shows exactly what I was talking about.
Linked the time here.

That's all I was saying. If Unity was a next gen leap compared to the previous cross gen title Black Flags then why would people assume here where we have an even bigger leap especially in regards to the SSD and I/O differences+CPU architecture that it suddenly won't matter anymore? Some cats are taking this as an attack on cross-gen games not being good/or better than the last gen version. That's not at all what I'm trying to convey.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Thank you. This DF shows exactly what I was talking about.
Linked the time here.

That's all I was saying. If Unity was a next gen leap compared to the previous cross gen title Black Flags then why would people assume here where we have an even bigger leap especially in regards to the SSD and I/O differences+CPU architecture that it suddenly won't matter anymore? Some cats are taking this as an attack on cross-gen games not being good/or better than the last gen version. That's not at all what I'm trying to convey.

What you're trying to convey is this SSD of the ps5 will allow the creation of games not possible in previous gens. That can be true, but it can also be false. As long as Sony says that's the case you fight tooth and nail for it even if it's a lie. Mgs4 couldn't be made on xbox they said, they also claimed it was 50gb along with lbp1. You bought all that and even claimed cell made the ps3's weaker GPU stronger than xbox.

I could go on and on, the point is you're not only biased, but a moron because of your biases. Your an idiot if you think game developers are now gonna make games that cater to only the ps5 SSD. They'll program for velocity, they'll program for whatever becomes popular on PC, and most will just continue developing as they do now. The type of technology that would require all that is too expensive for the average studio.

Most games will not be created with this SSD in mind, so please stop acting like your 9.2tf system is impressive when there's an xbox series x to be had :umad:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Xbox is hampering their first party because they need to justify the One X for a few more years.

We're talking about first party though. Of course 3rd parties are gonna make for both gens but the CPUs of this gen are so weak they're not even up to snuff for the general PC user. They have the talent to pull it off but I think they're making a mistake. Especially, since the whole point is to compete with Sony's single player offerings. I think the Series S concept is great because it'll have the same specs bar the GPU. We'll see though, as long as Obsedian's next RPG is Series X to the metal :mjpls:
:mjpls:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You Are the Future of Gaming - Xbox Wire

So for the next two years every first party game on the Series X will also be on the Xbox One :patrice:

I mean it’s very pro consumer, I’ll give them that but I prefer Sony’s way of developing true next gen games that take full advantage of the new machine. I guess we’ll see who’s right
:sas2:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
You Are the Future of Gaming - Xbox Wire

So for the next two years every first party game on the Series X will also be on the Xbox One :patrice:

I mean it’s very pro consumer, I’ll give them that but I prefer Sony’s way of developing true next gen games that take full advantage of the new machine. I guess we’ll see who’s right
M$ is pro consumer and Sony is anticonsumer